326 replies to this topic

#41 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

It was an OK edition of ITME, easily the best segment I thought was Paula H's on new British laws effect on hookah smoking. About 18 months ago Monita Rajpal did a piece on the hookah's but this one was better. :D :D :D
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#42 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:33 AM

Hala Basha Gorani Returns To Egypt

Great to have Hala back on the show, I just caught that the show will be in Egypt I wasn't sharp enough to catch whereabouts, probably Cairo. I must say I'm unsure when Hala did the shoot as she was still in Atlanta Wednesday. :? Maybe Hala dropped off in Egypt on her way back from Iraq. I doubt Hala could shoot a ITME segment between Wednesday and this coming Saturday as that would leave no time for editing. Bit of a mystery :lol:
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#43 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:32 PM

Attached File  AD 092007.JPG   18.16KB   431 downloads

#44 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:52 PM

I doubt Hala could shoot a ITME segment between Wednesday and this coming Saturday as that would leave no time for editing. Bit of a mystery :lol:

It's possible because she only made the presentations of the reports. Two days are enough for that. Others reports were taped earlier, like Ben's Esfahan story.
Just a guess.

But the stop in Cairo after her Iraq stay is also a good possibility.

(And I don't know why they keep running ITME stories before the show itself. I would be very interested to watch Ben's report, but as I already saw taht before, there is no real appeal. :D But it's very good!!)

#45 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

She mentioned going back to the middle east "to cool down" about two weeks ago. My guess is that it was a very short trip to do just the presentation.

#46 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:31 AM

Oh dear no Hala segment :( but at least Hala was at her charismatic best when teeing up all three segments and we did see her have a close-up meet with a Water Buffalo. :)
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#47 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:30 PM

It was nice to have Hala back at ITME. :D And it seemed that she was happy to be back to. :D She looked in a very cheerful mood. And I guess there wasn't much time for Hala to record her part either. They even record her presentation while driving to Giza. Maybe in the next ITME there will be time for a Hala segment. At least we don't have to guess where is going to be presented from. :wink: :D

Loved that part where Hala had had the pyramids of Giza as a background. I have this fascination for ancient Egypt, as you may guess by my username here. :P
Posted Image

#48 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:25 AM

I also loved that moment where Hala saw a cute little kid and squeezed his nose affectionately. :D
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#49 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:40 PM

Good show. Plus Hala speaking Arabic and warning us she's going back to Jordan for next one - again?
But a little odd to tweak a kid's nose.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:43 PM

Attached File  HG CNN ITME 0907.JPG   35.58KB   647 downloads
http://edition.cnn.c...11/ime.gallery/

#51 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:19 PM

Attached File  ITME 10 2007.JPG   45.68KB   568 downloads
Attached File  ITME 10 2007 A.JPG   41.44KB   570 downloads
Attached File  ITME 10 2007 B.JPG   44.18KB   569 downloads
http://edition.cnn.c...e.october.gall/

#52 Mike

Mike

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:06 PM

Iíve really enjoyed this edition of Inside the Middle East. Really good job! 8) Ms. Hala showing why she is one of the best (if not the best) field reporters at CNN. Well done! Next, please! :D

#53 Guest_Hug_*

Guest_Hug_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:21 PM

And when the show does not come from Jordan or Egipt it comes from... Lebanon.

Again, ITME with Hala in Beirut. I know it's easier to shot on those locations. But I want to see other locations. Why not Tripoli, if you have to go to Lebanon?

And let's try Damascus or Tehran. Even Riad. I know it's very difficult to get visa permits to shot on these countries, but we would have different views of the region.

I love ITME, but the way it goes seems that the region is all about Egipt, Jordan and Lebanon. What about UAE, Qatar and others... :D

But as always, looking forward to this month's show, as I believe will be as good as always!!

#54 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:26 PM

And... when the show doesn't come from Egypt or Jordan it comes from... Lebanon.

Once again, this show is from Beirut. I love ITME, but I would like to see other locations as well. So, if you have to tape in Lebanon, why not Tripoli rather than Beirut?

What about Damascus or Tehran? Even Riad? I know it's very difficult to get permissions to tape on those countries, but like they're doing now, they're resuming the region to Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon. What about UAE, Qatar, Kuwait and others...

Once again, I love ITME, and looking forward to this month's show. And I'm sure it will be good as it's every month.

#55 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:27 PM

And... when the show doesn't come from Egypt or Jordan it comes from... Lebanon.

Once again, this show is from Beirut. I love ITME, but I would like to see other locations as well. So, if you have to tape in Lebanon, why not Tripoli rather than Beirut?

What about Damascus or Tehran? Even Riad? I know it's very difficult to get permissions to tape on those countries, but like they're doing now, they're resuming the region to Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon. What about UAE, Qatar, Kuwait and others...

Once again, I love ITME, and looking forward to this month's show. And I'm sure it will be good as it's every month.

#56 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

I feel Beirut like Paris is close to Hala's heart, that's the sense I get so I would not mind another edition from there. :D

Algeria (part of the broader Middle East) is where I really want to see Hala visit on the show.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#57 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:55 PM

This month's bit from CNN.com:
Attached File  ITME.JPG   31.3KB   404 downloads

Sounds interesting, as always :D .

#58 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:35 PM

Attached File  ITME Promo 1107.jpg   42.55KB   356 downloads

#59 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:51 PM

This has to be top three all time ITME. Loved all three reports and as far as Hala in hair salon and ending up as

Curly Gorani

:D :D :D Platinum Plated Vintage Gorani :D :D :D
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#60 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:53 PM

I have to say that she is in a very good moment!!!

Even coming from Beirut - a detail that, in the end, didn't make any difference because they weren't outside - the beauty saloon moment was priceless!!!

Grade: 9,7

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users