MSNBC

210 replies to this topic

#1 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:27 PM

I know she doesn't go to work very often, but I'm pretty sure she's still a Senator...
Attached File  MSNBC FMR SEN.jpg   37.78KB   974 downloads

#2 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:41 AM

Oops! :lol:

-------------

I really like MSNBC's new site (well not that new, it's been around for a month or two now). It's really colorful, but manages to stay quite simple, unlike FOX News's site.

Compare the MSNBC and CNN story pages:Attached File  Story.JPG   74.91KB   947 downloadsCNN's looks really bland to me compared to MSNBC, though I will say I find CNN's much simpler to use.

And the homepages:Attached File  Homepage.JPG   92.17KB   946 downloadsI actually prefer CNN's homepage, because all the 'boxes' really simplify it, and when there is a big story, like Benazir Bhutto's death, it is very versatile. But it's still too bland.

I really wish CNN would add a bit of color to its site - even if it's just a colorful header like on MSNBC.

#3 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:03 AM

Ok Dan Abrams, you caught Hala in a mistake and played it back for the world. But your snide comments after prove you to be the clueless one. And by the way, when was the last time you got your pampered little metrosexual butt out of the studio and covered anything other than a Britney Spears story? Might be a bit tougher to be a real journalist on an eight day trip with no sleep than a talking head, eh?

Your show has been cancelled in our house.

#4 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:10 AM

Please could you explain Houston - what did he say? :shock:

EDIT: I've found the MSNBC URL for that video. Poor Hala. Actually I must say that Dan Abrams looks like a ******* without even hearing what he has to say.

http://www.msnbc.msn... ... 5#22657345

#5 cldsleyon

cldsleyon

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:28 AM

Please could you explain Houston - what did he say? :shock:

EDIT: I've found the MSNBC URL for that video. Poor Hala. Actually I must say that Dan Abrams looks like a ******* without even hearing what he has to say.

http://www.msnbc.msn... ... 5#22657345

It is all jelousy. MSNBC will always struggle here in the US. They will never be an international player. When will they ever shout their mouths and let other people with experience do the story. They must be feeling like *HIT when other news organizations can out do them when it comes to international presence and crediblity. POOR MSNBC :evil: :twisted: :roll:

#6 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:19 AM

Ah, but this is true:
Attached File  BPT.jpg   45.77KB   850 downloads

#7 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:57 AM

Way to go, MSNBC for doing your job. The network went to live coverage of Air Force One landing in Israel and stayed with it thro the speeches.

Fox had a 30 second update Bush had landed.

And CNN - the network which brags it has the most extensive world wide coverage? NOT A THING. Kept on the rerun of the faux journalist and the talking heads pathetically trying to babble about the WVa primary - of which there was really nothing to say. I don't know if CNNI ran coverage - but CNN/US not is just another example of what a pitiful excuse of a news source it has become.

MSNBC still has long way to go - but with the efforts it shows in covering live events it will get there.

#8 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:58 AM

Oh my gosh, news networks make mistakes with capitals all the time. They think Sao Paulo is the capital of Brazil, Sydney is the capital of Australia, Auckland is the capital of New Zealand, Johannesburg is the capital of South Africa, and yes, that Tel Aviv is the Israeli capital.

Hala should not have made that mistake. I don't think it reflected well on her because I know she could have done a lot better there. But then again, she is human. She is constantly swamped with a mountain of information, so I am not surprised that she did make that mistake. In any case, I would rather watch five million reruns of ITME than MSNBC any day.
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#9 zack10

zack10

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:48 PM

Oh my gosh, news networks make mistakes with capitals all the time. They think Sao Paulo is the capital of Brazil, Sydney is the capital of Australia, Auckland is the capital of New Zealand, Johannesburg is the capital of South Africa, and yes, that Tel Aviv is the Israeli capital.

Hala should not have made that mistake. I don't think it reflected well on her because I know she could have done a lot better there. But then again, she is human. She is constantly swamped with a mountain of information, so I am not surprised that she did make that mistake. In any case, I would rather watch five million reruns of ITME than MSNBC any day.

Why is Hala Gorani been mention in here?

#10 kauefranqueirafan

kauefranqueirafan

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:54 AM

Sao Paulo is not the capital of Brazil, Sao Paulo is most important financial city in the country.

The capital of Brazil is Brasilia.

#11 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:38 AM

Sao Paulo is not the capital of Brazil, Sao Paulo is most important financial city in the country.

The capital of Brazil is Brasilia.

I knew that, I was talking about how news networks make mistakes with capitals all the time.
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#12 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

This is one of the most biased channels in the whole world. just see their election coverage and all the coverage between clinton and obama. So anti-clinton(just like many other, incl CNN).

#13 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:15 PM

RIP Tim Russert.

#14 Nexties

Nexties

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:43 AM

Houston, that's very sad news.

#15 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:36 AM

OMG, this is a total shock. "A loss for the nation" indeed.

#16 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:51 PM

MSNBC, bad mistake underusing Ms. O'Donnell for the election.
Posted Image

#17 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:11 AM

Their new graphics package debuts tomorrow - or I guess, later today.

#18 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:27 AM

^^^

What do they look like? Where did you hear this?

#19 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

They kept the *&^*0 crawl.

#20 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the caps, Houston, but I don't really see what's new. Perhaps that's just because I don't watch a lot of MSNBC.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users