http://msnbctv.multiply.com/

#42 Nexties

Nexties

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:58 AM

^^^ There is an huge difference between the CNNfan community and the MSNBC community. Good luck to the MSNBC community. And don't hesitate to ask for advice. Remember the CNNfan community, which includes fans of MSNBC, has been online for years.

Fans like to talk to other fans. Thanks for the link. FYI: As of this post: MSNBCfan.com is still available.

#43 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:05 AM

.:Source: NY Daily News (via TVNewser)
.:Link: Click here for full interview

Interview with former CNN contributor Carlos Watson.

In just two months, Carlos Watson has leap-frogged within the ranks at MSNBC from on-air guest to contributor to political analyst to co-anchoring the daytime news with Contessa Brewer.

Now, the 39-year-old Harvard graduate, who was once labeled a problem child, is inching up to the edge of political punditry, ready to lead the Obama generation into a new era of information.

#44 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:45 AM

And to finish my ranting...
MSNBC did a story today on the terrifying e-mail death threats that have been sent to AIG executives.
Norah O'Donnell was just shocked and appalled. (I find Norah the American news equivalent of Hala.)

Well guys, after MSNBC and every other news outlet villified those AIG execs with the excessive coverage of those *shocking* *outrageous* bonuses, implying AIG single handedly created the economic mess (and probably global warming, poverty in Africa and the Michael Jackson comeback too, eh?) what did you expect? Your dead horse approach created a huge target for really unhappy crazies.

#45 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

New graphics package?

http://www.mediabist... ... 120185.asp

#46 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:45 PM

I think it's great they are finally going HD, but since they are dumping Norah O'Donnell form anchoring for a bunch of no names...I won't be watching it.

#47 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

Those graphics look better and they look a little bit like CNN's. But I don't really like MSNBC's shows quite honestly, except for maybe their dayside rolling news, but if I'm going to watch news at that time, I'd rather watch 'Newsroom or whatever's on CNNI.

I think it's great they are finally going HD, but since they are dumping Norah O'Donnell form anchoring for a bunch of no names...I won't be watching it.

Aren't they bringing in Dylan Rattigan from CNBC to do a show?

Edit: better caps can be seen here.

#48 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:52 AM

I think so, but never heard of him.

#49 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:20 AM

After watching their morning program, I'm no longer a fan of their design. The ticker is way more distracting, and they've adapted CNN's habit of displaying a huge program box on the the bottom right hand side.

#50 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

It's cleaner in terms of aesthetics, but they added so many different elements that it's very distracting, so it gets a thumbs down from me. The bar at the top left is completely useless...completely useless. I think it's worse than CNN's gizmo, which has some use occasionally. I don't like that big market box at the bottom right - I see no need for it animating. And the ticker is promising, but it's split into such weird categories (top stories, politics, economy, health, and entertainment).

But it's not the graphics that makes a channel, it's their reporting that counts. And for the last twenty minutes, they've been covering a high-speed police car chase in Dallas... :roll:

#51 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:28 AM

I kind of like the new graphics.
Posted Image

but really, is New York THAT important?
Posted Image

Some of the graphics on the news this morning seemed very gray. I'll have to try to cap some.

#52 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:43 AM

They have grown on me in the last week. If they could take out that bar at the top and incorporate all that stuff (the bug, the time, the Live bug, etc.) at the bottom right and rework the crawl, then I would really like it. They can definitely fit more into the lower thirds than CNN can, and MSNBC's lower thirds are more colorful.

Still, I'm not switching from CNN to MSNBC anytime soon. MSNBC has nothing on during the overnight and weekends except for old reruns of Dateline episodes, they have too much opinion junk, and they have hardly any international reporting.

Houston, do you get MSNBC in HD, or does that weather graphic from Morning Joe appear on the SD feed as well?

Edit: Here are some videos I've found for those of you who haven't seen it yet. I really like their set, too:

#53 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

They need to keep their graphics within the safe zone. I wouldn't say my televisions have a major overscan problem, but the top bar is always sliced in half. The bottom ticker barely makes it.

#54 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

^^^

I've noticed that, too, only my problem is on the sides. the "On the Phone" graphic gets sliced into "n the hone". And this is on a 16:9 TV, too, so I know my TV isn't cutting off the sides.

#55 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:13 AM

Houston, do you get MSNBC in HD, or does that weather graphic from Morning Joe appear on the SD feed as well?

Dish usually has two channels for a network if it's HD and they don't have 209HD yet, still just 209. I don't know all the technical stuff, but I have no problem seeing everything on the flat screen. Everything is cut off on the regular TV. Also the button on the remote that goes between normal and letterbox doesn't change anything, so I say it's still SD here.

They also have gone to those side boxes, but on the other side.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I don't like the grey titles for eveything but top stories. I like the blue. They need more colors.
Posted Image

And maybe I'm missing something, but what is INTRADAY?

#56 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:32 AM

And maybe I'm missing something, but what is INTRADAY?

Means trading day is still in progress.

#57 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:35 AM

Thanks for the caps, Houston. I really like Morning Joe's color scheme. And I agree that the regular lower thirds should be more colorful. I think it would be cool if they used more of those bright colors that are in the NBC peacock.

It really has grown on me, and I like that wipe transition they use on the lower thirds.

#58 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:47 AM

If most of the items were static (clock, logo, stocks), that'll greatly improve the viewing experience.

#59 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:48 AM

Thanks Jon.

#60 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:49 AM

^^^

I agree. As I said before, if they could put the bug, time, live bug, and markets all in the lower left, we'd have a winner.

I'd also like to see CNBC use graphics like these, but I won't hold my tongue.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users