472 replies to this topic

#1 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

CNN's chief international correspondent, based in London.

#2 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:00 AM

.:Source: RW Online
.:Link: Read the full article here

Christiane Amanpour to receive award.

Christiane Amanpour, CNN's chief international correspondent, has been named recipient of the Paul White Award from the Radio-Television News Directors Association.

RTNDA will honor Amanpour on April 16 at RTNDA@NAB in Las Vegas.

#3 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

but I haven't seen her do a single report in ages. The last report was the Muslims in London one and thats all.

#4 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:46 AM

cool good to see her not on air! 8)

#5 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:33 PM

she was on air today from London, as Stephen asked her questions on the Iranian president's speech.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:56 PM

Someone told me she is moving from London. Does anyone know if it is true?

#7 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:45 PM

Yeah. The London Daily Mail has confirmed that she is moving to the States. Her husband will work on Hillary Clinton's campaign.

#8 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:36 AM

Christiane has been awarded a CBE in the Queen's birthday honour list. Totally meaningless of course and here is something else I found in the Daily Telegraph

The CNN journalist Christiane Amanpour is reportedly the world's highest-paid reporter. So it is fitting to hear that she might be the most pampered too. Relating her time in an army desert camp on the eve of the Iraq war, the BBC correspondent Caroline Wyatt says the fragrant Amanpour wafted into the camp after charming an "honorary" embed out of an army PR man. According to Wyatt, Amanpour's "burly, armed security men proceeded to dig her own personal trench".

Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#9 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

I never liked her, what's so special about her. Hala is much more objective and a nice person too.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#10 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

I never liked her, what's so special about her. Hala is much more objective and a nice person too.

But she has a lot of experience and knowledge compared to Hala. And is Hala just your choice as the next Chief Corresp. or is it real or something?

#11 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:58 AM

No I don't want Hala to become that. I just compared them, well I don't know why. I love Hala as an anchor/reporter, just like she is right now.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#12 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

Does this mean she's a Dame?

#13 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:57 AM

No Christane was given a lesser award a CBE (Commander of the British Empire) stupid really as the Britain that once ruled a 1/4 of the worlds population doesn't exist any more. :lol:
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#14 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:43 AM

I am no fan of Christiane's new promo (I think it's new anyway)the subtext could almost be

"I am CNN""
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#15 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:03 PM

I'm no fan at all of her new promo as well. And period.

I have promised to myself that will turn to Warner Channel when that promo appears.

#16 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:52 AM

I haven't seen this new promo... Is it being screened on the Asia Pacific feed? How often does it screen?

#17 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:34 PM

What I really dislike on the promo and in every anchor is when they say everything in 1st person. I mean: *sb* joins ME on the phone from..., I witnessed, I covered, I talked, I interviewed, I was, I am. And this promo is all about Christiane talking about herself. They could had made this in other way.

>> I'll be off the next month as I'll be at the Pan-American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, so no posts and comments from now on. See you later!! :D

#18 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

^^ Have a great time, Hugo!

I saw that promo in question. I have to agree with Spitty - It did seem to suggest that CNN is all about Christiane (to me at least). I'd be interested to see if there are any more promos like this rolled out over the coming days/weeks for other correspondents and/or anchors.

#19 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:41 AM

[quote name="Hugo"]What I really dislike on the promo and in every anchor is when they say everything in 1st person. I mean: *sb* joins ME on the phone from..., I witnessed, I covered, I talked, I interviewed, I was, I am. And this promo is all about Christiane talking about herself. They could had made this in other way.[quote]
But she deserves it, doesn't she?? I mean, how many correspondents get highest honors of the world from Queen Elizabeth?? And Hugo, Have a great time!!!

#20 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:43 AM

They haven't shown that promo here. Maybe the new video service will show the whole CNNI feed - promos and all. But I'm not holding my breath.

Since she's moved to NY for her husband to work for Clinton's election, and if, BIG IF, Clinton were to get elected President, and her husband was given a position by Clinton - then, ethically she'd have to resign wouldn't she? Maria Shriver had to give up her news career for Arnold, so why wouldn't Amanpour? I certainly wouldn't miss her.

And too bad the UK bombs weren't by disgruntled Druids or someone else so we wouldn't be fed endless reruns of her dead horse special about the fanatic Muslims in Britian (the minute they found the car bombs, CNN/US started advertising it was going to be aired all weekend). Seriously, between CNN/I and US they have to have run that hour a hundred times. If I hear that voice one more time...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users