#41 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:42 PM

Now that is one crazy article.
I guess Christiane pissed that Cassandra Jardine by doing actual work and by getting Peabody Award.

#42 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:46 AM

Christiane just received CBE from the Queen.
CBE - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBE

#43 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:39 AM

I've just seen it on CNN. Why did she have to wear that awful hat :shock: :shock: :shock: ???

#44 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

I've just seen it on CNN. Why did she have to wear that awful hat :shock: :shock: :shock: ???

Because she had to meet the Queen. And Queen has to be always most beautiful creature in 30km area.
: )

#45 Tarra

Tarra

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:06 PM

Congratulations to her !
Attached File  SnapShot(2).jpg   18.14KB   403 downloads
Attached File  SnapShot(13).jpg   17.77KB   402 downloads

#46 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:36 PM

why does she have a metal bucket over her head? wierd

#47 Mike

Mike

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:19 PM

Because she had to meet the Queen. And Queen has to be always most beautiful creature in 30km area.
: )

Exactly! :lol: People cannot wear ordinary hats when they meet the Queen that's part of the protocol. And the funniest thing was to see Christiane reporting live about her own accomplishment… all smiles and stuff. Well of course! :) Congratulations to her! She deserved this recognition for the brave and hard work she has been doing on CNN.

A little trivia, in an earlier statement Amanpour said, "I am proud to be part of this tradition. I am stunned and delighted to be recognized in this wonderful way for my work and, of course, for being a True Brit!". :D

#48 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

She deserves it, Congratulations to her!!!!

#49 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:48 AM

I'm still no fan, but she gave a very interesting interview about being Iranian, CNN, getting started in journalism etc. I don't know if it's out there in the ether somewhere, but the show was the Kalb Report or something similar.
Posted Image

#50 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:50 AM

As far as I am concerned Christiane has become a mere figurehead at CNN accompanying an orchestra to North Korea chatting with the Dala Lama this is not what you would expect from the supposed highest paid journalist in the world.

When did she last get her hands dirty?

I would give her title to someone else she no longer pulls her weight and hasn't for years now.

I guess Michael Ware is too much of a loose cannon to have that position. Shame that, what an amazing reporter he is.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#51 Guest_Axl_*

Guest_Axl_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

Hi! I was attending Barack Obama's speech in Berlin on Thursday. We were standing only 20 meters away from the speaker's desk, which was amazing because we could actually see him in person unlike thousands of people behind us, who only saw him on video walls. To cut a long story short, we were waiting right next to the media-stage where all the reporters and correspondents where doing live shots. I took a couple of pictures of Christiane Amanpour when she was leaning against the barrier, watching the crowd, resting... -- a lot of people appeard to have recognized her... Candy Crowley was there as well as you might have seen on TV...

#52 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:30 PM

Great pictures.

#53 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

Wow! Fantastic pictures.

#54 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:17 AM

Great pictures, looks like Candy just finished off sucking on a Lemon :P

#55 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

I hope Obama wins so this hideous woman will be off air.

#56 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:49 PM

CNN Correspondent Christiane Amanpour to Receive National Press Club's Fourth Estate Award
http://www.marketwat...3-C301913F164E}

#57 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:44 AM

.:Source: New York Post (via Inside Cable News)

After years of dedicated service to CNN, Christiane Amanpour may finally be getting her own show. Our insider said, "She's getting her own hour. She was furious after CNN gave [Newsweek correspondent] Fareed Zakaria his own show on Sunday - especially since it's all about international affairs which is her specialty." CNN honchos bowed to Amanpour's wrath and are ready to announce her program "soon."

#58 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:13 AM

^^^

That's excellent news. I'm interested in seeing what her program will be like. I've always liked and admired her reporting.

#59 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

I can imagine her having tantrums after Zakaria got his show. Well unlike her he is not so biased and his show is very good, but I'll wait to see what she will do. 8)
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#60 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

Well unlike her he is not so biased and his show is very good, but I'll wait to see what she will do. 8)

Unlike her, he didn't win all those prizes:
http://en.wikipedia.... ... ecognition

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users