84 replies to this topic

#41 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

Their new CNBC Asia studio just premiered. Looks fantastic. Nice use of video walls to convey information. CNN should take notice.

#42 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

I'm afraid my cable company removed CNBC almost two years ago, but what I remember most from their Asian shows is sometimes really bad audio. You could often hear sort of echo in the studio, not a big one, but noticeable enough to annoy you. Now, I'm not sure whether this was the case in Singapore HQ or in Sydney studio, but I hope they did something with it.

#43 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

http://www.mediabist... ... 165334.asp

#44 pokornya

pokornya

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

I´ve uploaded another old clip from CNBC. This is the Money wheel from 1998.

#45 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

Thanks pokornya for the upload! That "Money wheel" music was soooo catchy in the old days I sometimes couldn't get it out of my head for hours. I also like the "Squawk Box" music from that time.

#46 pokornya

pokornya

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

I´ve uploaded one more clip from CNBC´s Squawk box. The guys are covering the DOW reaching 9000.

#47 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

Great stuff!

#48 cityprod

cityprod

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

Has anybody got the full version of that CNBC Money Wheel music anywhere? If I remember correctly, it ran for about 2 minutes.

#49 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

I found this on YouTube, there's about a minute of it uninterrupted before it's cut off.

#50 pokornya

pokornya

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

Has anybody got the full version of that CNBC Money Wheel music anywhere? If I remember correctly, it ran for about 2 minutes.

I do not have this one, but I have some of CNBC´s vintage themes from production libraries. If you watched CNBC back in 1993 or 94, you´d recognize some of them.

#51 cityprod

cityprod

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:58 PM

My first exposure to CNBC would have been at the beginning of 1995, when NBC Super Channel arrived on Astra 1D. At that time, Financial Times Television had started producing The European Money Wheel from 9am UK, which was followed by US Money Wheel at 1pm UK.

#52 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

Mark Haines has died. :-(

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43167028

R.I.P Mr. Haines...

#53 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

What a shock to wake up and hear about this today. My cable company removed CNBC a couple of months back, so I haven't really seen much of CNBC this year. Was Mark ill? According to reports he passed suddenly.

Condolences to Mark's family and friends.

#54 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

Haven't seen any info on cause of death yet, but I did catch Squawk on the Street here and there lately and he didn't seem sick at all. Heck, he didn't even look older than in mid 90s, when I was glued to CNBC in the good old days.

It really came as a complete shock to me, he was one of those rare TV guys who had a combination of experience, authority and wit. Although CNBC today is barely a shadow of the network it was until about 10 years ago, Mark's death is in a way marking the end of an era. He maybe wasn't a big star, but he was certainly CNBC's biggest name, just like Tim Russert was probably the biggest name of NBC News when he passed away a few years ago.

#55 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

I was shocked to hear about Mark's death. I have watched him from time to time, and I often hear about him. The fact that Erin Burnett anchored with him for the last time a few weeks back made me think of something... did anyone know? No. It was a sudden death and my condolences go to his wife and children, and everyone at CNBC (current and former and all divisions)
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#56 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

Very sad news. 65 isn't old these days. It serves as a reminder that tomorrow is promised to nobody. Bless you, Mark.

Edited by Lazlo, 26 May 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#57 Bubbles

Bubbles

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

A Tour of CNBC's New "Green" Studio

#58 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

CNBC has launched the CNBC Real-Time TV App, available for connected TV platforms throughout the EMEA region.

The CNBC Real-Time TV App, which is free to use, allows viewers to access content from CNBC’s TV and online platforms via their internet connected televisions, giving them access to the latest essential business and financial news and data.

http://www.newsonnew...es-in-emea.html

#59 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

CNBC EMEA is to air a special extended edition of European Closing Bell as European markets react to a plethora of news affecting European banks.

Bank shares hit a 29 month low as markets reacted to worries of more sub-prime mortgage problems, including the US announcing it's intention to sue some banks for misrepresenting the value of such mortgages.

http://www.newsonnew...ocks-slide.html

#60 Bilka

Bilka

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

Melissa Francis Leaving CNBC for Fox Business: http://www.mediabist...usiness_b100817

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users