173 replies to this topic

#1 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

Hmmm, I've never seen this beautiful woman before, and I can't find a bio for her on cnn.com. I've searched the web for her too and can't find anything - is she new to CNN? I really hope she is. :D :D :D :D :D

Posted Image

That low quality cap doesn't make her look too good - believe me, she looks amazing.

More pics coming later. She was doing Ralitsa's second edition of WN at 1ET. I noticed Rosemary was doing Ralitsa's first slot at 12 noon ET - why not let Brooke do it all? :shock:

#2 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

Apparently she used to anchor on a Fox local news channel in DC, and before that she was on CBS local news in West Virginia. American members, please can you tell me if you've seen her bbefore on CNN/US or HLN? Thanks! 8)

http://www.carolinaw...ke_baldwin.html

http://www.tvjobs.co... ... ate&agent=

EDIT: More pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Soph

Soph

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:12 PM

I think Richard is in love :P :P :mrgreen:

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:15 PM

Very weird schedule today... Rosemary was on at 1800CET, Kate at 2000... what happend to the usual shift?

Here another photo of Brooke:
Posted Image

#5 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:32 PM

Who is Kate????

Brook reminds me of Rosie, I don't know why.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#6 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

I think Richard is in love

lol!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't prefer Brooke over CNN's best like Hala and Colleen - at least not yet. But I only saw 25 minutes of her and she looks like she has huge potential - I'd love to se how she copes with dual-anchroing on YWT. She made Bill Schneider laugh today, which is a good start. :D And of course she is very beautiful. :lol:

Thanks for the cap Guest. 8)

btw,

Kate at 2000

Kate??? :shock: :shock: :shock: Who's she?

#7 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

I've never seen her, but I don't really watch US that much. I checked the usual places about people moves (Broadcast and Cable; The AJC - but nothing). Her WOWK bio says she started at CNN, but I can't place her.
http://wowktv.com/bi...iewbio&bioid=50

And if I wasn't half asleep last evening didn't Jim do some of the Sesay/Namdar shift?

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:30 AM

Richard Lui from CNN US made shift from noon till night last week on Sunday.CNN is probably trying something new.

#9 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:36 AM

Brook reminds me of Rosie, I don't know why.

I think she does remind me of Rosie too in that screencap with Bill Schneider. EDIT: It's the cheekbones and the lips.

I noticed Rosemary was doing Ralitsa's first slot at 12 noon ET - why not let Brooke do it all? :shock:

AHEM! Hello?! :lol:

And the question on everyone's lips, who is KATE?!
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#10 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:15 AM

She also reminds me of Brooke Anderson with dark hair. Maybe she got married and changed her hair colour. :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#11 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

I read somewhere that Brooke is currently only a temporary anchor at CNN, although quite often temp anchors become proper ones if CNN thinks they're good. Please keep her CNN! :D :D :D

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

Brooke is on right now!, in Ralista slot......she seems good but she does speak a little bit of slang..... when speaking to Fred Plainkton..... she said to him at the end 'chat to you later' slightly informal to me but i like her but not compared to hala rosie or colleen or becky or monita

#13 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:15 PM

Her style of anchoring is very CNN US. Quite informal, as the guest above said. It's like she's talking to the audience as if all of em were her friends, or rather, American friends. That can be a good or a bad thing. You decide.

Although she did make quite a few errors. I don't know. I could be nitpicking or a lil more observant/pedantic because she's new.

Also, the way she puts her arms on the desk, opened wide, yup, it's like Rosie all right.
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#14 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

Brooke is at home. She is probably the only CNN anchor, based on the CNN Center, in Atlanta, that actualy is from Atlanta. :wink:
I remember reading CNN was getting new faces. Maybe she is one of those. CNNI certainly seems to have a lack of personal.
Posted Image

#15 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

Is Brooke Baldwin the new cnnfan.org craze/hype? :mrgreen: :lol:

I'll try to watch out for her and see what this is all about. ;)

#16 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:18 PM

Is Brooke Baldwin the new cnnfan.org craze/hype? :mrgreen: :lol:

I'll try to watch out for her and see what this is all about. ;)

Not mine. I casually caught her on air this weekend while I was zapping.
For me, only Hala is the Queen of Atlanta and of CNNI. :wink:
I was just curious about who she was. :P
Posted Image

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

I like her, bit more informal and she seems very confident. Hope she stays!

#18 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:51 AM

Whas she on weekends?? What time? Never seen her before.

#19 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:00 AM

I like, she is nice :mrgreen:

http://www.ibiblio.o...e_Baldwin.shtml

"And here we see the majestic B-52. Look closely when her little babies now take their first step into adulthood. They carefully leave the warmth of her mothers belly and set foot into the wild. Silently they fly towards their new home and lodge themselves into the ground and bringing some motherfu**in freedom to anyone in need. The B-52 is now ready to mate again and soon another batch of little bomblings will spawn from its womb to continue the never ending cycle of freedom and democracy."
Keksmonster0991

#20 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:55 AM

Wow! She looks like a great new member of the team, i'd like to see her do a show sometime!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users