173 replies to this topic

#21 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:09 AM

Made no impression on me at all except for me not liking her voice. What are her international credentials? Does she have any?

For me can't hold a candle to Asieh Namdar and Isha Sesay.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#22 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:41 AM

Last night I watched WN with BB and I'm not that impressed either.
She is trying to much to be serious and it looks a bit fake.
Pluse she made several mistakes, but she's new so I can forget that.
Maybe she'll get better with time.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#23 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

I managed to finally see her on CNN for the first time last weekend. I think she looks nice and she has a good voice for an anchor. Hope to see more of her in the future.

#24 zack10

zack10

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

she is way too local news for my taste and expectations for an international news channel. Even local news biz is competitive and she might find it had to break through as an anchor let alone a global channel.

#25 Guest_TNN_*

Guest_TNN_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:34 AM

I think she is quite good for a young anchor. With more time and experience she has potential.

#26 Guest_superfan_*

Guest_superfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:35 AM

Last night I watched WN with BB and I'm not that impressed either.
She is trying to much to be serious and it looks a bit fake.
Pluse she made several mistakes, but she's new so I can forget that.
Maybe she'll get better with time.

She won't get better with time. She's always been like that -- trying too hard to be someone else. She's a weird combination of anchorbot and "cool casual chick." But she can't really pull off either very well. She is hot though.

#27 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:59 AM

http://www.reporterc...ay&thread=12760

"And here we see the majestic B-52. Look closely when her little babies now take their first step into adulthood. They carefully leave the warmth of her mothers belly and set foot into the wild. Silently they fly towards their new home and lodge themselves into the ground and bringing some motherfu**in freedom to anyone in need. The B-52 is now ready to mate again and soon another batch of little bomblings will spawn from its womb to continue the never ending cycle of freedom and democracy."
Keksmonster0991

#28 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:34 AM

Brooke is from Atlanta...she went to my high school actually. She graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill, got a job with a news station in Charlottesville, VA. Then, she was working at Fox 5 in Washington DC, and now it seems she has made the jump to CNN. Back in her home town!

#29 Guest_GuestACG_*

Guest_GuestACG_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:36 AM

Brooke is from Atlanta...she went to my high school actually. She graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill and got a job at a news station in Charlottesville, VA. Then, she was working at FOX 5 in Washington DC, and now it seems she has made the jump to CNN. She's back in our home town!

#30 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

Made no impression on me at all except for me not liking her voice. What are her international credentials? Does she have any?

For me can't hold a candle to Asieh Namdar and Isha Sesay.

no international cred.
believe she was brought in by her old manager who moved from dc to cnn ... brought BB with her.
she has no originality and no real personality. but she smiles well and smart enough to pretend what she thinks an anchor should be.

#31 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

Hi guys,
I've seen her yesterday as a correspondent/reporter,reporting on the DC firearms ban thing.
From what I saw,I think she's a far better reporter than anchor.She also seemed to be far more comfortable in that position than behind the anchordesk,really more relaxed.
I think CNN should leave it that way and not use her as an anchor anymore.

#32 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

Can someone delite that insulting post from that mean Guest. There's no need to talk like that about Brooke. :evil: :twisted:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#33 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:07 AM

Quite right ginnyfan,there's no need to talk about Brooke like that-talk about anyone like that.

If someone can delete this guest's post,would he/she please be so kind and search the Kristie thread as well.
Cause I read in in a while ago & found a similar offensive post,though I don't know if it's still there.

And thank you to every one who was so kind and tried to explain to me how to make these beautiful caps.At first I didn't understand anything-sorry,not your fault,my fault,but my cousin explained it a bit to me and told me that I need some kind of programme for this.
I asked him if He could give it to me for my birthday and he said yes-my birthday is in October so I have to wait a little.

Have a nice weekend
goursote

#34 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

Ive deleted the offensive post - Guest, I hope you realize that we don't want things lke that rouund here.

btw, thanks for pointng it out ginnyfan and goursote! 8)

#35 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

I was working out and was captivated by her beauty. I did actually listen to the story as well. :D . Had no idea who she was so came to google to find out about her. Guess i'll take a bit more interest in ATL news. She does a lot of hand jestures but i think that it is better then standing like a wood stick reporting

http://www.cnn.com/v... ... ideosearch

#36 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

Reading this bio of Brooke confirms what I already suspected she has no or virtually no international credentials and therefore in my opinion shouldn't be used by CNNi. This is my position and it is unalterable. If that Regi fellow is the same then standards are slipping markedly.
http://wowktv.com/bi...iewbio&bioid=50
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#37 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

That see-through top Brooke wore this Sunday (?) was pretty unusual for CNNi.

#38 Paul

Paul

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

Brooke is anchoring Headline News this morning! It's nice to see her on the U.S. channels! :D

#39 Guest_superfan_*

Guest_superfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

Brooke is anchoring Headline News this morning! It's nice to see her on the U.S. channels! :D

yeah, and she was just as bad. cnn should keep her on the street or kick her back down to the minors for ahwile. gimme some kyra phillips behind the desk and then we can talk.

#40 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:14 AM

I didn't even know she was with CNN now.. I was crazy about her a couple of years ago when she was on WOWK.. my local CBS. Last I saw her, she was anchoring the morning news for the channel before leaving, and I never found out where, other than when she started working in Washington DC. All of the sudden, I see her on Headline News tonight and I almost lost it haha

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users