173 replies to this topic

#41 Paul

Paul

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:54 PM

I didn't even know she was with CNN now.. I was crazy about her a couple of years ago when she was on WOWK.. my local CBS. Last I saw her, she was anchoring the morning news for the channel before leaving, and I never found out where, other than when she started working in Washington DC. All of the sudden, I see her on Headline News tonight and I almost lost it haha

Yeah, I like her a lot. This is her second weekend in a row she's anchored for Headline News.
Before that she was at CNN International for a brief period of time, I guess they are moving her around to see where she may work best.

#42 Guest_scotte_*

Guest_scotte_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:21 PM

Brooke was at Fox 5 for a while and was good. Shame she left but she could not hold a torch to the other women at Fox 5

#43 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:54 AM

It seems like I've seen her anchoring on CNN.com Live. It also seems like I saw her reporting about the DC gun story a few weeks ago on CNN US. However, I've seen too little of her to develop an opinion.

#44 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:29 PM

I used to watch her here in DC...all of a sudden she was gone, no explanation. Then I hear her voice one morning from the other room on CNN. Nice little promotion there.

#45 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:42 PM

Still out in the field. Sorry about the overlay.
Posted Image

#46 teevee smackdown

teevee smackdown

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:10 AM

I don't understand why CNN gives her no training. I've seen it with other young hires too.
Baldwin has potential, but in the field she's long and rambling and on the desk she's clearly just reading the words that appear on the teleprompter, like it's the first time she's seeing them. Spend some time with her and teach her about connecting with people!

#47 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:13 AM

I think there are a lot collegues on CNN/US AND CNN/I who could would mentor her,Jim Clancy for example,he mentored Zain,when she was young,and latter has already mentored a few other young journalists after that herself and there are loads of others if that isn't enough.Brooke only has to be willing,too and not to play "Diva" which I fear she does.
goursote

#48 stan

stan

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:37 PM

brook interviewed me nov 20th and she was
great. she made me very comfortable, i was
very nervous. when she puts on her game
face she is very profesional.
meeting her was great. she is also very
beautiful. thanks brook.

stan

#49 .DC

.DC

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

I saw her yesterday in one of those Fox News Extra segments. She filed a report on different kind of wines. Is she a freelancer?

#50 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:45 AM

I think so.
But she seems to appear more and more in TSR so perhaps that means she's becoming a regular soon.
And she isn't bad,quite professional well Wolf never takes the bad folks in.
But that doesn't make me like her more.I think she's a big iceberg.She never smiles nor laughs.I like even Kaushal better than her.

#51 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:53 AM

Posted Image

#52 Hoon Nee

Hoon Nee

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:38 AM

I am new here.I bumped into this site after watching her on CNNI today. She's hot. ;-)

#53 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

I'm pretty sure I heard Brooke on with T.J. this morning on CNN Sunday Morning. I can't be 100% sure, I was still half asleep.

#54 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:36 PM

World's Untold Stories, October...

Posted Image

#55 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:17 AM

She did a great job. I enjoyed the show.

#56 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:04 PM

She did World's Untold Stories?? :surprised: I was ignoring this threat cause I thought she was the entertainment correspondent, who does occassional reports on INTL and mainly on Showbiz Tonight, Isn't her name Brooke as well??

#57 AExAVF

AExAVF

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

She did World's Untold Stories?? :surprised: I was ignoring this threat cause I thought she was the entertainment correspondent, who does occassional reports on INTL and mainly on Showbiz Tonight, Isn't her name Brooke as well??

I think you're referring to Brooke Anderson.

--

This's the first time Brooke Baldwin has done a World's Untold Stories. I might try to watch the replay if I can.

Maybe it's just me, but I see her as one of the many underappreciated personalities on CNN. Though I managed to watch her on Situation Room as she filled in for Betty Nguyen, I think she's a better correspondent on the road. Don't get me wrong though, she is just as good as any anchor - only that she doesn't get much exposure until recently.

By the way, in case anyone's interested, she's on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/brookebcnn
"As an anchor Kate Bolduan has no equal; as a correspondent she has no known biases."
- lifted from the words of Victor Caroli as he describes Predaking in the files of Teletraan II.

#58 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:39 PM

I think you're referring to Brooke Anderson.

Yes. :Yes:

#59 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

It is allowed to change one's opinion and I have done that on Brooke, firstly watch her reporting from Patagonia and now Guatemala's subterranean Pyramids this is not the person i thought when she was anchoring back in 2008, this is someone with substance. Doesn't half look like Anrea Sanke too
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#60 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:43 AM

^^ It's funny how a couple of good reports can bring out a new side to someone. I wish ALL the anchors spent time out in the field. Anyone can read the teleprompter, I want to see them with their newscaps on out in the field for a few weeks every year. I don't think I've seen Brooke anchor, but I'd like to, if she ever gets the chance to fill in on a weekend.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users