I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#3 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

"Worth mentioning that EuroNews is being given a fairly serious overhaul at 7pm next Wednesday (June 4th) - a new logo (the channel's first in eight years) will be accompanied by a completely revised graphics (which are supposedly to be considerably more sophisticated than the current offering) and sound package, and a new interactive website. The channel's key strands (e.g. Economia, Europa, Le Mag) are also all to be renamed to as yet unknown titles."

#4 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:32 PM

Revamp is pretty good, music is fine, but I do not get the empty black bar on the bottom of the screen. Is it reserved for Breaking News?

#5 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

I switched over to EuroNews tonight to see what they have over there. It's interesting to get a truly European perspective, but the format of the channel is boring. Great graphics, though, in my opinion. Less is more.

Is this channel very popular in Europe? I think I read somewhere once that it gets better ratings in Europe than CNNI or the BBC. Is this true?

#6 zack10

zack10

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

I switched over to EuroNews tonight to see what they have over there. It's interesting to get a truly European perspective, but the format of the channel is boring. Great graphics, though, in my opinion. Less is more.

Is this channel very popular in Europe? I think I read somewhere once that it gets better ratings in Europe than CNNI or the BBC. Is this true?

As a cumulative base yes. They broadcast in several languages in french, german, spanish, russian, and others. BBC and CNN don't covered those other languages so that is why EuroNews viewership will be higher in europe as a hold. That is why those ratings don't really reflect the actually channel being watch.

You notice that when bbc/cnn are comparing each others they don't include Euro News/Sky News/BBC NEWS CHANNEL etc cause they have an unfair advantage in the surveys. They are basically home channels and not international channels.

#7 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

I'm not really sure if I like the format of the channel. Sure, it's simplistic, and I love the philosophy behind the graphics, but it irks me that the anchors and reporters don't appear on screen. I feel like there's an obligatory sense of accountability that anchors and reporters should convey by appearing on screen, even if it breaks the simplicity of a channel's format.

#8 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

wow... i didn't know that they do "no comment - live"
Attached File  Video_20091212_211210.jpg   59.06KB   108 downloads

#9 Jeffmister

Jeffmister

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:15 AM

wow... i didn't know that they do "no comment - live"

Yes, EuroNews does 'no comment - live' for live news events (like Obama's inauguration at the beginning of the year)

#10 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

I'm not really sure if I like the format of the channel. Sure, it's simplistic, and I love the philosophy behind the graphics, but it irks me that the anchors and reporters don't appear on screen. I feel like there's an obligatory sense of accountability that anchors and reporters should convey by appearing on screen, even if it breaks the simplicity of a channel's format.

The format is about to change. Sounds like a giant leap: We'll actually see some reporters!

http://www.nytimes.c...onews.html?_r=3

EDIT: BTW, I read somewhere (don't have the link anymore) that Chris Burns (remember him on CNN?) is joining Euronews as an anchor.

Edited by newser, 13 January 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#11 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Euronews is opening its permanent Washington desk in partnership with ABC News, according to Broadband TV News. I think the most interesting detail is that Christiane Amanpour will have a role, which sounds a bit awkward, given that Euronews and CNNI are competitors.

ABC News correspondents, experts and anchors, including ABC News Global Affairs Anchor Christiane Amanpour, will provide regular analysis of US politics and others news events exclusively for Euronews in a series of interviews and two-ways.

#12 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

When I read that Euronews was expanding to Washington, have to say, got excited. And when I kept reading and saw the Christiane part, was a bit surprised. Foreign channels are making it easier and easier to tune in - by the cable availability and the simple fact, you can get U.S. news without all the "talk."

#13 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

When I read that Euronews was expanding to Washington, have to say, got excited. And when I kept reading and saw the Christiane part, was a bit surprised. Foreign channels are making it easier and easier to tune in - by the cable availability and the simple fact, you can get U.S. news without all the "talk."

It's funny to compare, really. I study in the UK so watch alot of british news channels including CNNI and Al Jazeera and certainly agree that you get the US news without the 'talk'.
However I do notice that US network news (CBS Evening News, NBC Nightly, ABC World News etc) is more along the lines of british network news (i.e. ITV News, BBC News on BBC One etc), very news-focused.
The major difference is between the news channels - UK news channels and international news channels such as CNNI (albeit only to an extent now), and Al Jazeera are far more news focused whereas the US news channels are far more about talk, debate (often meaningless debate at that) and fluff. Talk, debate and features here tends to be limited to the Sunday morning politics shows and programmes such as the BBC's Daily Politics where it has more place. We certainly approach our politics in a very different way here to in the USA.
Regional News doesn't really work the same here as in the US and I haven't spent enough time in the US to be able to compare.

#14 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

The US gets its political/issue network talk shows on Sunday mornings. I watched This Week With David Brinkley on CBS for years. He was one of the great US anchors on Network News before that. Had a great talk show. Face the Nation was another. I can hear the music, but can't recall the channel And the third is ..

Even the network news used to be much more hard news. Not quite sure when the fluff started. I haven't watched US news in almost 7 years, so I don't know what it's up to.

The US doesn't really have regional news. The big city local stations which are network-owned or network affiliates show a combination or world, national & local news. Local news means the city & the state in which the station lives. The ones that are not associated with a network are really local. They can be big city or small city. If you're listening to a station from a small city in the middle of an agricultural area you'll get the Ag Report (the Agriculture Report) or if you're in Detroit you'll hear automobile news. It's a big country with a lot of regions and big cities.

#15 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Geez, I haven't watched network news in years either. For one, it's just not convenient with my work schedule and even if it was, doubt I would watch. Prefer to get the extended stories which I don't think lend themselves to a 30 minute broadcast.

But I also find myself watching less and less cable news. It's almost impossible to watch any progam without the political talk. The one show that I can think of that is the closest thing to straight news is the 1900 hour Shepard Smith show. Haven't watched it in awhile so don't know if it is the same format. But, it doesn't matter if it's a election year or not, all of the cable networks talk politics all day long, it truly is becoming unbearable.

It's just ridiclous that straight news has become a thing of the past.

#16 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Would anyone happen to know where I might be able to find a live stream of Euronews (in English, or possibly French)? They have a stream online, but I presume it's geoblocked in the U.S. because it never loads. I used to have Euronews streams, but none of them seem to work anymore. Are there any others out there?

#17 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

Would anyone happen to know where I might be able to find a live stream of Euronews (in English, or possibly French)? They have a stream online, but I presume it's geoblocked in the U.S. because it never loads. I used to have Euronews streams, but none of them seem to work anymore. Are there any others out there?

http://www.euronews....r_live_1_13.swf - is this blocked as well and never loads?

#18 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Yes, that's the stream I'm talking about. I also downloaded the official Euronews app for the iPad, and on there, it informs me that it's blocked in the U.S. when I try to watch it live on there. So I guess it's blocked everywhere in the U.S. Is anyone aware of any other streams that work?

#19 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yes, that's the stream I'm talking about. I also downloaded the official Euronews app for the iPad, and on there, it informs me that it's blocked in the U.S. when I try to watch it live on there. So I guess it's blocked everywhere in the U.S. Is anyone aware of any other streams that work?

Ugh. Sorry, cannot tell then which one is geo blocked : [

http://www.zahipedia...ws-live-online/ - how about this one?

#20 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

That one does work, but the audio is different. One time I tuned into it, I was hearing the weather forecast of a completely different channel. Now that I've tried it again, it's gone back to the Euronews audio, but it's the Spanish version.

I suppose I might give Livestation a try. They have Euronews for $2.99/month, and they have a bundle that includes AJE, Sky News, and France 24 for $5/month. Considering that the AJE free stream is going away soon too, I may have some value in that.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users