93 replies to this topic

#21 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, it actually does, That blue lighting under the projection wall finally matches something.

#22 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:49 AM

#23 nodefault

nodefault

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:38 AM

I recorded the intro to GPS earlier today in HD. If you guys would like to see it, the video is embedded below. To view the intro in its full HD quality, click here.

#24 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:35 AM

I know he's only a blogger, but I like the guy who writes ICN. He gave a high endorsement of GPS:

Fareed Zakaria GPS Ė The show you never watch. Iím putting this up here because the show is the best thing on cable or broadcast news. Period. Nothing else comes close. Week in and week out Zakaria delivers an in-depth, insightful, provocative program which, refreshingly, sheds all the negative aspects of cable news. Panelists discuss the issues without verbal attacks. Talking points are (mostly) not used. Even panelists who are light years apart on the issues are intellectually honest enough to concede a salient point the other side makes. Whenís the last time you can remember a show on the air like that? Youíd have to go back over a decade. I donít know if the show will last because it flies in the face of whatís going on with cable news today. So enjoy it while you can. If thereís one must-DVR show out there, this is it.

http://insidecablene... ... ot-101709/

I'll admit that I'm guilty of not watching this show, but only out of inconvenience. I'm usually doing other things on Sunday morning. GPS does have a podcast, though, so perhaps I should start watching it that way. Or maybe I should just DVR it. He's right, though--- it's a fantastic show.

#25 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

I take it that this same program will air on Domestic as well? It looks like it will be a highlight of GPS in 2009.

Have any of the Domestic viewers caught any promotion for it yet? This promo only started airing Friday on CNNI, but it looks like it's a Domestic production, apart from the end slide.

#26 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

Yes, that same promo has aired on Domestic recently. The only thing they changed was the end. Look at how sloppy of a cut they made to the time slide for the International version.

#27 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

Didn't see that show, but did see Terror in Mumbai on HBO hosted by him. If it was the same, it was excellent.

Caught some of GPS today, and the panel he introduced included the former Bush apologist Dan Senor. But they didn't mention he is married to Campbell Brown. Aren't they suppose to? They always make a thing about Rubin and Amanpour being married.

#28 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:37 PM

This show almost doesn't fit on CNN US. It's hard to think it is the same channel when you see something like Rick's List and then Fareed Zakaria, but I'm glad this show is still a strong fixture on CNN's schedule. Out of curiosity, are there any viewing figures available for this show?
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#29 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

It's decent. Check out TVNewser.

#30 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

Those figures only cover the repeat don't they?

#31 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

According to the press release for Candy's new job, GPS moves to 10am from next Sunday.

#32 jfv93

jfv93

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

I absolutely LOVE the new lineup:

"The new Sunday lineup will begin with State of the Union at 9 a.m., followed by Fareed Zakaria GPS at 10 a.m. and Reliable Sources at 11 a.m. An updated edition of State of the Union will air at noon followed by a replay of GPS at 1 p.m. CNNís Amanpour will air at 2 p.m. and replay at 5 p.m."

#33 AExAVF

AExAVF

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:02 AM

With that new lineup, I'm assuming that GPS will now be shown live on CNNI, right after SOTU.
"As an anchor Kate Bolduan has no equal; as a correspondent she has no known biases."
- lifted from the words of Victor Caroli as he describes Predaking in the files of Teletraan II.

#34 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:01 PM

That would mean moving or cutting a WR which currently airs at 10amET. Don't see why it can't continue in it's current CNNI slots (8am/4pmET) which are optimised so that all parts of the world get to see it. Moving the first airing of GPS later would mean it would be shown overnight or very late night in Australia/New Zealand

#35 AExAVF

AExAVF

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:45 AM

Only the CNN/US schedule gets the live airing at 10 am. No change insofar as CNNI is concerned, which means the 10 am show won't be simulcast live on CNNI.
"As an anchor Kate Bolduan has no equal; as a correspondent she has no known biases."
- lifted from the words of Victor Caroli as he describes Predaking in the files of Teletraan II.

#36 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:40 AM

I don't think GPS is usually live anyway. I never really notice the live bug when it is on.

#37 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

I think it is recorded because CNNI now airs it at 1300 GMT - an hour before the first hour SOTU. CNN US airs it after the first hour of SOTU from today.

#38 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:21 AM

I don't think the show usually airs live, so it was a nice change to see a live edition this past Sunday. It was like any other GPS, but it seemed to have a better flow. The hour was up before I knew it.

#39 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

Looks like this week is from London interviewing the new British Chancellor. Wonder if they will use the London studio again to record the opening/closing bits, as they did last year when Fareed interviewed the then British Foreign Secretary

#40 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:54 AM

It looked really good from the London set last year.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users