383 replies to this topic

#41 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

First time seeing her anchor today. She's on World News Asia and is fantastic. Sorry to the Anna fans, but there's no comparison and I think Pauline should be made permanent host of the last two hours of CNN Today Hong Kong.

Pauline is confident and has a natural style of presenting. I'm glad I actually saw her today.

#42 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

I think they should go back to co-anchoring in HK.

I know they have no male anchors but why not let 2 women co-anchor,-I at least wouldn't mind.Why has it always to be a man & a woman?

#43 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

They should do that format since Andrew is the only guy there.

What will it be...

Kristie and Anna
Anjali and Pauline
Manisha and Kristie
Anna and Anjali
Pauline and Manisha
Andrew and any one of them

I could go on and on, but I thought Pauline did well.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#44 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

Did anybody grab a cap or two, by any chance?

#45 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

Tonight was the first time I could catch World News Asia this week. I like Pauline a lot... but I prefer Anjali on World News Asia. That's Anjali's show as far as I'm concerned. I just hope her absence is due to filming for Talk Asia.

Nonetheless, it's in good hands if Pauline is just keep the seat warm.

(click to enlarge)

#46 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:15 PM

She's not bad. But not great.

I like all the HK anchors over her and would rather see Manisha fill in for Anjali. I don't have anything against her, I just think she is a bit too domestic for me. Not the worst though, as Morpy said just somone to keep the seat warm, noting special or great. Good but not great.

To the comment above, that they would rather see Pauline to the second hour of CNN Today to Anna- I disagree. I think Anna has a great on air presense and has really proved herself.

These are just my views anyway.

#47 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

"Prior to joining CNN, she worked as ... a morning news anchor for the NBC station in Houston, Texas."

And they haven't been the same since she left.

#48 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

What was she like in Houston, Houston?

#49 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:27 AM

Looks like Pauline is in for Anna on CNN Today as Anna is visiting her family in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, or wherever in Australia she's from.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#50 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:37 AM

I'm all over the place this afternoon. I'm supposed to be working on a report, but I managed to take a quick cap while I got up to make a coffee.

(click to enlarge)

I didn't mean to take one of Pauline being so serious, but I think she looks pretty. :oops:

#51 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:18 AM

^^^

It looks like someone ripped out the cloth in that screen and went to town with a Sharpie...

#52 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:48 AM

What was she like in Houston, Houston?

She was serious with the news but had that warm and fuzzy that's expected at 5 or 6 in the morning.
Pleasant - nice laugh as I remember - it was five six years ago?

#53 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:31 AM

Bland is the Mini-Me of Boring

and quite frankly that's how I find Pauline to be, probably prefer her to Anna though.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#54 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:25 AM

^^ That's extremely unfair. Dunno what people are supposed to do half the time. If they're not talking about nail polish, fashion or what food they like, what they're gonna do at their summer home or some shit like that they're considered "boring". Whatever.

#55 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:03 AM

^^ That's extremely unfair. Dunno what people are supposed to do half the time. If they're not talking about nail polish, fashion or what food they like, what they're gonna do at their summer home or some shit like that they're considered "boring". Whatever.

Unfair, maybe, extremely unfair no way! you clearly understand bland to be a wholly negative word but if you look it up you might see also see

non irritating
pleasantly agreeable

Anyway this could be a good opportunity for my enemies on the forum to come out and agree with you.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#56 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:11 AM

Give her a chance, will you? She might not have LuStout's 'dentistry' backgrounds ;-) ; or Rao's comfy personality, but i think she has been one of the few good newcomers, and has a very impressive background. So, lets just see...

#57 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:04 AM

That's extremely unfair. Dunno what people are supposed to do half the time. If they're not talking about nail polish, fashion or what food they like, what they're gonna do at their summer home or some shit like that they're considered "boring". Whatever.

I like Pauline, absolutely, but boring world, boring discussion forum if everyone followed the same people so closely.

Unfair, maybe, extremely unfair no way! you clearly understand bland to be a wholly negative word but if you look it up you might see also see

non irritating
pleasantly agreeable

Anyway this could be a good opportunity for my enemies on the forum to come out and agree with you.

I wouldn't consider myself an enemy, but I disagree - and people would already know that from my previous posts about Pauline.

#58 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

I'm all over the place this afternoon. I'm supposed to be working on a report, but I managed to take a quick cap while I got up to make a coffee.

(click to enlarge)

I didn't mean to take one of Pauline being so serious, but I think she looks pretty. :oops:

i like her smiled today. she seems down to earth and frendly but i wish she was on a better time for me :-(
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#59 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:17 AM

Pauline is not my favourite Hong Kong anchor (yet) but she's def. not my least favourite anchor from that city! Pauline falls a couple of clicks above the middle in terms of my likeability scale. :D

#60 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:51 AM

Add Guillermo in Pauline's corner. He seems very pleased that she can pronounce his name correctly.

It seems that the level of "fun" interaction seems to be more apparent today. Guillermo and Pauline could make a powerful pair.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users