Anna Coren

1181 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:55 AM

Australian tabloid hack has joined CNN in Hong Kong.

http://www.tvtonight...ay-tonight.html

Caps here: http://www.mediaspy....ndpost&p=479043

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:18 AM

She's replacing Kristie Lu Stout who is due in early November. I can't wait to watch Anna on CNN she is a wonderful anchor and I believe she will be a great addition to the team.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

Indeed she looks very good looking, but where does that put Kaushal Patel then unless it means, Shakunala Sansrithan has left the network too???

#4 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:20 AM

Australian tabloid hack has joined CNN in Hong Kong.

I think hack is too harsh a word. Before Anna started hosting Today Tonight she was a rather competent reporter. I don't think her current gig down here screams "credible journalist" - but I don't blame her, we've all got to work. Nobody outside Australia will really know anything of her past gigs or controversies (unless they Google or hit up YouTube), so heading overseas to an international broadcaster will be like a clean slate for Anna.

I have to admit that I am really surprised to hear this news. It was as recently as the beginning of this month that we heard that Anna had flipped off the idea of moving to CNN after she was reportedly only offered weekend duties in Atlanta.

Personally, I think Anna is an ordinary anchor (from what we've seen her do in the past). With the right co-anchor, I think she'd do ok. Unfortunately, CNNI seems to be trying to move away from co-anchored bulletins and two hours of Anna on CNN Today (if she does indeed end up doing that) might be a bit too much to bear for most people. Again, I'm only basing that opinion on what I've seen Anna do so far. Perhaps a rolling news format is right up Anna's street... Time will tell.

Finally, I have no doubt that Anna is a good journalist - she was before she started hosting Today Tonight.

#5 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:25 PM

I think this is good, CNN HK needs more anchors , especially to fill in for Anjali now that Andrew is doing WBT. We will see what will her role be, I don't think she will be filling in for Kristie couse she should be back at the start of the next year I guess.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#6 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:52 PM

She’s due to begin in December.

December isn't October hehe! If this is true, she won't replace Kristie.

#7 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

Here's a clip of her final episode of Today Tonight, as well as highlights of her presenting:

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=mPOS79UZuMc

I'm looking forward to seeing her on CNN.

#8 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

Coren: “I know I embarrased Seven”

Former Today Tonight host Anna Coren starts at CNN in Hong Kong today, but not on air.

“I’ll be shadowing and observing for a while and honestly I don’t know when I’ll be on air or if, in fact, I’ll be on camera before Christmas,” she told the Daily Telegraph.

“The bosses here have decided they aren’t going to throw me in. CNN has a policy to that effect. They are big on having you well and truly versed in the CNN ways before you start.”

Coren has also spoken about her exit, and the reports that she was auditioning for CNN while still with Seven -a risky move for someone of her profile.

“I know that I embarrassed (Seven boss) David Leckie and (news boss) Peter Meakin,” she said.

“That was not my intention. I had already indicated to them that I was not interested in re-signing my Seven contract and was looking around at other opportunities. But I got caught out.

“Hours after I’d conducted my interview for CNN in Atlanta, Seven in Sydney was on the phone. They’d heard about it. I’d rather not say what was said to me at the time, but Peter Meakin and I have never had a problem.”

www.tvtonight.com.au

#9 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:12 AM

Anna has been on air for about 12 minutes it would be unfair to judge her on such scant evidence so I won't.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#10 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

She is going rather well, shame about what she is wearing.
She looks like a fridge with those shoulder pads.

#11 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:24 AM

Some quick caps. Rosemary anchored the first 2 hours of CNN Today from Atlanta. Anna is hosting the third and final hour of the Asian morning edition of CNN Today from Hong Kong.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:34 AM

Thanks Morpium!
Did you see when she stuffed up during the cross to weather?

#13 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:37 AM

Thanks Morpium!
Did you see when she stuffed up during the cross to weather?

Oh yes! I had just stopped recording about 4 seconds before though! :(

She was clearly embarrassed - her face went red, but Guillermo was the perfect gentleman and had a bit of fun by adding something like "that's why I'm here - to trick people with my name". :lol:

#14 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:04 AM

Here are my caps. I didn't get to watch her too long, but she seems to be pretty good, and I love her voice:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
They ended the show with a strange panorama of the studio- they panned from the control room to the newsdesk.

#15 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:06 AM

Great caps, Charles. I tried to get a couple of Anna smiling but I couldn't get it just right.

#16 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:21 AM

Thanks for the caps.
Can I just say Anna has fitted very well into CNN. She really captures the vibe of the whole channel.

#17 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:15 AM

Anna is back on today :)

She should have done the early and longer shift of CNN Today HK and leave Pauline to do whatever.

#18 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:48 AM

Still havent seen her couse her slot is in the middle of the night here. Hope she does WNA once.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#19 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

You are in luck ginnyfan, Anna is on at the moment!

#20 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:42 PM

I'm watching and she's good, will post caps later. :wink:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users