1181 replies to this topic

#21 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:09 PM

I was just able to see her a little during my lunch break, but I liked her style...so far. :mrgreen:
Posted Image

#22 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

ok, till now, I dont see her anyway close to her much-hyped status. I dont like the way she speaks out the news...

#23 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:01 PM

ok, till now, I dont see her anyway close to her much-hyped status. I dont like the way she speaks out the news...

Maybe people are comparing her to Kaushal? : )

#24 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:31 PM

today she wears very sexy clothes.
I like her style 8)

"And here we see the majestic B-52. Look closely when her little babies now take their first step into adulthood. They carefully leave the warmth of her mothers belly and set foot into the wild. Silently they fly towards their new home and lodge themselves into the ground and bringing some motherfu**in freedom to anyone in need. The B-52 is now ready to mate again and soon another batch of little bomblings will spawn from its womb to continue the never ending cycle of freedom and democracy."
Keksmonster0991

#25 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:26 PM

Maybe people are comparing her to Kaushal? : )

She is much better, and professional than Kaushal though.

#26 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:05 PM

Yesterday

Posted Image
Posted Image
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#27 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:49 AM

Yesterday

Posted Image
Posted Image

thx so much for these caps 8)
i meant exactly this sexy outfit :mrgreen:

"And here we see the majestic B-52. Look closely when her little babies now take their first step into adulthood. They carefully leave the warmth of her mothers belly and set foot into the wild. Silently they fly towards their new home and lodge themselves into the ground and bringing some motherfu**in freedom to anyone in need. The B-52 is now ready to mate again and soon another batch of little bomblings will spawn from its womb to continue the never ending cycle of freedom and democracy."
Keksmonster0991

#28 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:34 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Uploaded with ShellUploader.

Keksmonster0991

#29 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:22 AM

And I was wondering why her voice reminds me that of Rosemary Church. It's the Australian accent of course! I love it.

#30 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:56 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Uploaded with ShellUploader.

Keksmonster0991

#31 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:52 AM

Anna is one of those CNNers who I probably won't become a big fan of like say Hala, KLS, Anjali, Asieh etc but I can't see any reason to be negative on her either. No Known Negatives On Anna but then again I'm assuming an award winning anchoress called Kristie Lu is still gonna be the CNN Today HK top gal.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#32 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:41 AM

^^^

I don't understand where Anna fits into the HK bureau. It seems like Pauline is filling in for Kristie Lu, and that Manisha has taken Shakunthala's old role, but who know what Anna is intended to do. Perhaps she will be Hugh's replacement. Who knows.

#33 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:20 PM

Anna presented the first block of WNA from the newsroom Monday evening.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anna needs to present the news standing up all the time I think. She seemed to be more comfortable and had that extra little *spark* about her during that first block.

#34 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

Anna needs to learn how to pronounce the names of her colleges.
It's not MONISHA Rajpal. :roll: :-? 8-)
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#35 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

I thinks that's just how she talks Ginnyfan.

#36 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

I don't like the way she speaks one bit. Although her's is very similar as Rosmary's; Rosie has a certain charm in her voice.

#37 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

Yes Anna has not a fine voice but it's a lot better than Isha and Fionnuala's, voice is important and none can measure up to Anjali Rao's, well I suppose Nkepile Mabuso's could if she were an anchoress.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#38 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:05 AM

I think Anna´s having a fierce fight with her accent since she arrived.
She needs time to win this and I think already got forward-eh closer to winning it,but it needs time.
And compared to Rosemary-Rosemary has won this battle long ago,so she´s aleady there where Anna wants to be and will be-just give her some time because this battle takes some time.

#39 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:11 AM

^^^

What is this 'battle' you speak of? To attain an American accent? English accent?

#40 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:15 AM

I think Anna´s having a fierce fight with her accent since she arrived.
She needs time to win this and I think already got forward-eh closer to winning it,but it needs time.
And compared to Rosemary-Rosemary has won this battle long ago,so she´s aleady there where Anna wants to be and will be-just give her some time because this battle takes some time.

I don't think it's anything to do with her accent.

I do find that Anna sounds like she is reading a lot of the time but it's just from concentrating too much on enunciating every word correctly - I've been there, done that. I think she just needs to relax a bit more and not be afraid to make a mistake.

I know how hard it is to sound natural when you're reading a script, but it can be done with a little practice.

EDIT: After watching Anna for the full hour today, I think she has improved since when she first started at CNN.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users