317 replies to this topic

#1 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:22 AM

I flicked over to CNNI earlier this afternoon and saw Errol was doing the headlines. I can't offer a proper assessment of his performance - I only stuck around for about a minute - but I thought that:

a) every other regular CNNI anchor was unavailable
B) this was one fast promotion from i-Report correspondent to anchor.

#2 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

Yes, he did CNN Today weekend last night and IMO he was very good. He looked like he has been anchoring for years, no mistakes.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#3 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:22 AM

Also I think it's nice to have an anchor of colour, especally since Isha isn't anchoring anymore.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#4 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

Have seen him only once before; I found some sort of innocence in him while talking, plus the british accent;

#5 zack10

zack10

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:46 PM

I think it is nice he is anchoring. You don't see black males anchoring the news on International Channels. Except Darren Jordan from Al J. I am shock it took CNNI this long after all these years. So it is a good thing that he's anchoring. He looks sharp. He should leave that stupid I report thing.

Have anyone seen Juliette Foster(formely Skynews) on BBC WORLD I love her business programs. She really knows her stuff and there is so much energy when she presents the business news. She put a different spin on business news normally done by white males.

#6 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

I don't care if he's new to anchoring, the thing is he's good and I think they should replace one of those dreary anchors on the weekend for him.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

I think it is nice he is anchoring. You don't see black males anchoring the news on International Channels. Except Darren Jordan from Al J. I am shock it took CNNI this long after all these years. So it is a good thing that he's anchoring. He looks sharp. He should leave that stupid I report thing.

So Anand Naidoo was yellow...

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

I can't stand his "girly" voice

#9 zack10

zack10

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

I wasn't familiar with his turner at CNN. He left two years ago I guess, so its been a while.

#10 zack10

zack10

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

I can't stand his "girly" voice

So what are u trying to say :?: :roll:

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:11 AM

I mean it is high and soft, not anything else - I turn the station when he is on

#12 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:34 AM

I have yet to see him. He sounds rather good from what I hear. Is there a slot he's normally on?

#13 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:42 AM

Anand is Indian; and just out of curiosity, are these races (Indo-Iranian/Arabic) called brown in the west?

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:58 AM

I mean it is high and soft, not anything else - I turn the station when he is on

When it comes to irritating voice,I can make a long list of anchors who have got irritating voice:Atika S.,Fred P.,Richard Q,Matthew C...

#15 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

Anand is Indian; and just out of curiosity, are these races (Indo-Iranian/Arabic) called brown in the west?

In the U.S. brown refers to Hispanics. "Yellow" is a racist term for Asian.

I can't believe he anchored. Shouldn't he be a reporter before he is an anchor? How about a couple of months in Iraq like Jim and that other anchor?

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

Iraq is not for everyone... and it shouldn't be...

#17 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

I like him and I'm really looking forward to see him more often. He's handsome and appealing. His voice is fine. I really don't understand the criticism some of you pointed out. He is not as experienced as for example Jim Clancy regarding international issues, but hey let's face it: Errol is 30+ years younger than Jim. According to his profile on CNN.com he has enjoyed an impressive education and finished it with a degree in international relations. That's definitely quite a qualification someone can build on... Whether you like the i-report segments on CNNI or not, you have to admit that he is quite a good presenter.

#18 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:28 AM

Is it just me, or does this guy look alot like Don Lemon?

#19 Guest_Tito_*

Guest_Tito_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:09 PM

He was good on the I-Report thing and he is also really good now.....climbling the ladder pretty fast as well....He should just keep up the good work :wink: and yeah Alex he sure is a good presenter :)

#20 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

Am I the only one who finds Errol cute? :oops: He's got such a striking smile! Loved how he chuckled while talking to Hala during his Star Trek report minutes ago... :lol:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users