419 replies to this topic

#221 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:04 AM

Yes Finn has hosted BS before a pic of her from a few months ago is in her thread.

#222 Dabir

Dabir

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:13 AM

Very nice to see Back Story devote so much time to Dan's reporting from the Ivory Coast on yesterday's show. Well done BS team (and Dan too).

#223 Hamil

Hamil

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

The picture quality of Best of BackStory is again quite below normal. The graphics are a little blurry and the vision looks like it's been downloaded from youtube in parts. You can see just how blurry the graphics are when they have the flipper on at the bottom.

#224 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:50 AM

BS moving on from EPIC? The team posted a couple of pictures of rehearsals on a new set up. In response to a question on facebook about when it will be on air, they posted: "We're hearing early July so maybe August (har har)".

Testing the new set for Back|Story. We're really impressed, hope you are too

Twitter

Posted Image

Another set location idea, what do you think?

Twitter

Posted Image

#225 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:43 AM

That sounds rather exciting. The location in that first picture would probably be a nice backdrop. Domestic has used that location for Brooke Baldwin's teases as well as weekend morning interviews before Studio 7 was built. I do like watching all the screens behind Michael in the current "set", though.

#226 Dabir

Dabir

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

The new set location looks quite nice. I can't wait to see it on air. Hat tip to Morph for the new Back Story promo:

#227 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

Love love LOVE!!!!! Can't wait for the revamp.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#228 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

... and I was just coming to this thread to say it's about time they change the set.:lol:

The current set looks very dated, like a newsroom from the 90s, too dark and old. Looking farward to the change.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#229 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:10 AM

... and I was just coming to this thread to say it's about time they change the set.:lol:

The current set looks very dated, like a newsroom from the 90s, too dark and old. Looking farward to the change.

I read your article first and though they were going to revamp the current set. Damnit so much for getting the hopes high for 2 seconds. ^^
Anyway, looking forward to the new change.

And that new promo is great. Way better than the "I love BS because.." one.

#230 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

Does anyone else think Back Story will get new opening titles when they move to their new set? It's one of the few shows not to have had a revamp since it launched.

#231 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

The new promo is good, but I've heard that music used in a few different news promos before.
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#232 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

I can't wait for the new set as well. I agree that the current setup is a little dark at times, and just looking at those pictures you can see that things will look much brighter.

#233 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

According to the Back Story home page http://backstory.blogs.cnn.com/ the show airs at midnight CET, or 2200 GMT. But live airing time is 2300 CET (2100 GMT). Hopefully one of the responsible folks will see this message, and correct the info.

#234 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

2200GMT is correct in the Northern Hemisphere winter. Guess they haven't updated it for Summer

#235 ukjds

ukjds

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

According to the Back Story home page http://backstory.blogs.cnn.com/ the show airs at midnight CET, or 2200 GMT. But live airing time is 2300 CET (2100 GMT). Hopefully one of the responsible folks will see this message, and correct the info.

BackStory airs at 2200 GMT/2300 CET in the winter and at 2200 BST/2300 CEST in the summer. I think CNN use GMT to refer to the time in London, rather than the actual GMT time.
Be sure to check out my YouTube channel for presentation from AJE, the BBC and CNN. Updated: 12th September.

#236 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

2200GMT is correct in the Northern Hemisphere winter. Guess they haven't updated it for Summer

Yeah the CNN TV schedule on their site is incorrect in the Asia Pacific region as well with Sydney out by an hour. I think it has to do with the fact that Hong Kong and Japan don't observe daylight savings.

Edited by garh, 05 July 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#237 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

There are many possible reasons, but I have always wondered why things like this seems to be so difficult for CNN. I remember, back in the 90-ies, they had problems with the airing time mentioned in the on-air promos as time changed by seasons. Now it's the web schedule and info on programme pages. If they think GMT = London time all year, they really have a problem :-) It should be the easiest thing in the world, for a global network, to inform the global audience about correct airing time. Only Asia web site can be trusted.

#238 Samson

Samson

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

Does anyone know if they are still planning to change sets this month?

#239 Hamil

Hamil

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

Perhaps it's just me, but it feels like the picture quality (especially the graphics) on the Best of Back Story replay is getting worse each weekend. I'm really surprised someone at CNNI hasn't noticed it. Surely it would be fixed if they knew about it?

#240 Dabir

Dabir

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:54 AM

@ Samson - I remember they said "early July". I guess it is anyone's guess though. I've been keeping an eye on the BS facebook page to see if they were giving any more info away.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users