209 replies to this topic

#201 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:30 AM

The picture of Quest Means Business from the old set looks better than the new set to me. It is nice, and it is different.

#202 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:40 PM

The picture of Quest Means Business from the old set looks better than the new set to me. It is nice, and it is different.

I agree with you on that. The new set does look nice though. I like the desk the most.

I think the big screen needs framing so it looks like part of the set.

I still don't know why they have got rid of the live shots of Abu Dhabi.

#203 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:08 PM

Just looking at some pictures they have put up on Facebook, I think they have settled on the right colours/ backdrop. Compared to a few rehearsal pictures, the final choices of background and colour is the best.

Also interesting that a few pictures show they was rehearsing with the old graphics and logo.

https://www.facebook...38356561&type=3

Edited by Jordy, 22 April 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#204 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:16 PM

New studio? They put up a few panels to make a wall, bought a desk and slapped a screen on it and then put a big screen TV on a stand behind the desk.

I could have done that in my living room! It's boring. Why couldn't they have included some elements of the newsroom?

#205 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:35 PM

New studio? They put up a few panels to make a wall, bought a desk and slapped a screen on it and then put a big screen TV on a stand behind the desk.
I could have done that in my living room! It's boring. Why couldn't they have included some elements of the newsroom?

Why do we need the newsroom? It's so cliche, and I am glad CTW had moved away from it. A newsroom is okay for generic newscasts, but not a show like CTW.

#206 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:13 PM

Cliché maybe but they could have worked with what they had instead of creating a claustrophobic corner with a TV!

From now on, it will be just the anchor in front of a TV... Even a bigger screen/wall would have made all the difference or they could have stuck the Screen on the wall for crying out loud instead of rolling it in on a stand!

#207 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

Cliché maybe but they could have worked with what they had instead of creating a claustrophobic corner with a TV!
From now on, it will be just the anchor in front of a TV... Even a bigger screen/wall would have made all the difference or they could have stuck the Screen on the wall for crying out loud instead of rolling it in on a stand!

I agree regarding the screen. Trouble is, how would they hang it on the wall, seeing as the wall itself is a screen. They should have put a border around it, similar to the screens in LA. Either way, it doesn't look bad to me.

I personally like the studio setup, it takes me back to when CTW first aired in AD before it's eventual move. I just wished they kept the live cams for the breaks and intro.

#208 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:19 PM

They was just using a moving animation on the big LED walls. Looked really good.

#209 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:19 PM

I think I miss the old style Abu Dhabi studio. While the new one is nice enough, Becky might aswell just be in a flash set. The old studio was 360 degrees and had multiple presentation points, including the terrace, and the studio and newsroom looked nice and all matched.

Now it's just basically two walls with a tv screen rolled on.

It's lost it's uniqueness and feeling of being in the Middle East.

#210 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:21 AM

Quest Means Business was in Abu Dhabi last night, and will be again today. So CNN Abu Dhabi will be giving us live programming in the early hours of Saturday morning!!

Also Becky also did CTW from AD as usual.

I think I've also changed my mind regarding the studio. I do love it, it's bright snd vibrant, and the backdrop behind Becky is pretty amazing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users