653 replies to this topic

#21 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:04 PM

Nice lady, I think she is next to Lola and Jenifer the top weather girls on CNNi.

Hope it will not rain men..... :lol:

Oh yes and the man front - hope it does rain men with a spunky replacement for Martyn Genes!!!

#22 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:33 AM

I guess she's hired.
http://edition.cnn.c...o.jennifer.html

#23 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:16 AM

I guess she's hired.
http://edition.cnn.c...o.jennifer.html

Well well well, it must have been just put in the last day or two as i had checked the weather presenters early this week. Guess Martyn and Bonny either gone or causel/freeliance. About time she was in the lineup though!!

#24 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

Nice lady, I think she is next to Lola and Jenifer the top weather girls on CNNi.

Hope it will not rain men..... :lol:

Yeah she is up there, Jenny is my fav though then Lola and then Jeniffer, see she is a Metrologist like Bonnie(very American that they have them as presenters!!) Saw on 1st hour of CNN Today UK(well last hour of HKG, use to be first hour of London) that presenter Anna said "Metroligist Jeniffer Delgado is here with the Weather"

ya, i've been thinking the same thing; why aren't other weather presenters called meterologists???(i presume they have to be to get the job)

#25 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

No they don't, just look at their bios on cnn.com.
I think only Jennifer and Bonnie are real meteorologists and that's why they call them like that.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#26 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:19 AM

No they don't, just look at their bios on cnn.com.
I think only Jennifer and Bonnie are real meteorologists and that's why they call them like that.

Hey is it me or is Jennifer now speaking a little different from how she usually speaks. I caught CNN Today 0500 GMT and she sounded she was speaking Canadian or similar. The accent was def alot broader than she usually speaks

#27 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:55 AM

I don't know, I could never tell Canadian accent, it sounds the same as American to me.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#28 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

I don't know, I could never tell Canadian accent, it sounds the same as American to me.

Longer vowel sounds, more drawn out 'o' and 'ou' sounds, using the phrase 'eh', etc. About sometimes becomes "aboot" with Canadians, or house become "hoose", and other things like that. Colleen speaks with a Canadian accent. Jon Mann does a little bit, too. Monita doesn't really, but she uses the word 'eh' a lot. Hala sounds Canadian sometimes to me, too, but I think she's more of a mix of several accents.

However, I don't think Jennifer speaks with a Canadian accent. At the very most, I would say that she speaks with a midwestern American accent, which is similar, but not quite the same thing. She used to live in St. Louis, which might explain why.

#29 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:28 AM

Longer vowel sounds, more drawn out 'o' and 'ou' sounds, using the phrase 'eh', etc. About sometimes becomes "aboot" with Canadians, or house become "hoose", and other things like that. Colleen speaks with a Canadian accent. Jon Mann does a little bit, too. Monita doesn't really, but she uses the word 'eh' a lot. Hala sounds Canadian sometimes to me, too, but I think she's more of a mix of several accents.

However, I don't think Jennifer speaks with a Canadian accent. At the very most, I would say that she speaks with a midwestern American accent, which is similar, but not quite the same thing. She used to live in St. Louis, which might explain why.

Hey thanks for the replies, I grabbed the Canadian accent as I always get it wrong and offend some American or Canadian in the process, she tonight though def sounded dif. Maybe now she is permanent CNN staff she has resorted back to how her accent really is!!!!

Oh footnote - I didn't get a chance to see any further CNN today shows with her in it so will have to watch her again in the weekend as Jenny back tomorrow

#30 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

I would say that her accent is typical of St. Louis. It's someone midwestern and wholesome-sounding, but it's definitely close under the wing of an American accent.

#31 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

Great to have Jenn on CNN Toda HK this gal has the capacity to be a female Guillermo and there's no higher compliment than that.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#32 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:38 PM

Great to have Jenn on CNN Toda HK this gal has the capacity to be a female Guillermo and there's no higher compliment than that.

Ahhhh, I won't bother watching now, why can't they put on Lola or even bring back Mari. Sorry find her accent soooo painful. Even Bonny would be better - though just!!!!!

#33 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

Donīt mind her accent garh-thatīs a little unfair :-(

Itīs her spirit what is important :D

#34 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

Donīt mind her accent garh-thatīs very unfair :-(

Itīs her spirit what is important :D

True about her spirit and she has a nice peronality. I am sure she is talking different twang to when she she first appeared freelance. Anyway I am sorry I find her hard to listen too and that is that!!!

#35 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

Sorry garh,I didnīt want to be mean,or insult you in any form,so please donīt be angry.I will change it into a bit,okey?
I hope itīs better now :-)

#36 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:23 AM

Sorry garh,I didnīt want to be mean,or insult you in any form,so please donīt be angry.I will change it into a bit,okey?
I hope itīs better now :-)

Hey there, no worries you haven't insulted me and I am not angry. just find Jennifer a tad painful at times with her accent

#37 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:40 AM

All right :D

#38 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:01 AM

Posted Image
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#39 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

Hopefully the female Guillermo is still on duty when I get back in 4 hours.
Posted Image
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#40 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

Great caps, love her style.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users