5473 replies to this topic

#3321 Cee

Cee

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

They are going to regret this one. Hala's one of the most popular anchors on CNNI. I'd probably still watch, but DEFINITELY not as often, if it wasn't for her.

#3322 hound815

hound815

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:33 AM

I can say one thing about tghis decesion: Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

And I thought just CNN US making stupid things...Poor Hala!

#3323 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:11 AM

I sense a lot of favoritism on these forums. Where was all the rioting when CNN fired Miles O'Brien? Her slot is shortened by 30 minutes. I'm sure she'll survive.

#3324 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:17 AM

They're cutting back Hala's IDESK in favor of a one-hour Prism? (excuse the language) HELL NO!!!! If you're gonna expand Prism to an hour, have it start at 11:30am EST, keep the canned programming at 12:30pm EST, and keep IDESK an hour at 1pm EST (which means losing the 11:30am EST World Sport), but no, they did this. Poor Hala. I think we all feel as gutted as she is.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#3325 wednesday yeska

wednesday yeska

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

Make W1 a half an hour slot,it's basically world report. And it did ok when it was half an hour.

#3326 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

OK guys. It is time for the masses to rise up and tell the village idiots at CNN exactly how we feel about this, altho I'm not really sure any of them actually know how to read. We have 700+ members and tons of guests. If everyone who is an I-Desk or Hala fan takes 5 minutes to fill out the "Let us hear from you" form that CNN supplies - maybe, just maybe we can get someone's attention. I know I'll feel better letting them know,POLITELY, what a**holes and total screwups management is to pull this stunningly stupid move. The Link: CNN Feedback

Done. I certainly conveyed them a piece of my mind.
How about utilizing CNNfan's as well as IDESK's twitter or facebook account to write to them. I highly doubt if they will ever take that CNN Feedback page seriously.

Edited by Junk Junk., 12 November 2010 - 02:21 PM.

#3327 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

It's true, Hala confirmed it to me on Twitter, she seems gutted too.:vomit:

I've seen her tweets. Making it rather clear what she thinks. Most of use agree with her, but will the bosses appreciate her making her views known rather publically?

#3328 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:46 PM

I'm glad she's not acting as everything's fine.

The best way to get our opinion across is on the IDesk Facebook page, I just did it and will do again, let's all do it please.

Edited by ginnyfan, 12 November 2010 - 02:26 PM.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#3329 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

I'm glad she's not acting as everything's fine.

The best way to get our opinion accros is on the IDesk Facebook page, I just did it and will do again, let's all do it please.

I think she deleted what she wrote(?)

#3330 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

If you mean what she wrote on her page (I appreciate all the nice messages about Idesk. Thanks everyone) it's still there.:Yes:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#3331 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

Ok, (someone) wrote in the facebook page that this decision is because of "low viewers". Is it? Seriously? Does CNNi even care about ratings and audience?

#3332 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

Ok, (someone) wrote in the facebook page that this decision is because of "low viewers". Is it? Seriously? Does CNNi even care about ratings and audience?

I-Desk has lack of viwers? I doubt it. I believe that Man sail, Living Golf don't have much viewers, like other shows on CNNI, but they keep going like a rock. CNN is becoming a canned channel filled with different recorded shows but little time for real & live news.
I think all this changes have to do with money. Advertisers & sponsors are taking control of CNN that what is happening. And they don't care of viewers or have any respect for anchor or reporters. Its all about the money not about the news.

Edited by Thot, 12 November 2010 - 03:12 PM.

Posted Image

#3333 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:19 PM

It's not the viewers issue, CNNI can't even measure their viewers since they don't air only in one country.

As Thot said it's all about the sponsors and money, they had to find a new slot for a canned show and IDesk is the victim.:censored: :mad:

#3334 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

Please join the Facebook support page - Save Hala Gorani's Idesk

http://www.facebook....?created&v=wall

Edited by ginnyfan, 12 November 2010 - 04:18 PM.

#3335 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

I'm not sure what "NewsTime" is, but other than screwing up where Hala is from (ok, maybe the serious force too - I don't know), I like his comment in an article about various stations:

"CNN, the once American icon, has literally spread its wings to become a serious force in global news and entertainment. Just one face stands out on this channel, that of Hala Gorani.She anchors the International News desk and this lady from Damascus certainly knows how to hold it all together, both visually and verbally."

Verbal Designers or Talking Heads

#3336 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

I think she deleted what she wrote(?)

Her tweets about IDesk are indeed gone now.

#3337 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

There is a very important question about this "I-Desk becomes a 30 minute show": did Hala knew about this decision when she went to Abu Dhabi, or she found it out when she was there already?
If she was informed about it while she was in Abu Dhabi,that means CNN has no ethics and respect for the people who work for them.

I find strange that this I-Desk cut, happened right when Hala was away from CNN Center. It would have made more sense if CNN had informed the viewers before she went to Abu Dhabi (it's a sign of respect). That saying CNN should have informed the viewers long before. Strange there weren't big CNN advertises about these changes. Very strange...

Edited by Thot, 13 November 2010 - 03:26 PM.

Posted Image

#3338 jualexandria

jualexandria

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

I can't believe this is happening! Don't they realised that the I-Desk is one the most popular shows ever? And Hala one of the most popular anchors? This forum is the perfect example of it. 167 pages just about her.

CNN is crazy? I'd like to know who's the idiot that made that decision.

#3339 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:39 PM

Another strange fact: I-Desk was introduced as a news show presented by Hala. Then CNN decided about a second I-Desk,hosted by Isha, who rarely hosts it. Why cut the original I-Desk and leave the second created unchanged?

Edited by Thot, 13 November 2010 - 04:01 PM.

Posted Image

#3340 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

.. yes indeed, many strange things about this.:mad:

I have a feeling Hala learned about this when she was in Abu Dhabi.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users