Amanpour.

484 replies to this topic

#21 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

No, they have different times - Living Golf is listed for 15:00.
Anyway, it's South Africa time.

#22 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

Amanpour, Blitzer and Anderson all in the same block on the schedule, that suits me down to the ground.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#23 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

That could be 7p.m.CET then though Iīm not quite sure,my math...

No, they have different times - Living Golf is listed for 15:00.
Anyway, it's South Africa time.

#24 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

Exactly. South Africa is same as Eastern Europe. (CET +1 or London +2).

Edit: Which means: CET is South Africa minus 1 and London South Africa minus 2. Now it's easy even for Gorani*

*She has admitted she finds it difficult to calculate the difference between time-zones :D

#25 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

So that means 8 +1 = 9 pm CET instead of World News Europe.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#26 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

No :-) it means 7pm CET instead of YWT.

#27 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:43 AM

Yes, sorry my mistake, it says 8 pm in South Africa. :oops:

So this is good and I expected it would be in that slot. That means YWT slot will have a change too or maybe there won't be YWT anymore.
I think they should just have 3 whole hours of double anchored YWT but I don't know who will do it. If Hala goes to Abuy Dhabi it could be Jim and Colleen.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#28 Jeffmister

Jeffmister

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:01 AM

I don't know if this has been said yet and/or this is the right place to post it, but I think Foxtel's website has let the 'cat out of the hat' regarding Christane Amanpour's new show. This is what it says on the CNNI page on the Foxtel website:

Amanpour is a weekly, hour-long program that takes a comprehensive look at foreign affairs and the policies shaping our world. Every week we bring you an in-depth interview with a world leader, as well as a panel of international analysts who examine the major global developments of the week.

SOURCE: Foxtel - CNN's Page
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds a lot like GPS to me.

#29 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

How credible is Foxtel as a source? If it turns out that this is true, it would basically mean that CNN has buried the idea of a daily Amanpour program :shock: I don't know if I find this a positive development. CNN badly needs a daily interview and debate show... On the other hand: The European evening lineup is already crowded. They would have to fire someone to make room for Christiane. I wouldn't like that either...

#30 sigma421

sigma421

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

I would actually rather that they left the programme for the weekends or maybe tried something like Asian prime time (record it lateish night US and play it out later). If the 7pm CET hour is taken that means that the 9pm I-Desk would be the only international news programme left between 7pm and 1am CET which as much as I am enjoying QMB seems a bit lacking on a 24 hour news channel.
At the worst I would suggest that CNN consider splitting the schedules a bit giving the EMEA region some prime-time shows in this slot and making sure the rest of the world (The Americas are still working at this point and much of Australia is wide awake by the time CNN Today starts) gets some proper news.

#31 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:30 AM

Here's a little more to chew on.

Amanpour, O'Hearn set new CNN show
Half-hour weekday program to launch in September
By Nellie Andreeva

March 31, 2009, 04:39 PM ET
Veteran news producer Kathy O'Hearn has teamed with CNN's chief international correspondent Christiane Amanpour for a new program.

O'Hearn will executive produce the New York-based, half-hour weekday program, which will launch in September airing during European primetime on CNN International and on Sunday afternoons on CNN.

This marks the return of O'Hearn to CNN, where she navigated the network's coverage of the Sept.11 attacks and shepherded the launch of "American Morning With Paula Zahn."

O'Hearn most recently worked at ABC, where she was involved in the network's coverage of the 2008 U.S. presidential election and served as executive producer for "This Week With George Stephanopoulos" for three years.

#32 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:25 AM

It seems a lot of planning is going into this show. September launch? That's what, 8, 9 months after we first heard this show was coming. I wonder if it is getting pushed back on purpose or not. It's strange to publicly announce a show that far in advance!

#33 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:45 AM

I wonder if the title of her show is "Amanpour Reports" because the opening sequence of her Iran special seemed to imply that it is.

#34 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

Great use of the London studio during Christian's special Iran report: large pictures on the projection wall!! Love it!! @Charles I think you're right! The opening sequence and the music could be made for more than this one program.

#35 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

New developments:

LESLEY: Christiane, before we let you go, I know that youíre starting a new program on CNN and Iíve been waiting anxiously for it. Tell us all about it. Will we be able to see it in the United States?

CHRISTIANE: Well, in short, itís going to be five days a week, five nights a week, on CNN International, which, if you have the right cable system, you can see in the U.S. But it will be one day a week in CNN in America as well, and thatís great. As far as Iím concerned the more foreign news and the more understanding about our complicated world for Americans, the better. Itíll be hopefully bringing my 20 yearsí experience in the field into the studio, but also weíll travel the program. And itíll be an attempt to put a big issue of the day, or of the week, or whatever, in context, in perspective, and really dig deeper Ė which is not happening anywhere on television right now. Except, of course, on "60 Minutes, Lesley.

LESLEY: And when will it start?

CHRISTIANE: Itís starting mid-September. I donít know the precise date, but itís mid-September.

http://www.wowowow.c...322788?page=0,1

#36 DanielWood

DanielWood

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

'Amanpour' starts on September 21st 2009.

Whatever your up to in the hours ahead, I do hope it's profitable!
Richard Quest

#37 jordan299206

jordan299206

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

Nevermind, CNN.com posted it. It will play at 3pm EST (8 London/9 Paris) so I guess the second International Desk will go buh-bye.

#38 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

That's not a good move to replace I Desk. Even if Hala goes back to 12 pm I Desk, I think there will be very annoyed people. (Yes. Me.)

Plus it will bump the afternoon GPS here: "Sundays on CNN/U.S. at 2 p.m. (ET)."

#39 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

Music on a show page. Wow, she must be special.

#40 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:54 PM

^^ I noticed the website calls it "CNN's signature program". Ouch. I know it is a big part of the repositioning, but I didn't think it would become the signature program. I actually had the impression, and feel, we already have CNN's signature show on air. ;-)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users