Photo

Amanpour.

484 replies to this topic

#41 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

Ohh my, I fear we'll soon be flooded with Amanpour promos and craze, even when she didn't have a show she had the most promos.
I like the music and the black/red theme, at least we can be sure she'll get the fancy NY set. :D
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#42 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

My expectations for her program are really high! CNN urgently needs a daily debate and Q&A format. The BBC has "hardtalk", which is imo one of the best interview shows on TV. AJE has "Riz Khan" and "Inside Story", which are not bad either. I think Christiane is perfect for such a show. Her name alone will attract high profile guests - that's for sure, and she knows a lot about the conflicts in the world and how/why they developed...

#43 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

I've changed the topic title to Amanpour.

I can't wait to see the content of the show. The tagline feels strong "Believe in the Power of the Interview". If the music on the webpage is the theme, I like it... a lot. I was a little cool on it at first, but have since listened to it a few times. It's very different - it's got a tribal feel to it. The vocals are interesting.

There's no doubt that the network has big hopes / expectations for this show. I really hope it's a success.

#44 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:08 AM

Ohh my, I fear we'll soon be flooded with Amanpour promos and craze, even when she didn't have a show she had the most promos.
I like the music and the black/red theme, at least we can be sure she'll get the fancy NY set. :D

Just seen the promos for Amapours new show, it looks good, cant wait till 22nd Sept

#45 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

Yeah it sounds good and as long as it wont take away one second in the future of "my" Kristie then Im very much looking forward to it

#46 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:56 AM

I have seen a new promo for the international desk today. It has Hala quoting "we're moving continents now" in part of it. Not sure if anyone else has seen it. The reason I mention it is that is gives the time as only 20:00 UK. I think we can be sure this is then the time slot they are sticking with as other wise they would mention the earlier edition or both.

That must be a temporary ad. 2000UK/1500ET will be the Amanpour show

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1681&hilit=amanpour&start=0

#47 Tribune

Tribune

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:36 AM

Ya, I had read those posts. I remain unconvinced that Amanpour will air at that hour. I don't think there is any firm evidence that it will air then? I still think 18:30 UK is still a realistic time for this show to air although where then do they air the speciality shows like ITME? If it airs at 20:00 UK then that what time will ID air? I think the prime time AD show will air at 17:00 London which will be prime in the Middle East.

There are a lot of questions still up in the air regarding scheduling so we will have to wait I guess. Perhaps even CNN have not finalised them?

#48 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

Press Release confirming the Amanpour slot
http://pr.afrigator.... ... programme/

#49 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:50 AM

So I guess someone will also do news updates for this show since it's an interview show.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#50 Tribune

Tribune

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:55 AM

Ok thanks for that, I had'nt seen that before.

Ok so that airs at 20:00 UK, I'll assume the feature programming will air at 20:30. This frees up the 18:00 - 19:00 UK hour for either W1 or AD.

There seems to be too many shows, too little time. The one show that stands out like a sore thumb is the TSR perhaps something is going to fill this slot

#51 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:32 AM

This just crossed my mind: who's going to do the show when Christiane is gone? I can't think of one person based in NYC who would be a suitable replacement. Perhaps Michael Ware would suffice, but is he officially based in NYC now? Maybe they'll just have Hala do it from Atlanta or Becky from London.

#52 Tribune

Tribune

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:49 AM

This just crossed my mind: who's going to do the show when Christiane is gone? I can't think of one person based in NYC who would be a suitable replacement. Perhaps Michael Ware would suffice, but is he officially based in NYC now? Maybe they'll just have Hala do it from Atlanta or Becky from London.

perhaps Nic Robertson from London i think he has to be number 2 to Christiane although Michael Ware is up there too

#53 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

Ralitsa ;-) I can wish, though I think she has the experience and gravitas for the show

Back in reality for relief presenter, I guess a lot will depend if CNN are prepared to let it be done from London or Atlanta when Christiane is off. Of course its not just Christiane to consider but the 'behind the scenes' staff too

#54 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

Press Release confirming the Amanpour slot
http://pr.afrigator.... ... programme/

Great news, so it is only a half hour show of which is just right, wonder if TSR will be bumped, let's hope so and if WS will play after Amapour. Leaving BS to play in TSR place and a weekly show on the half hour like Talk Asia or Inside Africa etc.

#55 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

Maybe Anderson. :mrgreen:

#56 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

Leaving BS to play in TSR place

That would mean Backstory going out at midnight CET. Can't see that hapenning

#57 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:06 AM

If I caught up the timings of this show properly -

On CNN International:
Weekdays:
1500, 0800 Eastern Time
2100, 1400 Central Europe
2000, 0300 Hong Kong

Saturdays:
0800 Eastern Time
1400 Central Europe
2000 Hong Kong

Sundays:
1600 Eastern Time
2200 Central Europe
0400 (Monday) Hong Kong

On CNN USA:
Sundays 1400 Eastern Time

So, they are going to replace the second hour of World News Asia.
It would have been better if they cut one of the repeats of World Sport.

#58 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:17 AM

Sundays:
2200 Central Europe

If this is actually true, another edition of World News goes away :-?

#59 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:03 AM

Thanks, JJ, for pointing out they changed the show page at cnn.com/amanpour. Looks like they tweaked with the graphics again. I think I liked it better without the mint green, but oh well.

Now, if a rerun of Amanpour is going at 0800 ET, that means that WNA will be shortened again to one hour. I think that's an awful, awful idea to get rid of another 30 minutes of live news to rerun a show that aired live 17 hours ago. I don't care if it's Christiane Amanpour who you're rerunning-- getting rid of live news for a rerun is an awful idea (unless if they'll expanding liv news elsewhere in the schedule to compensate).

EDIT: here's some more purple prose to chew on:
http://edition.cnn.c... ... r.preview/

This article has some minor new information:
>The show will run Monday-Thursday. The Best Of edition of the program will air on Friday at 2100 CET on CNN Int'l and on Sunday afternoon on CNN Domestic.
>Each show focuses on one topic at a time. "Each episode will primarily focus on one topic -- newsworthy and often provocative -- and will feature guests who challenge and deconstruct conventional wisdom."

#60 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

WHAT???? This will have a replay at 1400 cutting WNA and live news???? Way to go, one more nail in the coffin. :roll: :roll:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users