Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:29 PM

CNN's "WAR IN IRAQ" music:
http://space.coder24... ... iraq_3.wmv

#42 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

A bunch of old promos and openings from CNNI and CNNUS.

I think the old CNN Today opening would really suit CNN's look now cause of those framed photos in the beginning.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#43 pokornya

pokornya

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

Hi,

I've put up some new clips on my Youtube page.

- CNNI World News (1993)

- CNN Prime News (1993)

#44 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:05 AM

I was a subscriber of your channel with my old YouTube account, pokornya, and I am with my new account. I didn't realise you were a member here!

Thanks so much for uploading these! It's great to hear that CNN signature in that World News theme from '93! Nice length too!

#45 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:51 AM

I was scanning through the Monita thread trying to find a cap of her in Atlanta, but instead, I found these treasures from Houston, who I hope doesn't mind me reposting them:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

Watching all these old CNN Today videos made me realize how much I miss seeing Richard Quest on CNN Today. When CNNfn shut down a few years ago I lost any chance at watching CNN International that I had. And if anyone has any longer tracks of the "going to break" CNN Today music, let me know, because I only have one good track of it.

#47 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

Great find Charles, I didn't know those 2 videos still work cause most of those CNN Today videos we had are deleted. :-(
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#48 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

I just regurgitated them from a post Houston made almost two years ago in the Monita thread. Videos of the pre-2006 'Today are around if you are willing to dig for them! There were a few more from that post I believe, if you're interested. Someone also just uploaded another clip of Richard and Andrea in the Funny CNN videos thread that's worth a look.

#49 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

This was the open to World News that I remember rnost fondly from CNNI:

And this is the one that followed. Wasn't so much of a fan because it seemed a little bit cartoonish (if you know what I mean).

#50 wetsom

wetsom

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

Old CNN Today music:
http://www.filefacto.../n/CNNTODAY_mp3
Monita laugh 00:22 sec :lol:

Best CNN music ever. :-)

#51 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

From 1995, celebrating CNNI's first 10 years:

"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#52 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:22 PM

People In The News
http://i131.photobuc...leInTheNews.flv

#53 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:39 AM

Here's a piece from an episode of Insight from 2002. There's a little bit of Colleen at the beginning and end.

#54 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:43 AM

Occasionally, I'll just jump to a random page in an anchor thread just to see what's in it. Usually, I find not much more than old caps, but occasionally, I'll find some of Houston's video jewels. Here are some I found of Hala on BizNews:

Had to break it up. Part 1 - BizNews
Posted Image
Part 2
Posted Image

I have a couple of DVD's with clips I thought were funny or informative or something. I never kept the news shows except the final BI's with Hala. I'll look at the Atlanta clips next. I don't care if you download - I just don't know why I upload wmv files and they change them to fvi. They are loosing some sharpness with all this converting.
Pt. 3
Posted Image
Pt. 4
Posted Image

WN Pt.1
Posted Image
YWT Pt. 1
Posted Image

I'd buy the album...
http://i131.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/itmefan/StopInTheNameofKim.flv

Once again, all credit goes to Houston. And Houston, if you don't approve of me pulling these all up, then feel free to delete my post.

#55 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

It's great that you put them all here so it's easier to find them. Thanks Houston and Charles.

#56 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

After watching them again I really miss old CNN of the first part of this decade. Everything was better in my opinion, especially a lot of double anchoring, great pairings, the newsroom sets. The London newsroom looked so nice, especially the main shot for Hala with the nice blue behind her instead of the ugly boring 3D logo we get 24 hours a day now. :roll: I also loved seeing other anchors and reporters walking around the newsroom.

#57 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

Does someone has a clip of The Music Room and Style?
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#58 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

There are quite a few clips of the Music Room on YouTube:

Look at that CNNfn bug. I didn't watch CNNI religiously back then, but seeing these clips makes me wish that it was still around. The only other music show on an int'l news channel right now is that one Richard Gizbert hosts on Al Jazeera, but I just can't really get into it.

#59 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:31 PM

Charles,

That's funny... I asked it on Twitter to CNN why they did stop with TMR they said it was a passed station. Me thinks how can a newsworthy music programm be a passed station. Do you get it?

I think CNN has missed there plot.

I rejoined watching CNNi after Style was slashed because of TMR. So you can imagine how long I follow CNNi now.
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#60 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

yes i love the music room as well. wish they still showed it but i think they just think ppl like movies now cuz all we get the screening room.
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users