Posted Image

#43 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

Seems we don't see Robyn much aside from Marketplace Africa nowadays...
previosuly kev

#44 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Attached File  Robyn Curnow.jpg   45.36KB   4 downloads

#45 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Robin Curnow was just on CNNi talking about the shooting death at Oscar Pistorius's house.  She was totally discombobulated --not making a lot of sense.  John Vause had to start her over again from the beginning.  She's usually such a calm controlled reporter. Not sure if it's because she's genuinely affected by this story b/c he's such a hero  or if she's not used to the Breaking News Format.  It's 9:30 am there.  Actually Nkepile Mabuse sounds a little rattled, too. 

They both spoke about what a hero he was in SA.  

#46 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Ms. Mabuse just admitted that she was awakened by the news and that she was "shocked."  So,. I'll chock it up to hero worship.  

#47 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Working very late

Attached File  Robyn Curnow.jpg   7.57KB   1 downloads

#48 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

I like Robin Curnow a lot, but it seems to me that she is not able to be as objective as a reporter must be in the Oscar Pistorius story. She really is affected but this.  It's not so much that the words she says are biased, but that her manner of speaking.  I almost expect her to start crying herself.  Amanpour has a SA  Investigative journalist on tonight & she seems much more objective.  

#49 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

I'm glad Robin is the correspondent handling this story. Robin always brings a human element to her reports, to me that's what makes her reports so interesting. Is this tragedy affecting her? Yes, it obviously is but I don't think she's trying to hide that fact. Truly, how could it not considering all the time she's spent with Pistorius. However, looking at it from the point I think you're trying to make is that she has a job to do regardless of how she may feel.

In my opinion even though she is affected by this, she has not once let the audience forget Reeva and her family. Nor has she failed to provide what little facts or not quite proven facts from both sides of the case. I don't at all come away from one of her reports with more questions than answers. I also like the fact that she is quick to put things in perspective. When she was on one of U.S. shows, and of course they had the American attorney's who cover nothing but American Law, spouting their opinions. Robin interjected and I'm paraphrasing stated "you don't live here," you don't know how it is in SA, so basically don't interpret your way of applying the law or your way of life here.  She's been effective in not being apart of convicting him in the media. If it's because of her rapport with Pistorius, her abilitiles as a reporter or a bit of both - doesn't change the fact she's doing an amazing job reporting on it.

#50 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

SS, You make a good argument, but I still think she's too close to the story.  But that's OK.  

#51 cnnnz grady

cnnnz grady

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

Robyn was interviewed by TVNZ regarding developments on the Oscar pestorious case it was a telephone interview

Her job position in the lower third was CNN Africa Corospondant

I'm CNN's Wolf Blitzer Your In The Situation Room Heres Whats Happening Now

#52 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

Somewhat mystified why the woman's family allowed her friend to show all those sexy photos or was it Robin Curnow's decision?  It certainly didn't make the case that she was a bright, lovely woman.  

Addendum:  Maybe the friend wants to make a bundle by selling the pix?  

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 04 June 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#53 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Robin Curnow is reporting on the Australian Bush Fires from Australia.  Is she an Australian?  

#54 tom

tom

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Robin Curnow is reporting on the Australian Bush Fires from Australia.  Is she an Australian?  

According to her Bio on cnn.comshe was born in Australia but raised in South Africa.

#55 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

Just wondering -- Robin Curnow has had such a close association with Nelson Mandela, isn't it going to be difficult for her to find another niche?  She's more than capable of doing whatever CNN needs, but being the go-to girl for Mandela news is going to be a tough act to follow.  

#56 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Just wondering -- Robin Curnow has had such a close association with Nelson Mandela, isn't it going to be difficult for her to find another niche?  She's more than capable of doing whatever CNN needs, but being the go-to girl for Mandela news is going to be a tough act to follow.  

#57 tipster

tipster

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

I am sure there are big things in the not too distant future for her .. . clearly she has done an amazing job over the past few days . . and management is sure to have noticed. . . 

#58 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

That she did.  

#59 TVman

TVman

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

She's very classy. Total pro. But always has been. Not sure if she'll move from where she is. Her husband in the bureau chief in Johannesburg, and they have a family there.

#60 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Thought the same thing, TV man,.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users