52 replies to this topic

#21 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

Kathy Griffin was awesome. Definitely a great New Years co-host with Anderson. :Yes:
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#22 jjlucash

jjlucash

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

The fact that Kathy and Anderson are friends in real life is an added bonus.

#23 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

saw in TvNewser, Kathy said the F word on live television. Somebody has the video?

#24 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:06 AM

CNN apologizes for the cuss word going to air.

But if CNN was that concerned about it in the first place, couldn't they have been on delay until a few minutes before the countdown? A lot of networks go on delay during live events these days, all thanks to Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction.
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#25 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:55 AM

But isn't that the reason she's on there? Because CNN thinks people will watch to see the train wreck happen?
If they didn't learn after her on-air potty mouth last year - then they got exactly what they wanted.

#26 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:13 AM

But isn't that the reason she's on there? Because CNN thinks people will watch to see the train wreck happen?
If they didn't learn after her on-air potty mouth last year - then they got exactly what they wanted.

I like the way you stated that. Surely, they could make a fun, classy New Year's Eve program without her and her crass humor, right? Oh, wait-- that'd be expecting too much from the clowns that run the channel.

#27 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:39 PM

Banned?

#28 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

^^^ I guess if CNN is looking to repair their image (I doubt it), they should.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#29 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

Banned?

I see no reason to ban her for saying that. I know she shouldn't have crossed the line in trying to be funny, but still i found it funny, and no way should she be banned from CNN.

#30 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:32 AM

Kathy Griffin: "They’re going to pull me off the air, if I cross the line" TV Newser

Ya know, CNN has had 2 chances to pull her off air for crossing the line already, so I don't think they're that seriously concerned. :rolleyes:

#31 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:12 AM

CNN likes the controversy Kathy brings. I think they have to play devil's advocate to the public though and make out that they're warning her to watch herself. Afterall, that's what we heard the first time she dropped naughty language on tv.

Edited by Gruffny, 30 December 2010 - 06:13 AM.

Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#32 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:57 AM

Not that farce again...

#33 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

A rare sight to see CNN top FNC, albeit for a program not covering actual news.

CNN Press Release: CNN Top's Fox News Channel on New Year's Eve by 60% in the Key Demo 25-54 from 11:00 pm - 12:30 am.

CNN New Year’s Eve with Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin (11:00 pm – 12:30 am)

811k demo 25-54
1.805 million total viewers

FNC’s All American New Years (11:00 pm – 12:30 am)

506k demo 25-54
1.738 million total viewers

CNN Observations

#34 MikeN

MikeN

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:03 AM

They've been running the promos already. Anderson and Kathy Griffin are back at it again. Wonder what outrage Kathy will cause this year!

Press release via Inside Cable News

"CNN’s Brooke Baldwin and Marty Savidge will take over from Nashville and count down to midnight, central time."

Brooke and Marty make an interesting pairing.

#35 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

And so another New Years Eve special hosted by Cooper and Kathy Griffin comes to an end and I must say these guys keep getting better. This year Kathy dyed Anderson's hair on air (I don't know what Anderson thought was going on). The chemistry is just so light hearted and genuine.
This year they were joined primarily by NYE newcomers Michaela Pereira (who was the most light hearted I have ever seen her) and Richard Quest, who seemed like an exaggeration of himself. With all due respect to the excellent Isha Sesay, they should keep these two instead of bringing her back. The chemistry these two had with each other and Kathy were really something special (good enough for a breakfast show with Pereira as the newsy one. See, I've even thought of that).
The other drops that they covered were nice as well, though Sushi got considerably less airtime.
Brooke Baldwin and Don Lwmon took over at 12:30 and took us through to the new year in the central time zone. As good as they can potentially be both individually and collectively, their overall production just did not hold a candle to their predecessors

#36 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

I watched in the morning from where I am and I really enjoyed it this year because it is wonderful chill tv, but I'm curious to know the reason why people in the US would choose this show to usher them into the new year instead of a better entertainment orientated, say, Ryan Seacrest?

Lastly, last year CNN beat Fox News in the demo every hour and in total viewers in the midnight hour, though they were down un both measurements from the previous year due to heavily increased competition. What do you guys think the ratings will look like this year.

#37 StayConnected

StayConnected

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

http://www.mediabist...ec-31-2_b250428

CNN beats the other three combined in the demo. Well, never thought i'd write that sentence again. Happy new year for CNN :lol:

No matter where news happens, CNN is there.

#38 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:11 AM

Kathy and Anderson were great as always, but why is Zucker trying to shove more Don Lemon in our faces?? I couldn't stand his and Brooke's part of the show. He kept trying to make it HIS show. I feel like Randi Kaye would've been better with her drunken one-woman show in Memphis. :simplelol:
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#39 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:14 AM

I think Brooke Baldwin and Don Lemon have been part of the show from New Orleans for a few years, I thought they were quite good. Gary Tuchman (and his daughter) were also great covering a weird tradition. As was Randi Kaye who is just as good if not better when she is drunk. We didn't see much of Richard in Rio - which is a shame as he is always a great laugh. Poppy Harlow was superb in the crowds in Times Square. I'm surprised CNN dosen't have anyone in the Mountain or Pacific time zones to bring in new year there, John & Isha in LA would be good.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#40 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:08 PM

I vehemently disagree with the above opinions of Kathy Griffin (except for David's)  I think she's a vile, disgusting person.  And she ruins the show.  

I don't care about her using obscenitites.   BFD as we used to say.  Like spreading her legs wide when she was naked.  Totally uncalled for.  TeeHeeHee.  

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 01 January 2016 - 09:48 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users