53 replies to this topic

#41 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:04 PM

Before the show,  I thought how on earth would they keep this train going for 5 hours none stop. Then it aired and one could see it was more planned out than previous years and had a decent pace.

I watched parts of Fox News' coverage and I turned back to CNN immediately. One always had a smile on your face for the whole CNN team. The only criticism that I noticed on the social networks was that CNN was ignoring the other major time zones of the US.

There were also less reporters in New York than usual I must say. Usually it is like three or four but tonight it was just one. Weird.

#42 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:17 PM

Guess what? Next year we are going to celebrate 10 Years of Anderson and Kathy on NYE. I hope the show starts at 4pm to commemorate the occasion.

#43 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:53 PM

I vehemently disagree with the above opinions of Kathy Griffin (except for David's)  I think she's a vile, disgusting person.  And she ruins the show.

I have no idea who this Kathy is. She looks like Anderson Cooper, is she a relation?

#44 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:28 PM

I don't think so. I read somewhere they are good friends. She's a very very very very minor supposed comedian.

#45 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

From 8pm-12:38am, the show averaged a whopping 1.6 million.  The main hour (11:30pm) averaged a whopping 2.7 million viewers whilst the Don Lemon and Brooke Baldwin half hour that followed averaged 1.7 million viewers.

All of these beats Fox News easily. 

#46 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:05 PM

I don't think so. I read somewhere they are good friends. She's a very very very very minor supposed comedian.

He always sez that she's a better friend of his mother's than of him.  

#47 RaciMatador

RaciMatador

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:26 AM

There was a scene when a guy lunged his head at Don Lemon's submerged leg in what I presume was a hot tub. Pretty awkward.

And I can imagine how uncomfortable Anderson was during the entire interview with that skier. Kathy was pushing it.

#48 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:21 AM

Kathy held up pictures of CNN talent to see if Anderson could identify them solely based on their face. He got all of them including Clarissa Ward, George Howell, Natalie Allen, Andy Sholes, Christine Romans, Deborah Feyerick, Ben Wedeman, Michael Holmes and even Jonathan Mann. It seems Anderson watches a lot of CNN International, as I heard him once say in an interview with an Asian broadcaster.

#49 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

Kathy Griffin will longer be doing the New Year's  EVE shows , CNN cut ties after a photo shoot stunt . 

http://www.adweek.co...-griffin/330829

#50 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

Part of me thinks they'll change their mind around November. The other part of me thinks this is it for good.

#51 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

Reunite Cooper with Erica Hill!!!

Edited by James Jayoma, 01 June 2017 - 01:54 PM.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#52 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:57 PM

Part of me thinks they'll change their mind around November. The other part of me thinks this is it for good.

I think it'll be for good. They even sent a push notification through their app to their press release regarding the matter.

I wonder if the chemistry with Hill and Cooper will still click after all these years. On the outside, it doesn't seem like the 2 have kept in contact since Hill left CNN years ago.
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#53 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

As I've stated before I think she's a vile disgusting person.  I'm very happy she's gone  Perhaps I'll be able to watch the NYE show again. And I don't care how popular the show is with her on it. 

#54 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen to Co-Host CNN’s New Year’s Eve Celebration

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users