I'm sorry if anyone disagrees, but his voice is very annoying

#24 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:19 AM

I can see where you're coming from, but I like his energy and passion.
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#25 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

I can see where you're coming from, but I like his energy and passion.

I agree 100%, he has the best energy and passion for his reports, though he may need to tone it down just a tad

#26 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

I don't think he should change a thing! I think he came over to CNN for good reason!

#27 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:16 AM

http://pics.livejour...ch/pic/00dkf60z
http://pics.livejour...ch/pic/00dkg23s
http://pics.livejour...ch/pic/00dkhf8k
http://pics.livejour...ch/pic/00dkk884
http://pics.livejour...ch/pic/00dkp60r
http://pics.livejour...ch/pic/00dkq6fz
http://pics.livejour...ch/pic/00dkrecc
http://pics.livejour...ch/pic/00dks7sx

#28 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:10 PM

I WANT HIS JOB!!

:P

#29 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image
Business Traveller in August

#30 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:21 PM

There goes the last of any credibility he may have still had. I can't believe CNN would let this happen.
"Richard Quest, the irksome and toothsome CNN reporter, will attempt the paso doble."
http://photos.tmz.co...stars__spoilers

#31 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:52 AM

That is great for Questy I love the British original of that show it's the ony television outside of News and Sport that I watch.

It's true that Questy will never again be take seriously but my memory is very good and I know that Questy is capable of handling breaking news of a most serious kind because I have seen him do it more than once.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#32 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:24 PM

Looks like they rethought it.

The 12 competitors for the fifth season of Dancing With The Stars (CTV/ABC) officially were announced yesterday. Here's the list:

Melanie Brown, a.k.a. Scary Spice of the Spice Girls; Osmond, best known for the old Donny & Marie variety show; Cuban, the outspoken owner of the Dallas Mavericks; Las Vegas legend Wayne Newton; Jennie Garth of Beverly Hills 90210; award-winning actress Jane Seymour; Sabrina Bryan of the Cheetah Girls; boxer Floyd Mayweather; model Albert Reed; model/actress Josie Maran; race-car driver Helio Castroneves; and soap-opera star Cameron Mathison.

Maybe when he retires.

#33 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:39 AM

The 12 competitors for the fifth season of Dancing With The Stars (CTV/ABC) officially were announced yesterday. Here's the list:

Melanie Brown, a.k.a. Scary Spice of the Spice Girls; Osmond, best known for the old Donny & Marie variety show; Cuban, the outspoken owner of the Dallas Mavericks; Las Vegas legend Wayne Newton; Jennie Garth of Beverly Hills 90210; award-winning actress Jane Seymour; Sabrina Bryan of the Cheetah Girls; boxer Floyd Mayweather; model Albert Reed; model/actress Josie Maran; race-car driver Helio Castroneves; and soap-opera star Cameron Mathison.

Maybe when he retires.

Well, he would have the energy for dancing at least hehe.

#34 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:16 PM

#35 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:32 PM

Maybe when he retires.

What does this gotta do with Richard?? Were you hoping for him?

#36 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

Junk Junk, go to the very bottom of page 2 of this thread, and I think you'll understand :D !

#37 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

There's only ever been One Richard Austin Quest

The close-up: Richard Quest
CNN International anchor and correspondent
Interview by Gareth McLean
Monday October 29, 2007
The Guardian
Richard Quest. Photograph: Eamonn McCabe

What are you wearing today?
This is one of my 25 suits. My wardrobe is divided - with my dinner suit in the middle - into light suits on the left and darker ones on the right, which are more suitable for serious stories such as the Diana inquest I'm covering at the moment. I'd wear a suit like this if I wanted to make a statement, to say that I wasn't boring. I have three or four like this but the mainstays of my suit wardrobe are grey pinstriped, blue pinstriped and solid colours. They're all made in Hong Kong. The tailors come to London once a month, I choose fabrics and perhaps have my measurements checked, and then six weeks later the suit arrives in the post.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is wearing a suit essential for your work?
If I'm anchoring, yes. If I'm doing an interview, the interviewee - whether it's a president, a CEO or a rock star - expects it. It's a sign of respect.

Don't you get bored with wearing suits?

I'm one of those people who feels comfortable in a suit. It's a barrier, a suit of armour. If I'm in any other clothes, particularly at work, I feel decidedly inferior. I just don't wear casual clothes as well as other people and I'm insecure about the way I look unless I'm wearing a suit. I wish I had a better body - when I lived in New York, I used to go to the gym every day at 6am, but not any more. I'm just too tired these days.

Would you ever wear a white suit?

Never. Martin Bell was one of my mentors at the BBC and has cornered the market in white suits.

Tell me about your tie.

This one was 4 in Rome. I will return from a trip to Italy with maybe 15 ties. I never spend a lot of money on ties. For some reason, cheap ties knot better and look better on television than expensive ones.

Are the braces an affectation?

I started as a financial journalist back in the 1980s and I think there might have been a touch of arrogance in the days of liar's poker and big, swinging dicks. Very quickly, I realised how fantastic braces were, giving you the support but with none of the restriction of wearing a belt. I almost never wear a belt with a suit and my braces are almost always button ones. Clip-on ones are a bit low-rent.

Your shirt seems very pristine.

I get my shirts made because I can get an extra quarter inch put on the cuff so it always shows on television. Same with the suits: I get a bit of extra cloth put in the top of the back so it doesn't ride up. And I always wear brass collar stays.

Do you have a lot of cuff links?

There are few ways for a man in a suit to brighten his look and cuff links are one of them. You could always tell Madeleine Albright's mood and the state of negotiations by the brooch she wore. By that token, if I'm doing an aviation story, I might wear the cuff links I got on the last flight of Concorde. If it's a nice jolly story, I might wear these big shiny ones I got in India. But the bog-standard ones I wear were a present and they're old typewriter keys - an R and a Q.

Your shoes are very shiny.

When I was on assignment with Prince Andrew in Kazakhstan, he looked down at my shoes with disdain; his were gleaming and mine were not. So I investigated the best way to get a shine, which is to get a little bit of polish and rub it in circles, add a bit of water and go round and round - eventually you can see your face in them. I do it last thing at night because it's therapeutic. Ten minutes of that and you've unwound for the day.

What do you think of the ageism and sexism in TV news?

Men have one distinct advantage in news: the older we get, the more gravitas we're assumed to have. I'm pleased to say that at CNN, it's all about "Can you do the job? Do you have authority?" We don't go in for this obscene pairing of an older male anchor and younger female one, with its awful overtones of daddy-daughter, mistress-businessman. It's horrible.

"We don't go in for this obscene pairing of an older male anchor and younger female one, with its awful overtones of daddy-daughter, mistress-businessman. It's horrible."
He got that terribly wrong did Questy, I could cite several examples but Jim and Isha would be the most salient. :lol:
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#38 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:10 AM

As a commercial aviation aficionado myself, I can't believe Questy said it was ten-abreast on the upper deck of Singapore Airlines' A380 Economy class. It's eight-abreast, Questy!!!

#39 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:04 PM

As a commercial aviation aficionado myself, I can't believe Questy said it was ten-abreast on the upper deck of Singapore Airlines' A380 Economy class. It's eight-abreast, Questy!!!

I couldn't believe it either, I would've loved to do that story for him :P

#40 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

I hope we'lll get Richard anchoring for Christmas like he did last year, but this time I hope with Monita. :D
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users