4094 replies to this topic

#1 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:04 AM

This post is to talk about the CNN schedule and gives any schedule changes. This thread also gives people of when their programmes are on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE
-----------------
Europe has gone on Summer Time and therefore all programs anchored from Europe is now an hour earlier.

Programs coming up...
----------------------------
I'll post it soon- watch this space

Web Link
------------------
http://www.cnn.com/C...ams/scheds.html

This link provides you with the CNN schedule (hopefully if it works :roll: )

#2 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:10 PM

I never understand those schedules. They never get it right. And even looks that never changed it at CNNI website. But How can I be suprised when, in the CNNI program information, they still mention Zain Verjee as a anchor. No Hala Gorani mentioned there, and we all know, she has been anchoring YTW for months now.

http://edition.cnn.c...I/Programs/ywt/
Posted Image

#3 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:59 PM

I don't get CNNI schedule this last weeks. :roll:

They keep on repeating, and repeating the same programs. :?
Why?
There is no enough interesting news happening around the world?
Or they are having a lack of staff to do the report and anchoring?
Like today. On first hour of YWT their was no News. :shock:
Posted Image

#4 StephenH

StephenH

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:20 AM

The first hour of YWT was replaced by scheduled special programming... the first broadcast of the latest CNN Future Summit. I think it's important that CNN/I does have these special event programmes and, let's be honest it has to go somewhere :lol:

#5 cldsleyon

cldsleyon

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:17 PM

The first hour of YWT was replaced by scheduled special programming... the first broadcast of the latest CNN Future Summit. I think it's important that CNN/I does have these special event programmes and, let's be honest it has to go somewhere :lol:

Don't you think on the weekend would have been a better choice, than during the weekday when there's lot going on.

#6 StephenH

StephenH

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:57 AM

I can understand why the weekend might be seen as a good slot for these kind of things, and of course all the special programmes shown through the week are repeated at weekends too. But I think they like the special programmes to be in the higher profile, mid-week time slots. It gives them more prominence, and more chance of people actually seeing them.

#7 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:12 AM

Weird things happening to the CNNI Schedule this wek, but I think (hopefully :D ) it's only for this week, because Europe's clocks went back last weekend, whereas the USA's Summer Time doesn't end until this coming weekend.

Here's a few things I've noticed:
[*:51316]Your World Today is in the same slot (though obviously an hour earlier for us Europeans), presumably because this is a US show, but then there is an extra World News in thew following hour[*:51316]This means that the two WNE's and BI start an hour later than they usually would, so in Europe, they are on at the same time as they were before the clock change[*:51316]It looks like they've done this with the London CNN Today as well - moved it forward an hour so it's on at the same time as it used to be for Europe[*:51316]And so the BI that used to be on before the first WNA is gone - why they couldn't have scrapped Larry King Live instead, who knows...
People who have been watching CNNI for longer than me, is this what happens every year?

I really hope this is just temporary, because otherwise I'll miss YWT most days of the week - Finnoula and WNE for the whole winter... aaarrrggghhh!!! :lol:

---
My brain needs a rest after trying to understand all those time zones... 8)

#8 cldsleyon

cldsleyon

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:57 AM

Weird things happening to the CNNI Schedule this wek, but I think (hopefully :D ) it's only for this week, because Europe's clocks went back last weekend, whereas the USA's Summer Time doesn't end until this coming weekend.

Here's a few things I've noticed:
[*:4afbd]Your World Today is in the same slot (though obviously an hour earlier for us Europeans), presumably because this is a US show, but then there is an extra World News in thew following hour[*:4afbd]This means that the two WNE's and BI start an hour later than they usually would, so in Europe, they are on at the same time as they were before the clock change[*:4afbd]It looks like they've done this with the London CNN Today as well - moved it forward an hour so it's on at the same time as it used to be for Europe[*:4afbd]And so the BI that used to be on before the first WNA is gone - why they couldn't have scrapped Larry King Live instead, who knows...
People who have been watching CNNI for longer than me, is this what happens every year?

I really hope this is just temporary, because otherwise I'll miss YWT most days of the week - Finnoula and WNE for the whole winter... aaarrrggghhh!!! :lol:

---
My brain needs a rest after trying to understand all those time zones... 8)

It is for this week only. It happens twice a year. Europe and the US time will settled by next week. I am not sure but I think people in Asia, Pacific /Middle East/ South Asia will be affected. Theirs will change permentely until next spring.

#9 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:05 PM

#10 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:25 PM

CNN really needs to established a fixed schedule for these four periods:

- Summer time
- Standard time
- When US and Europe are out of sync for a week or so in the autumn
- When US and Europe are out of sync for a week or so in the spring

Otherwise, you get WNA moving from 7pm to 8pm (HKG time), to there being only one edition of WNA at 8pm, to 7pm and 9pm again, and now with the time changes, with WNA staying at 7pm and 9pm. Just like when NewsBiz Today/CNN Today (Asia) started at 6am (HKG time), then moved to 7am, and then now 8am (cut down to only two hours at that). It's really confusing for people in Asia. But then again, the content on WNA is not that different from that on regular WN. So for those who aren't CNN fans like us, all this probably doesn't matter at all.

But for the rest of us, you can't just shift things here and there. At this rate, CNN Today (Asia) will probably begin at 11am (HKG time) in, I don't know, five years' time.
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#11 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:35 PM

I think it's bad they don't have BI at noon. It's always been there, it's strange not to see London at that time of day.
Anyway, I think CNN maybe needs some changes in their schedule. I think they should make a revamp in London. Maybe CNN Today could be an hour longer, or start an hour later couse it's too early. They should have only one BI at noon.
In the evenings WNE shoud have 2 anchors and Becky should stay on BI at 23.00.cet.
What do you think????
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#12 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:26 AM

uh... we, the people in the Asia-Pacific are somewhat irritated at the Programme Changes.

Now CNN Today Europe is at 1300 PHIL/HK...
Even BBC and CNBC are having a rough week for these schedule changes...

the only channel that does not move it's schedule is AlJazeera... i wonder why.

#13 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

I must say I am extremely pleased :P that CNNI has decided to keep the schedule in line with European times, rather than making it all an hour earlier for us Europeans so that it matches up with the US clock.

For those who aren't aware, clocks went forward 1 hour this weekend in the US, so I was expecting that we would have the same schedule in Europe as we had when this happened in the spring - everything moved an hour earlier. This would mean that I would have had to put up with three weeks of Fionnuala (until European clocks go forward too) instead of three weeks of YWT, as I usually only get home in time to catch the last hour of YWT.

Which means more Hala, less Fionnuala! 8) :P 8) :P

#14 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

All those analysis of timing differences has made my mind :shock:. CNNi always goes into this trouble every year. certainly, i guess it will be over by next week. Question) When the DST is off, do ALL the people of Europe and US change their clock?? (and not only the media).

#15 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

Junk Junk, it will last for three weeks in total, because in spring the Americans go into summer time 3 weeks before Europe. It's only 1 week in autumn.

Question) When the DST is off, do ALL the people of Europe and US change their clock?? (and not only the media).

Sorry, i don't quite get what you're asking. Please could you rephrase your question. :P

#16 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:45 PM

do ALL the people of Europe and US change their clock?? (and not only the media).

No. Arizona and Hawaii don't do daylight saving time.

#17 Guest_Nico_*

Guest_Nico_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:00 PM

Just to let you know, there will be a major overhaul of CNN International's programming schedule starting next week.

There will apparently now be a two-hour edition of World News Asia airing at 13.00 CET. Also YWT will be cut to two 90-minute editions airing from 16-17.30 and 18-19.30 CET. The European evening line-up will also undergo changes with Business International now airing at 20.00 CET and the expansion of World News Europe which will now air two one-hour editions at 21.00 and 23.00 CET. There will also be a new half hour program called "Back Story" at 22.00 CET. The daytime editions of at 09.00 CET and 12.00 CET will be cancelled. Instead World Business Today will no longer air during European prime time but instead will now air at 09.30 CET and 15.30 CET.
The weekends will now see editions of CNN Today, YWT and World News Europe, though the overall output of news on the weekends will be reduced as their feature programs now get more and more time slots not just on the weekends but also during the weekdays.

You can go to http://www.cnnasiapacific.com, then click on "Programs" and then "Schedules" where you can find the detailed line-up until the end of October.

#18 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:38 PM

OMG, this is a huge change, at least for CNN. :shock: :shock: They had the same schedule for ages, I almost can't imagine a different schedule. Will they change anchor slots, will there be new openings????? Will they broadcast from London and HK on weekends too???So many questions. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I had a feeling a change is coming, at least to YWT couse of the single anchoring, I hope they won't keep that up. Also there's no Adrian for some time now. CNN Today is staying the same , but there will be half houre more at 0900 CET which is great.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#19 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

OK, I managed to translate the new schedule into CET and this is how it will look like.

06.00. CNN Today
08.30. World Sport
09.00. CNN Today
09.30. World Business Today, wed-fri: Business International (strange :shock: )
10.00. World News
10.30. Random shows (World Repor, Business Traveler etc)
11.00. Larry King Live
12.00. World News
12.30. World Sport
13.00. World News Asia
15.00. Random show
15.30. World Business Today
16.00. Your World Today
17.30. World Sport
18.00. Your World Today
19.30. Random show
20.00. Business International
21.00. World News Europe
22.30. World Sport
23.00. World News Europe
00.00. The Situation Room
01.00. CNN Today
04.00. Anderson Cooper 360
05.00. Random show
05.30. World Sport

#20 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

the overall output of news on the weekends will be reduced as their feature programs now get more and more time slots not just on the weekends but also during the weekdays.

That STINKS.

It also explains why ITME will be on the Wednesday before the weekend.

So, is YWT on at the same time?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users