#21 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:22 PM

Iím confused. :? :|
Isnít there a different time program schedule for Asia, and Europe? I remember when news anchors saying: For Ö the news continues, and for the rest of the world ÖTalk Asia (for example)?
Which remind me that I haven't heard that sentence for a while, maybe they decided to go back to the old scheme.
I did my time zone conversion from CET to London time and, maybe Iím wrong, but YWT (Hala & Jim) starts at the same hour as usual. :? Considering that the United Kingdom is not on GMT during summer, and Portugal follows the London time.
I never get these time zones thing.
:? :(
Posted Image

#22 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:14 AM

OMG, this is a huge change, at least for CNN. :shock: :shock: They had the same schedule for ages, I almost can't imagine a different schedule. Will they change anchor slots, will there be new openings????? Will they broadcast from London and HK on weekends too???So many questions. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I had a feeling a change is coming, at least to YWT couse of the single anchoring, I hope they won't keep that up. Also there's no Adrian for some time now. CNN Today is staying the same , but there will be half houre more at 0900 CET which is great.

I've been expecting some changes to CNN International ever since they started tinkering with the sets and graphics by phasing out the Chemistry colour scheme and silver globes. I wouldn't be surprised if that clean look introduced in February 2006 will go away completely over the next few weeks. The sets could possibly be redone, especially since they built that strange miniset in the Hong Kong newsroom, but since the sets are relatively new and are costly to overhaul, I doubt they will be replaced soon.

As for the schedule, it should be interesting to see how it works out. Breaking up the long newsblocks may be beneficial to CNN as it would break up the monotony of the same newscast every hour. However, I like turning on CNN Today London late at night and watching all of it in the background while I do my work.

#23 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:16 AM

Iím confused. :? :|
Isnít there a different time program schedule for Asia, and Europe? I remember when news anchors saying: For Ö the news continues, and for the rest of the world ÖTalk Asia (for example)?
Which remind me that I haven't heard that sentence for a while, maybe they decided to go back to the old scheme.
I did my time zone conversion from CET to London time and, maybe Iím wrong, but YWT (Hala & Jim) starts at the same hour as usual. :? Considering that the United Kingdom is not on GMT during summer, and Portugal follows the London time.
I never get these time zones thing.
:? :(

Not that I can tell. The only differences between the different feeds seem to only be regional weather forecasts and possibly adverts.

#24 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

OK, I managed to translate the new schedule into CET and this is how it will look like.

06.00. CNN Today
08.30. World Sport
09.00. CNN Today
09.30. World Business Today, wed-fri: Business International (strange :shock: )
10.00. World News
10.30. Random shows (World Repor, Business Traveler etc)
11.00. Larry King Live
12.00. World News
12.30. World Sport
13.00. World News Asia
15.00. Random show
15.30. World Business Today
16.00. Your World Today
17.30. World Sport
18.00. Your World Today
19.30. Random show
20.00. Business International
21.00. World News Europe
22.30. World Sport
23.00. World News Europe
00.00. The Situation Room
01.00. CNN Today
04.00. Anderson Cooper 360
05.00. Random show
05.30. World Sport

Instead of the randoms shows from 15.00 & 05.00 CET they could broadcast World News. CNN is a news channel or a documentary channel ? A news channel has news programs at the top of the hour, not randoms shows. If you have suggestions regarding CNN schedule post them. It will be interesting to see the ideal schedule of the cnnfan.org members.

#25 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:24 AM

I will miss BI at noon, it was always a good hour of all the news. One strange thing about the new schedule is that it will have only 3 hours of news coming from Atlanta (YWT). Maybe they will start airing some other shows from there too like WN at 10.00CET (they used to do this before).

Anyway, today is the last day of old schedule, it's a bit strange really.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#26 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

I went to CNNI page and look for the different schedules, for different world zones, and I got even more confused (I think its the different time zones that makes it more confusing)

For AsiaPacific you have one schedule: http://edition.cnn.c...schedule.6.html
And for Europe/Africa/ Middle East you have another: http://edition.cnn.c...schedule.4.html

And yes, I can see YWT on Saturdays at Asia Pacific schedule, but not in the Europe one.
Posted Image

#27 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

Those are the schedules for this week, CNNI official site doesn't give you next week option.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#28 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

I don't wanna see more London output on CNNI this is not 2004 after all.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#29 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

I don't wanna see more London output on CNNI this is not 2004 after all.

More London = (maybe) more Adrian, Monita, Max, Jenny, Becky and Fionnuala?

#30 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:27 PM

It's bad for Hala fans couse her on air time is reduced to 1.h 30 min. :( :(
But we'll get to see Monita after 9.00CET which is great.

I wonder what will happen with Adrian's slot, is he still gonna do it??? I guess Charles will still do WBT. I always wanted Adrian to do WNE with Fiounnala.

#31 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

What has happened to adrian have i missed something?

i think we will see Don Riddell transistioned into a fully fledged anchor and we will see more owen thomas and maybe more sasha herriman and paula newton and mallika kapur

the shedules are definatly changed as it has changed on my sky epg

#32 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

What has happened to adrian have i missed something?

i think we will see Don Riddell transistioned into a fully fledged anchor and we will see more owen thomas and maybe more sasha herriman and paula newton and mallika kapur

the shedules are definatly changed as it has changed on my sky epg

I hope he is on vacation, maybe he will be back tomorrow?

Yep, my EPG has changed also. Will see in the morning what will that change bring.

#33 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:26 AM

The edition of CNN Today that is usually anchored by Monita and Max from London was anchored by Hugh Riminton solo in Hong Kong. That's the only change I've seen today, though my stream hasn't been working today either.

EDIT: That must've been for just the first hour. I turned it on now and I saw Don Riddel doing the World Sport Update with Sasha and Max in London.

#34 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:45 AM

Max and Sasha from London, Don with World Sport (without transcript and with prompter delays). So, I guess it will be Adrian later and I hope he will comment on that schedule change (unless, "Gustav" breaks news).

ETA: Don got his papers back, yay! : )

ETA: Sasha was gone after WSport.

Now it is World Bussines Today - with Adrian from London and Andrew from HK. :shock: Both interviewing (Andrew jumped in and asked a question) a guest in London. Interesting move.

ETA: Sasha is back with World News.

#35 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

Good to see Adrian back but I thought he will do WN too.
I like WBT from HK and London.

#36 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:45 AM

Good to see Adrian back but I thought he will do WN too.
I like WBT from HK and London.

Indeed i like the sort of tweaks to the opening of the revamped WBT with Andrew in HK and Adrian in London, reminds me of a shortened Capital Connections on CNBC

Well done CNN!

#37 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:58 AM

Yes, that new opening was great, hope we'll see more of tweaks like that today. I just can't stand the small window couse of Gustav graphics. :twisted:

#38 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:12 AM

I just can't stand the small window couse of Gustav graphics. :twisted:

Yeah, I don't like it either. Why is it there? What can viewers get from it? And sqeezed-in anchors with another bunch of graphics like "What you need to know" on their left side with that "Gustav" animation is too much for my eyes.

#39 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:02 AM

I donít get why all the changes at CNNI schedules if they will still continue letting CNNUS rule the channel every time there is USA breaking news related.
Itís these intense cover of the Gustav storm really necessary?

CNN must think all viewers have big wide TV screens. If you have a small TV screen, imagine how much reduced it gets your visual area thanks to that annoying new graphic at the right side.
Posted Image

#40 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:11 AM

Max is back for WN. I wonder if this is permanent, what is Adrian doing, will he be on the next WBT. What about Charles Hodson????

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users