4104 replies to this topic

#4101 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

Another mismanagement alert: CNNi now airing a taped program after simulcasting Domestic for London museum incident (which then shifts to a more aligned coverage of Hurricane Nate), cut feed and then briefly deploying Lynda Kinkade for a short breaking update. No breaking news flipper as of this writing. BBC World News now wall-to-wall, carrying BBC News (UK)

Edited by James Jayoma, 07 October 2017 - 03:47 PM.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#4102 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:22 PM

We used to get the Michael and Amira show at 12 midnight but now it's not on until 12:30 CET time.  But now we get another?   rerun of that stupid Kate Bouldin show. Which means we get the Wolf Show (US news), Amanpour (Int) The Kate tsshow (AM0) Hala Gorani ( Int. news show) Quest (US business show.re run Amanpour, Sports, Rerun The Kate show (US) Michael & Amira for 15 minutes.  Sports for 15 minutes. And I think we finally get Amira & Michael (Int news) Making it hours and hours between international news.  WTF?

#4103 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

Usually when the clocks are set back in Europe , CNN I's European line up shows up one hour later than the time it normally is in the  US, Like  TWRN at 4PMET instead of 3pmet,  but so far noticed that Amanpour and State of America are on at  then normal times for the US or one hour earlier for Europe.  

#4104 leebon

leebon

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

Usually when the clocks are set back in Europe , CNN I's European line up shows up one hour later than the time it normally is in the  US, Like  TWRN at 4PMET instead of 3pmet,  but so far noticed that Amanpour and State of America are on at  then normal times for the US or one hour earlier for Europe.  

I do remember that when Global Exchange with JDefterios was on back in 2011-2013, I'd miss the entire show since I used to come back from school at 16:00GMT, the regular airing time during the year as CNN would bring the show at 15:00PM, one hour earlier.

Though I do believe CNN Abu Dhabi made adjustments by airing the show an hour later...not sure if the clocks change in the Middle East. 

But I'm sure that pales in comparison to the jihadists that got blown up because they forgot to adjust their bombs with DST. :mad:  :rofl:

http://darwinawards....win1999-38.html

#4105 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

I'm know about all the ME, but here in Egypt we didn't have DST this year.  Some years we do.  Some we don't.  Sometimes it goes on and goes off and goes off again due to Ramadan and the related fasting.  Interesting to find out what it's going to do this upcoming year b/c Ramadan starts in May.  

I was just bitching about the lack of news, not about the time changes.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users