CNNI Schedule

4099 replies to this topic

#41 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:42 AM

I don’t get why all the changes at CNNI schedules if they will still continue letting CNNUS rule the channel every time there is USA breaking news related.
It’s these intense cover of the Gustav storm really necessary?

All week the networks have been foaming at the mouth for this hurricane to hit NO. You can bet if it was going into Beaumont or somewhere like that they wouldn't be making as big a deal of it. And I'd bet that as soon as it really does hit (all night coverage for a few rain drops?) and they can get Andy out there in a wet T-shirt then US will be broadcast on Intl all day.

I hope that first hour with Hugh was just this once for some reason. I'd hate to see London lose an hour of CNNToday.

#42 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

I think it was just today. I hope the 0900CET CNN Today is with both anchors not just one like today.

Anjali is on WNA now, no Andrew.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#43 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

Max for World News.
Anjali now for World News Asia.

I do not get it.
Where are Andrew and Adrian? What is going on?

And drop that "Gustav" graphic, it is boring, rest of the picture looks very small. Media-spin is great, breaking news is cool, but come on now CNNi, out-of-place graphic (use metric at least, it is CNNi, not CNN U/S) - is for Bloomberg TV channel with a lot of useful information that changes every second, not for CNNi even without yellow breaking news ticker.

ETA: "Gustav" graphic is now gone. Thank you! Now I can see Anjali! :D

#44 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:30 AM

I do not get it.
Where are Andrew and Adrian? What is going on?

Adrian and Andrew was on TOGETHER from Hong Kong and London at I guess 12,00 CET .

#45 Mike

Mike

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

ETA: "Gustav" graphic is now gone. Thank you! Now I can see Anjali! :D

Hmmmm... that useless bar is still on my Tv screen and it starts to get annoying after a whole morning when you’re trying to watch the real news and Gustav “gets on the way”. Other than that i like the changes so far, just one complaint. I don’t get the point to place Kristie solo for the first hour of CNN Today then Hugh, both separately. Is this a permanent change i would approve? Nope. :| Also i hope CNN Today London doesn’t lose an hour like it just happened today. :?

#46 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:25 PM

Adrian and Andrew was on TOGETHER from Hong Kong and London at I guess 12,00 CET .

My EPG shows me that WBT was at 09:30CET, and yeah, I saw that, nice tweaking and pretty cool.
But what happened to them after that? Why 2 mayor anchors are doing 30 (!) minutes show together and then are just gone?

Another WBT is coming in 8 minutes, so let's see what's the deal with all that mix of different anchors is all about.

ETA: Adrian, Andrew plus Maggie Lake are back. I don't remember seeing Adrian so late, that is nice.

#47 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

Hmmmm... that useless bar is still on my Tv screen and it starts to get annoying after a whole morning when you’re trying to watch the real news and Gustav “gets on the way”.

It comes and goes.
Maybe production team just cannot decide what to do with it. "Guys, why are we doing it, we should get rid of it - it is stupid and distracts viewers. OK..... /in 5 minutes/ PUT IT BACK ON!!! IT IS SO COOL!!!!111one"
At least they are not simulcasting CNN U/S.

#48 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

I like the new format of WBT. I dont agree with the decision of replacing WN at the top of the hour with random shows. No WN at 15.00 CET & 05.00 CET is not a good decision.
It seems that we will have only 3 hours/ day from Atlanta. So less Hala Gorani, Jim Clancy, M. Holmes and Colleen McEdwards. :(

#49 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

I wonder if this solo anchor of YWT will become or is the new format of YWT? Or it is just a phase till the USA elections end up? :?
Looking into other News Channels, like BBC NEWS or SKYNEWS, it seems they have left the double anchoring team format some time ago, maybe CNNI is on the same path.
Posted Image

#50 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

I'm afraid it's now official, no more double anchored YWT. It's Jim for the first edition and Hala for the second which stinks. What about Michael and Colleen??? :evil: They are obviously both in Atlanta but not on YWT anymore. Maybe they'll do it on weekends, but I dobubt they will be together. At least they could put Jim and Hala tohether for 3 hours of YWT.

Also I think Adrian is now underused, he's gone from doing almost 3 hours of news every day to just 2 half hour business shows which he does with Andrew. So no more banter with weather people and other news from Adrian.

One more thing that annoys me is the thing with CNN Today London. If it really is one hour shorter and plus today the new 0900CET edition was done only by Max.

As for HK I'm sure Hugh and Kristie will be together, they just split them couse of AC 360 special today.

We'll see how will they ruin the evening schedule.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#51 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

Weird changes today... :evil:

Here are the things that I dislike:
- Way too much “World Sport”, especially in the morning CET. Who wants to see half an hour of sports news for breakfast!?
- 9.00 another half-hour of “CNN Today” - Max anchoring solo, 10.00 “World News” from London with Sasha and 12.00 “World News” from London with Max again - Are you kidding me? That doesn't make any sense at all. Where is the consistency?! A couple of years ago all 30-minutes-news-programmes were called “World News” and anchored from CNN Center. That was kind of memorable and brand-ish. I miss somehow the regularity. “World News” is no CNN signature programme any more when it is presented from different locations with changing anchors that are technically responsible for other programmes. Kaushal Patal was already on duty at CNN Center this morning. Why not letting her or Rosemary anchor these shows?!
- Adrian has apparently been demoted. He is a great anchor though... Co-anchoring WBT twice a day for 30 minutes is definitively mental underload for him.
- I hate the solo-anchoring on YWT. Worst decision on CNN ever! YWT used to be a great show after its launch, with a lot of live-reports, interviews, Q&A-segments, analysis... Regrettably the demise of this former flagship-programme is not new... Btw: What happened to Michael and Colleen? They just disappeared a couple of weeks ago.

I'm really looking forward to the new evening line-up. When I reckon all these awful schedule changes, which have already happened today, I'm afraid they'll put Charles Hodson on to solo-anchor the marathon from 20.00 to midnight... :roll:

#52 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

And in addition to my previous criticism: It's a shame that CNN makes major changes like those we've seen today without any announcement. What the hell are they thinking?!

#53 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

Charles is doing BI.

#54 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:09 PM

I can't believe this... :roll: Charles anchoring BI... the headlines on screen are blue - looks awful :shock:

Those folks at CNN are obviously completely out of their minds :(

Posted Image

#55 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

Sorry for this posting-rant... :oops: ...but I have to add another thing:

I hate it that the headlines are no longer at the bottom of the hour (where they belong), but 7 or 8 minutes earlier. Doesn't make any sense to me...

#56 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

I hate it that the headlines are no longer at the bottom of the hour (where they belong), but 7 or 8 minutes earlier. Doesn't make any sense to me...

CNN uses "special" clock. :evil:

#57 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

Charles Hodson for whole hour - you have to be kidding me!
Adrian - 2 x 30 min. slots per day co-anchoring?! He is a great anchor, he has covered a lot of Breaking News, conducted impressive interviews and has a great sense of humour. Whom did he piss off to get all that? I need my Adrian - Jenny fix.

"Gustav" graphic - it is back and is still dreadful. Why is it there? It is category 2 now, just drop it!

Mish-mash with Max and Sasha in the morning - why are they constantly switching them? It makes my brain hurt.

Too much "World Sport". There are a lot of sport-channels. CNNi is not a sport-channel. 2 and half hours of sport in 24 hours! Sport in the middle of morning show - why?! Are there a lot of sports fan who are totally dying for their daily dose of sport early in the morning? Olympics ended a week ago, get over it! Stick to news, consistency (I cannot even tell if it is top of the hour with "special" CNN clock) and trusted anchors.

And no mentioning from anybody about new schedule?!

Not impressed CNNi, not impressed at all. Co-anchoring from different time zones is pretty nice idea, evolve it into something good.

ETA: "Gustav" is gone again.

#58 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:27 PM

It's hard to say whether technical issues prevented London from broadcasting the first hour of CNN Today Europe, or if they've decided to let Max and Monita sleep in an hour later and let Hong Kong produce the first hour.

Speaking of London, the set now has blue lighting below the rear projection display like Atlanta. I still am not a fan of the blue lighting unless if they do away with the color scheme entirely.

World Business Today sounds really cool with two anchors in London and Hong Kong, but I'm usually asleep for that, so I probably won't be able to see that until I'm overseas again.

It should be interesting to see what else is coming over the next few weeks.

Edit: When World News Europe came back at the half-hour, they used the old extended intro for the Headlines, only it showed "World News Europe" at the end instead.

#59 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:35 PM

The good thing is we'll get more Monita during normal hours not only before 0900CET. Sasha is only doing Mondays.

I like the evening line up so far, BI is now really A BUSINESS show and that's why they are using blue graphics. Charles is their main business anchor and it makes sense for him to do it.

Now I don't understand what is Becky gonna do. She's on WNE now ,I guess filling in for Fiounnalla.

BTW , I like the new evening background in London and the one of the City used on WBT. Also I like that they are using only the newswall as the background in London, not that combo with the plasma screen which is behind Max on CNN Today.

#60 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

The good thing is we'll get more Monita during normal hours not only before 0900CET. Sasha is only doing Mondays.

I like the evening line up so far, BI is now really A BUSINESS show and that's why they are using blue graphics. Charles is their main business anchor and it makes sense for him to do it.

Now I don't understand what is Becky gonna do. She's on WNE now ,I guess filling in for Fiounnalla.

BTW , I like the new evening background in London and the one of the City used on WBT.

Wait, has Business International gone back to being a business programme? Wow, isn't that refreshing.

What do you mean about the backdrops in London? I've been watching World News Europe this hour and all the screens seem to be showing that dominating blue CNN 3D backdrop.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users