4081 replies to this topic

#1041 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

From 2amET cnnasiapacific is saying it is Royal Wedding coverage, not World Report. Thats why I think it's stupid coming from Atlanta. If more than a token amount of time is to be spent on other news great, but Royal Wedding Coverage to me means no more than a token amount of time spent on other news

#1042 Hamil

Hamil

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

There seems to be some confusion, not helped by a couple of schedules on CNN.com. The CNN Asia Pacific website and the schedule for Europe, Middle East and Africa have differing schedules. In addition, those 2 schedules are different to the promos currently running and the airtimes for coverage on the CNN.com homepage - both of which say the coverage starts at 0800 GMT (0900 London). I hope the promos and CNN.com homepage are correct, as starting coverage any earlier for an international broadcast would be quite absurd in my opinion. BBC News and Sky News have been advertising their coverage starting at 0500 GMT (0600 London), but that's quite acceptable for the domestic audience.

#1043 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:58 AM

cnn.com update shows MME and Marketplace Africa now dropped on Friday. Otherwise as cnnasiapacific which I posted on the previous page

The Backstory repeat at 12.30amET is dropped for a 1 hour WR. It's WR at 12/1amET then 'LIVE EVENT' at 2am/3am which means Royal Wedding Coverage to me. The advertised start time seems to be for coverage from London. The 2/3amET hours just seem really wierd

#1044 Dabir

Dabir

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

So it seems the 0600 GMT and 0700 GMT hours titled "Live Event" is the pre-wedding coverage coverage Rosemary mentioned. This will also be simulcast on CNNUS as well, but I don't think it's necessary to have 2 hours of coverage counting down to the "actual" coverage starting. CNNI should just stick with their normal news format until 0800 GMT. :Yes:

#1045 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:20 AM

Personally I would have gone for 1 anchor in London for the build-up/atmosphere and 1 in Atlanta for other news until 8amUK which is when WR usually ends. Maybe 35-40% of each hour from London. Then have started wedding build up, but with 10 minute updates of other news for the first couple of hours

#1046 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

The problems of using tweets which only tell part of what is happenning :oops:

Isha has now tweeted she will be anchoring midnight-3am. Assuming that is Eastern Time then it covers 3 of Rosie and Johns 4 hours
http://twitter.com/#!/IshaSesayCNN/status/62716875422961665

#1047 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

Max said on Twitter he'll do coverage from 6 till 9 am CET with Isha and reporters on all key locations. Monita also said she'll be live from 7 am CET. I guess they will all be in different locations.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#1048 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:38 AM

YES Rosie and John are co anchoring together 0100 EST time for the Royal Wedding Pre show ,just seen a preview and it looks good.

#1049 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:55 AM

2 showing of Marketplace Africa were lost yesterday due to Royal Wedding coverage. But of course that can't be allowed to happen ;)

Sat 7pmET and Sun 2pmET WR's cut down to 15 minutes to allow for replacement Marketplace Africa slots. Really annoying when precious weekend news time gets cut to replay taped shows for the millionth time! Why not cancel it this week if the remaining scheduled slots aren't enough?

The showing at 7.15pmET tonight is particularly annoying when Your Money is on at 8pmET and they frequently cancel that. Could have had an extra WR at 8pmET, followed by Marketplace Africa and another taped show. Also most of Africa will be asleep then

#1050 ukjds

ukjds

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

Prism being co-anchored by Errol Barnett and Rima Maktabi. Is this the first time she has properly anchored news for CNN rather than just contributed?
Be sure to check out my YouTube channel for presentation from AJE, the BBC and CNN. Updated: 12th September.

#1051 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

Extra World Report aired at 11pm ET, pushing World Sport a half hour later. Colleen anchored.

#1052 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

Dan Rivers hosting a Freedom Project special program "Sex Slavery: A Family Business".
Also, remember Christiane Amanpour did some special reporting on bin Laden and Taliban a few years back? CNNI airing that special program "In the Footsteps of bin Laden" today.

Edited by Junk Junk., 06 May 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#1053 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

wolfblitzercnn Wolf Blitzer Great News. Starting June 6, @CNNSitRoom goes global on CNNI again. Just announced. More exciting details to follow.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#1054 ukjds

ukjds

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

Presumably it will go in at 2300 GMT - as the holy grails of BackStory and World Sport cannot be touched, pushing the HK Morning WR back even further.
Be sure to check out my YouTube channel for presentation from AJE, the BBC and CNN. Updated: 12th September.

#1055 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

Moving Backstory earlier in the schedule I don't think would be to much of an issue - it airs quite late, at 11pm in Continental Europe. Maybe Continental Europe is different, but here in the UK 11pm is certainly not primetime. 2200UK/5pmET would probably the best slot for The Sit Room if its coming back, with CTW/Backstory/WS an hour earlier as has been suggested by someone before. I agree that WR should remain at 6pmET for Asian viewers, and myself who likes a late news before I go to bed :D

But should we even assume TSR will be live on CNNI. I'm sure we all remember when it was shown 3 hours after CNN/US ;)

Hopefully an airing of Piers Morgan Tonight gets dropped to let TSR back in the schedule. But I wouldn't put it past CNNI to drop the 6pmET WR without replacement in favour of TSR

#1056 wetsom

wetsom

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

Haha...Situation Room now airing ! :lol:

Edited by wetsom, 09 May 2011 - 10:08 PM.

#1057 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

^^I have a feeling TSR is being simulcast today because of some new details in bin Laden story and due to the fact Wolf is reporting from Germany, not necessarily a sign of what might happen to CNNI schedule from June 6.

Edited by newser, 09 May 2011 - 10:34 PM.

#1058 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

Presumably it will go in at 2300 GMT - as the holy grails of BackStory and World Sport cannot be touched, pushing the HK Morning WR back even further.

Well if that is the case I won't be watching pretty much any more of CNNI than I am at present and that is scaling down anyway. Another backward move for CNNI IMO. Yawn, those that say TSR covers more International news and events must be referring to when breaking news or a big international story is taking place. Anyway we can agree to disagree on this topic. The result is backward step for Asia Pacific veiwers.

#1059 Hamil

Hamil

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

I'm not a fan of TSR and celebrated when it left CNNI. If it has to return, the best scenario for me would be to dump the live simulcast of PMT and move both World Reports from Hong Kong and World Business Today back an hour, allowing the 6pm hour of TSR to air following BackStory and World Sport. It's not ideal for the Asia Pacific region to have to wake up to TSR, but at least it would be live news (plus the added bonus of getting rid of an edition of Piers Morgan Tonight).

#1060 wetsom

wetsom

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

Haha...Situation Room now airing ! :lol:

Situation Room again, because Wolf is in Europe.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users