Photo

Don Riddell

219 replies to this topic

#41 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

The London center is very strong once again, so many anchors and reporters are there now. :shock:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#42 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:16 PM

The London center is very strong once again, so many anchors and reporters are there now. :shock:

...most of whom don't have a slot, though, unfortunately. Max, Monita, Adrian, Sasha, Paula, Becky, and Fionnuala.

#43 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:39 AM

patience,please

#44 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:14 PM

True. If I were the boss, I would put Monita and Adrian for the 3rd and 4th hour of CNNtoday; scrapping the World News and World Sport inbetween, send Max as a correspondent for European Politics, which has been vacant after Robin Oakley left. Becky gets the new show. Sasha could be the lead substitute anchor for all of the shows, and i would fire Finn (sorry guys). Instead of her show, a new one from HK.

#45 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

True. If I were the boss, I would put Monita and Adrian for the 3rd and 4th hour of CNNtoday; scrapping the World News and World Sport inbetween, send Max as a correspondent for European Politics, which has been vacant after Robin Oakley left. Becky gets the new show. Sasha could be the lead substitute anchor for all of the shows, and i would fire Finn (sorry guys). Instead of her show, a new one from HK.( I know thats a little harsh, but it's an economy is distress)

I think you hit the nail on the head with what would be a good situation. I would also hire a new male anchor for CNN Today HK, why split the two shows, it doesn't make sense. Or get Andrew to anchor with Krisite and get Manisha to do WBT. Get Anna to sub. Get London an hour earlier like it used to be.

CNN Today = breakfast show. Zain and Don did it very well today, I must say. CNN Today = lunchtime show, which it would be if it is anchored at 12 noon local time from HK.

I also do think that there is a vacuum in the European schedule after Today with Zain and Don, where things don't seem too right.

Back to the topic of Don though. I think he is a fresh change, and may actually be good from Max's dry humour. I just am not used to it yet, though I'm sure they will work out well. They just need Jen with the weather now.

#46 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:39 AM

The impression of Don being a dull lightweight remains, especially when he keeps stealing Zain's lines, twice in two minutes this morning.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#47 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

To all @zainverjee fans - I didn't steal her lines today, the director just kept on cutting her camera to air. I guess he's a fan too!

My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#48 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

Thanks Arrapere and i give Don a full apology, it's all I can do.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#49 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:22 AM

Don was doing a great show alone today-well done Don :D

#50 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

Don loves Thai-food :lol:

#51 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

Posted Image

#52 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

Don reported earlier live from a London protest. The video looked stretched, like it was 16:9 but not cropped properly.

#53 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

Did anyone watch that report on that new movie with Bruno the gay character??? He was asked by a cnn reporter to give fashion tips to Don and Zain and he said some funny stuff. It will be shown today a lot I'm sure.

What did Zain and Don say after the report this morning???
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#54 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

I just saw this on YWT. I can't remember what he said about Don and Zain, but I thought it was funny. :)
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#55 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

He made fun of his red tie and suggested he's gay too and about Zain he suggested she should show off her breasts more. :oops:

#56 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

Did anyone watch that report on that new movie with Bruno the gay character??? He was asked by a cnn reporter to give fashion tips to Don and Zain and he said some funny stuff. It will be shown today a lot I'm sure.

What did Zain and Don say after the report this morning???

Don had to also explain to Zain that the club Fridge in Brixton was a gay club

#57 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:25 AM

Don's profile is finally updated on the CNN website to say he co-hosts CNN Today with Zain

#58 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:43 AM

Haven't had caps of him in a while:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#59 Houston

Houston

Administrator