Photo

Quest Means Business

304 replies to this topic

#21 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

It's too long, I agree. Business Quest would be great.
I was hoping for a return of Business Central, that was the best name.

This one sounds like something from CNN US prime time. The cheesiest name ever is No Bull No Bias for Campbel Brown's show. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#22 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:29 AM

Why is this program being launched so quietly? I can't find anything about it on CNN.com, nor has it been mentioned at all on CNNI. I haven't seen a promo for it, except for Davos 2009 in general, and still, all they mention in that is that Hodson, Questy, and Amanpour will be there.

#23 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:02 AM

^^

I've noticed that. They haven't launched a new general/live programme in 5 years. Not even Amanpour's programmes or the International Newsdesk.
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#24 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

It's too long, I agree. Business Quest would be great.
I was hoping for a return of Business Central, that was the best name.

This one sounds like something from CNN US prime time. The cheesiest name ever is No Bull No Bias for Campbel Brown's show. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That had a nice opening I can remember.

Btw. Cheesy... are you from England?
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#25 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

The first mention of this new show on CNN happened few minutes ago. Isha said it airs less than 2 hours from now and about Davos.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#26 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:17 PM

Love it so far, the music is like old CNN (pre 2006) and Fiounnala is doing news updates from London. Will be interesting to see how they use the set.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#27 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

Love it so far, the music is like old CNN (pre 2006) and Fiounnala is doing news updates from London. Will be interesting to see how they use the set.

The music is so American.

Did I notice a little bit of the CNN reconition sound?
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#28 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:42 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

Thanks muchly for the caps. Did anyone make videos or capture the music? I didn't get to see it today!!!
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#30 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:44 AM

I missed it as well. I'll try to grab some videos tomorrow if nobody else does.

#31 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:03 AM

I'd like to hear and see what all the fuss was about too! :-)

#32 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

I love the theme! If this is an indication of new music we'll hear on CNNI, bring it on! For those yet to see the open and hear the theme music:

Or click here for higher quality.

#33 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

I love the music too, it's a perfect mix of CNN pre 2006 music (bells from Business International), some american elements and that piano theme used after 2006.
There are many parts of the theme and they are used for breaks. We need to record them. I think they will play more music next week when they use the London set.

#34 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

I love the music too, it's a perfect mix of CNN pre 2006 music (bells from Business International), some american elements and that piano theme used after 2006.
There are many parts of the theme and they are used for breaks. We need to record them. I think they will play more music next week when they use the London set.

It's not bad but I think they had better made somewhat modern kind of music like Weather FX had.
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#35 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

You might have noticed that our latest member lauratheexpat had one of her questions mentioned on QMB today. My word of the day didn't get a look in though... :cry:

#36 daryl

daryl

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:40 AM

Great show!

#37 lauratheexpat

lauratheexpat

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

You might have noticed that our latest member lauratheexpat had one of her questions mentioned on QMB today. My word of the day didn't get a look in though... :cry:

Yeah, that was quite a surprise! Richard also sent me a reply in response to another comment I made. Yes, that actually IS him on the other end... :D

I'm enjoying the words of the day too...really fun for people who like wordplay, I think! Morpium keeps coming up with good ones...I think for right now Richard and co. are keeping them rather on the basic side and are not trying to expand our vocabularies...

#38 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:51 AM

They are doing a great job in using the London set. Richard walks out of the newsroom and stands next to the newswall then goes and sits to the desk. In the end he stands in front of the desk and goes back into the newsroom (behind the wall). The set looks great, they removed those 2 chairs and the blue floor and the graphics on the newswall and plasma screens are great too.

#39 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:46 AM

They are doing a great job in using the London set. Richard walks out of the newsroom and stands next to the newswall then goes and sits to the desk. In the end he stands in front of the desk and goes back into the newsroom (behind the wall). The set looks great, they removed those 2 chairs and the blue floor and the graphics on the newswall and plasma screens are great too.

Hey Ginnyfan id your profile pic of Monita and Pedro Pinto ?? Or am I seeing things!!!1

#40 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

Yes, they are married. Didn't you know that?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users