303 replies to this topic

#41 lauratheexpat

lauratheexpat

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

Yes, they are married. Didn't you know that?

Actually, I didn't know that either! I knew they dated but had no idea that they were hitched.

Back on topic--I think Richard should keep that little bell he had on his desk last night. It's not quite the "bong" from Big Ben that opened the old Business Central show, but I think he can find all sorts of ways to incorporate it into the show... :lol:

#42 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:06 AM

It was so funny when Richard popped out from behind that wall. I love how they use the set, hope to make some caps tonight.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#43 tvnewsroomnz

tvnewsroomnz

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:37 PM

Could you post a video of the opening and closing too? Im unaware of when its on and would like to see!

#44 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

Could you post a video of the opening and closing too? Im unaware of when its on and would like to see!

There's any opening and closing posted a couple of posts above. it looks like it was when the show was from Davos.

Is the open any different to the when it is in the studio?

#45 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

First Richard comes out of the wall and stands in front of the newswall to tell us the headlines. Then they roll the opening and he starts sitting at the desk.

In the end he stands in front of the desk while the camera moves around him and in the end he walks behind the wall into the newsroom just like in the beginning.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#46 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:08 AM

I recorded the show from Tuesday and grabbed the playoffs to commercials etc, but my recording suffered a small stroke. I managed to salvage the open and close, as well as the caps below.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was nervous to read about the plans to have Richard move about a lot, but it works really well. They use the set practically, and sort of give Richard a reason to move about. I'd imagine the show would be a lot less engaging if it was stuck at the desk for the whole hour.

Or click here for higher quality.

#47 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:39 AM

For once, that blue below the video wall matches the graphics perfectly. I haven't seen the program yet, but those photos make it real promising. They should of used the sets like this before they started adding all those changes.

#48 The Workaholic

The Workaholic

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:49 AM

On Tuesday's show there was a real cameraman with a camera on his shoulder to follow Quest's movements !

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

click to enlarge !

#49 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

Wow, that's a really cool open! I had no idea that there was an entrance to the studio behind the soft area of the set. I also like how he sits in the middle of the desk instead of to the right like Monita during World News. I still have yet to see an entire episode of QMB, but this looks very good, and the London set looks very nice! I am impressed with CNNI's increase of business content over the last few months and I now have optimism that CNNI's new imaging will turn out alright.

Thanks for the video and caps, everyone.

#50 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:38 AM

I also like how he sits in the middle of the desk instead of to the right like Monita during World News.

It may seem like a small thing, and it probably is in the scheme of things, but I cannot describe how much it grinds me when a solo anchor doesn't sit dead center. It looks so much better having just the main videowall as the background. I guess it all comes down to the individual director?!?

#51 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:47 AM

I also like how he sits in the middle of the desk instead of to the right like Monita during World News.

It may seem like a small thing, and it probably is in the scheme of things, but I cannot describe how much it grinds me when a solo anchor doesn't sit dead center. It looks so much better having just the main videowall as the background. I guess it all comes down to the individual director?!?

That bothers me so much, too, especially on local US news channels because their sets are more symmetric than CNNI's, making the newscast look really weird.

I think the reason why Max/Monita on World News sit to the right is that the desk is already set up for dual anchors from CNN Today, and while they could change it, it is probably easier to just keep the chair to the right where it is than to readjust the chair and camera angles.

#52 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:52 AM

It is soooooooooooooooooo Richard!

Maybe he should do this show from a specialy made set that looks like an office of a CEO, with nice brown wooden finish (just think about the conference room of the apprentice)
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#53 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:55 AM

For once, that blue below the video wall matches the graphics perfectly. I haven't seen the program yet, but those photos make it real promising. They should of used the sets like this before they started adding all those changes.

Hey a little confused, it is not a whole new set, just the backdrops change, I haven't had a chance to see the new show yet but it looks good. You are right it looks good in the pics.

#54 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:12 AM

Hey a little confused, it is not a whole new set, just the backdrops change, I haven't had a chance to see the new show yet but it looks good. You are right it looks good in the pics.

I know it's just a backdrop change. I was talking about the color panels they had used before they started changing the set to white and blue.

One pet peeve, they need to format their graphics to fit those 16:9 monitors in the studio. I hate it when they stretch the picture out to fit the monitor. At least crop it so it's in the correct aspect ratio.

#55 lauratheexpat

lauratheexpat

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:40 AM

Morpium almost got his word of the day suggestion picked last night, but Quest and co. decided to go with its opposite! Given the tone of the program, "pessimist" was the proper word choice. Pretty soon he's going to have to use "depression," the one that refers to the state of one's mental health rather than the state of the economy.

Having seen the show in its regular London setting for two nights, I have to agree that it really does work with Richard moving around the way he does. It suits him. He's not the kind of person that can sit still for very long...plus it makes for a much more quickly-paced show.

#56 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:10 AM

Now that's a marvelous way to use the set with the walking around. At least a great "intermission" while we wait for the CNN Centre's set to be revamped. Outside election coverage, I haven't seen the New York set used quite the way QMB used the London set. I would suggest though that they let the desk a little bit more to the right.
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#57 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:48 PM

The QMB opening title is one big mess. It looks absolutely horrible. Even the CNN tone dropped in there can't save it.

And you know what? In a year's time, this program is probably gonna go the way of Biz Central and BizNews. Don't get me wrong, I think Questy's great, but my money is on him getting sick of anchoring soon and then going out in the field, and then coming back into the studio, and then out in the field... you see where I'm going with this.
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#58 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

I think the opening and closing is realy great!

I think the leather map looks funny. It gives the show a buissness feel.
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#59 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

My tweet has been read in QMB!!!!!

Does anyone "taped" it?
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#60 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

My tweet has been read in QMB!!!!!

Does anyone "taped" it?

I was the one who Richard mentioned as well! I asked him to touch his ear or tie. I got your tweet on tape and will upload the video in a moment djthproductions!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users