59 replies to this topic

#21 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

A couple of livestation caps. Not a normal Bloomberg viewer, but was rather surprised to see them doing a segment on football (albeit the business of football) in the middle of sharp stock market falls. Sort of thing I'd expect CNNI to do!

Attached Files

Edited by excel99, 19 August 2011 - 08:45 AM.

#22 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

Bloomberg livestream now avaible in HD thru Apple TV in USA apple store not sure on nz or others

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#23 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

It's globally available.

Yet it seems that the streamed channel is Bloomberg US as opposed to the regional variant (in my case, Bloomberg Asia). This guess is made from looking at the timetable shown on Apple TV, which says that Charlie Rose is on at noon HKT (vs. 11p HKT usually on Bloomberg Asia), and infomercials during what should be the European opening hours.

previosuly kev

#24 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

It's globally available.
Yet it seems that the streamed channel is Bloomberg US as opposed to the regional variant (in my case, Bloomberg Asia). This guess is made from looking at the timetable shown on Apple TV, which says that Charlie Rose is on at noon HKT (vs. 11p HKT usually on Bloomberg Asia), and infomercials during what should be the European opening hours.

Who cares it's an extra channel I didn't have before. Anyway if you have an iPod. iPad. iPhone you can allways stream your local variant through the bloombergs website

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#25 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

Recently I started paying attention to Bloomerg and actually watching and really like it. There's something about it that reminds me of early 00s CNN. Maybe it's a lot of double headed shows, or the newsroom bound sets, or the great banter, or the graphics, music, idents etc. The schedule structure of the schedule is also the same, HK in the mornings, London in the mornings, US based shows later on. There's also quite a few old CNNers.

Just wish it would go widescreen. The version I get (European I guess) is still in 4:3.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#26 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

I don't really watch the TV network at all, but I've started to love their website and social media outlets, especially for Bloomberg Businessweek. They always have a lot of really interesting and smart articles with just the right amount of snark.

I read this article a while ago about their new strategy. Apparently they're trying to rebrand Bloomberg TV to be as "cool" as Businessweek:

http://adage.com/art...udience/296078/

#27 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

Bloomberg TV in Asia-Pacific has changed their stock graphics & info this week, and it is now in 16:9 and resembled Bloomberg HD in the United States.

#28 danifrench

danifrench

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

There's also quite a few old CNNers.

HI

As far as I know there are 2 former journalists from cnn on this network: Emily Chang and Ayesha Durgahee

#29 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

^^^ Also Ryan Chilcote.

BTW, Bloomberg Europe has gone widescreen with new graphics and on screen gizmos.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#30 danifrench

danifrench

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:52 PM

Hi guys

You can add to the list of former CNN journalists Ramy Inocencio, i just watched him on street smart

#31 TheNEWS

TheNEWS

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:11 PM

Bloomberg's Market Makers has new look, styled by the Bloomberg Marketday and What do you Miss? graphics. They also are using the new part of the set. This is another set of changes since May 2015. Maybe from next week we are going to see the return of the ticker on-screen?

"There'll be no frolicking on QUEST MEANS BUSINESS" - Richard Quest to Paul La Monica on Tuesday August 11th.

This is CNN - Where the news always comes first.

#32 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:18 PM

To me this looks like a temporary set. It is very small with the old desk and a few panels and screens around it. There are no wide shots and market updates are done from inside the newsroom. Maybe they are revamping the main set?

vlcsnap_2015_08_24_17h25m34s122.pngvlcsnap_2015_08_24_19h01m21s247.png 

vlcsnap_2015_08_24_19h01m25s31.pngvlcsnap_2015_08_24_19h05m07s199.png

#33 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

It definitely is a temporary set. Surveillance was also in a new, made up temporary space. Really hope they make a great new set that includes the newsroom though I loved the old one and how they used it. CNN could learn a thing or two.

#34 TheNEWS

TheNEWS

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:06 PM

Maybe with the new set they will bring back the 2 stock tickers on all feeds, they were used before 2007.

Edited by TheNEWS, 25 August 2015 - 06:07 PM.

"There'll be no frolicking on QUEST MEANS BUSINESS" - Richard Quest to Paul La Monica on Tuesday August 11th.

#35 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:17 PM

According to Stephanie Ruhle's Twitter, Bloomberg will have a new line-up from October 5. She's also using this #bloomberggo hashtag which is probably a new show. I don't want her to leave Market Makers. :no:

I guess the new set will debut on October 5 as well.

https://twitter.com/...le/with_replies

#36 TheNEWS

TheNEWS

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:10 PM

And maybe we could see a return of the tickers on the datascreen

#37 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

Good news is that Steph is staying on Market Makers as she confirmed to me on Twitter.

#38 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:50 PM

Bloomberg Television planning new morning show

http://talkingbiznew...w-morning-show/

Bloomberg NY shows move to temp sets

http://www.newscasts...e-to-temp-sets/

#39 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:07 PM

Bloomberg Presses ‘Go’ On Morning Show Co-Hosted By Former ABC News Chief

http://variety.com/2...how-1201598347/

#40 TheNEWS

TheNEWS

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:50 AM

Bloomberg is set to lanuch 2 new channels this october:

- Bloomberg TV Bulgaria (with Bulgaria On Air)

- Bloomberg TV Philippines (with MediaQuest Holdings, owners of BusinessWorld) on October 5th alongside the new morning show on Bloomberg called Bloomberg Go.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users