266 replies to this topic

#261 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

I'm not with Facebook though, way to social for me. As a matter of fact, I probably have more to say on this forum than I have to say with my friends. I've always found it more interesting to listen when speaking in person with others. Tend to learn more, I've always found.

I totally agree with you about Facebook. That is way too social! I tried it - thought I would like engaging with fellow viewers about some of my favorite cable shows. Most facebook commenting on cable tv news shows is filled with mindless trolls spouting ideological opinions. It just wasn't interesting. On the personal side, it seems you get more out of facebook by revealing more of yourself, that makes me uncomfortable really. So, I deleted my Facebook account just to avoid all the privacy issues.

I'll hang in there with Twitter.

#262 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

^^ It doesn't really take a genius to see a pattern of someone who starts posting messages in the early hours when they begin work.

No, but it takes someone who cares more than I do about it.

Just reread this & it may be a little harsh. It's just not my area of interest -- I probably can tell you about the ME reporters twitter habits.

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 08 June 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#263 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

I don't send out messages very often mostly because I find it intellectually arduous to distill my thoughts into 140 characters. By the time I revise my tweet 26 times to fit in the character limit, I just say "screw it, the moment's gone". On the other hand, when I am inspired to say something brief, it is usually when a media or political person irritates me and my tweets are impulsively constructed. No good comes of that ;)

I actually missed this post due to the page change.

Ding, ding, ding! I think I understand.
I can absolutely see you having an issue with 140 characters. Your writing style is very distinctive and colorful and I have to say, I quite like it when something irritates you - means we're in for an entertaining read.

#264 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Ding, ding, ding! I think I understand.
I can absolutely see you having an issue with 140 characters.

HAHA :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, the running joke among my friends and family...

I suffer from an affliction - I only speak in paragraphs.

#265 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

During his stints in Libya, Nick Robertson was well known for having 8 part Tweets. Maybe you could try that.

#266 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

During his stints in Libya, Nick Robertson was well known for having 8 part Tweets. Maybe you could try that.

Ha, that is awesome! I totally need to do that - eight part tweets. That cracks me up.

Darn you Twitter, I will defy your arbitrary, oppressive 140 character limit! Grrrr.

#267 TVman

TVman

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

CNN Ad Sales boss Rani Raad seems to support a military coup in Cairo judging by his Wednesday facebook status:

Rani R. Raad Looks like Egypt and the US may just end up having joint Independence Day celebrations.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users