266 replies to this topic

#21 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:02 AM

^^^ Yes, which is why he doesn't have any followers. Nor he doesn't want to follow people.

411 updates? It's probably stuff he don't want to share with the rest of the world, but what can I say.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#22 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:54 AM

Considering the content of his show - I bet he gets a lot of hate mail and would get tons of hate tweets. Wouldn't want the public reading those, eh?

I still can't believe CNN keeps him on. He needs get out of his elitist world and get in touch with reality. Even another hourof Blitzer would be an improvement.

#23 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:02 AM

Yes, I too want another hour of Wolf Blitzer.

If hate tweets are the only thing Lou's been getting lately (I'm going for this 110%), then someone made the right decision to keep it private.

"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."

#24 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:32 AM

Part of me does want to see what Lou has been talking to himself about. I just don't think I can bring myself to click follow tho. :-)

#25 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

http://twitter.com/jflorcruz
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#26 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:01 PM

I didn't know where to put this so feel free to move it. The most interesting bit for me is that CNN didn't even own the Twitter account until recently!

http://www.businessi... ... ers-2009-4

Hard to believe, but the CNN Twitter account racing Ashton Kutcher to 1 million subscribers wasn't even under CNN's (TWX) control until recently.

CNN confirms that it has has taken control of the @cnnbrk account -- and its 944,000 followers. CNN didn't disclose any financial details, but said it's been working with previous owner James Cox on the account for more than two years.

This is no-brainer for CNN, and we hope they paid Cox a lot of money for the account he's nurtured. By adding more stories to the feed -- and links to CNN's site -- CNN.com could generate hundreds of thousands of extra pageviews per day. (CNN isn't sure if it's going to add links in the near-term.)

Whoever is control of the account has been tinkering with it in the last hour or so, adding five CNN-owned or CNN reporter accounts to the ones it's following.

Not a coincidence: A recent tweet on Cox's account suggests he's recently visited CNN's HQ in Atlanta. "On the way home after a busy two days. Goodbye Atlanta!" Indeed, he's been at the CNN campus for the last few days talking about Twitter and social media.

#27 Jeffmister

Jeffmister

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:16 AM

Tweet from my Twitter account, which was then re-tweeted by our very own @CNNFanCentre account about Erica Hill & Larry King joining Twitter:

RT @Jeffmister: @CNNFanCentre Just letting you guys know, Erica Hill (@ehillcnn) & Larry King (@kingsthings) have both joined Twitter.

#28 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

btw; do only celebrities have twitter accounts?

#29 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:38 PM

hehe, good question but actually no, everyday people have too. If you join twitter, see the followers of this account: http://twitter.com/bbcnepal Most of them are from Nepal ;)

#30 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:54 PM

hehe, good question but actually no, everyday people have too. If you join twitter, see the followers of this account: http://twitter.com/bbcnepal Most of them are from Nepal ;-)

Thanks for that alexander; but i asked that in more of a sarcasm;) No, i must be one of the few teens who doesnt see the point of making a page; making people 'follow' you; as if you're some kind of bigshot celebrity(well, atleast for normal people); and all you basically do is update your 'followers' on what you are doing, or sharing your private life; and for what?? i dont see any valid reason for doing so. And i severely dislike all the people, and may i repeat all, literally, using twitter just to say, 'oh; i just farted, now be my fan!'.
But again, on the other side, its good to see people dear to us connecting with us, and that certainly is much much thanks to twitter. people like Mari are using it in a really innovative way, which is nice.
Oh, dont i deserve a cookie for that short argumentative piece??hehe ;-) :mrgreen:

#31 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:37 PM

^^ I could offer a rebuttal for all those points, but it's a neverending cycle. It's like everything and anything - some people will like it, others won't. But people who don't use twitter at all are usually the ones who lead the criticism and seem to be the ones who end up talking about it more than those who use it.

And in a way, everyone who posts here is doing what people on twitter do. I guarantee that at least one post from every member here contains a sentence about what they're doing, what they did, what they think etc. Basically what people on Twitter do. Only difference: you can easily ignore people by not following them or unfollowing them. ;-)

Honestly, if someone posts completely mundane things, I just stop following them. But there's some many great things you can learn from twitter too. People post links to new music, interesting articles from news sites I wouldn't normally read etc. Main point: the whole Twitter experience is only as good or bad as the people you choose to follow. :-)

Sorry for going off topic.

I must say that I am quite impressed with the way some CNNI anchors are using twitter. The only danger here is concentrating on it too much. I mean, really, it's just like email, only it's limited to 140 characters per message. I don't want to see too many tweets used on air, just like I don't want to see emails being read out every 15 mins.

One anchor, who shall remain nameless, tweeted about a story they were covering and asked what angle they should take. I'm not sure it's a good idea to be soliciting editorial decisions from people on twitter. Infact, I'm a bit annoyed by that tweet, especially when it came from someone who should have known better.

#32 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

Next new show - "tweetReport for CNN"

#33 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

Next new show - "tweetReport for CNN"

I see that as a possibility. :D

#34 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:55 AM

Part of me does want to see what Lou has been talking to himself about. I just don't think I can bring myself to click follow tho. :-)

I went ahead and did it...I was too interested to see how long or how short it would take for him to reject me.

#35 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:49 AM

http://twitter.com/cnnsaeed

Follow Saeed Ahmed, News Editor at CNN Wire, and you'll hear about breaking news at least 30 mins before it's reported on TV. It almost makes me smile when I hear "news just in" or "this just reaching us now". Especially when you read about the story from CNN's own people long before CNNI add it into their rundown.

Glad they dropped "be the first to know". :-P

#36 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:04 AM

How'd you find him? I see he filed a tweet about the Jamaica plane hostage situation almost an hour before I got a breaking news email or before CNNI broke the story.

Is he the editor of this: ? I used to subscribe to that RSS feed but they file so many stories in a day that it wasn't worth trying to keep up with it.

#37 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:25 AM

I was heading to bed after a loooooong day but this caught my eye. I was following Saeed's feed until I recently deleted my account by mistake. **It's a long story** I too was amazed at how some stories would be tweeted by him and then reported on CNN an hour later. I'm not talking about the first reports either, even when the story is confirmed, CNN will sit on a story for up to an hour. I just think it is weird. I used to think CNN was fast with stuff like that. I guess everyone did until things like twitter came along.
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#38 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

How'd you find him? I see he filed a tweet about the Jamaica plane hostage situation almost an hour before I got a breaking news email or before CNNI broke the story.

Is he the editor of this: ? I used to subscribe to that RSS feed but they file so many stories in a day that it wasn't worth trying to keep up with it.

I'm not sure. I think I started following him on the forum twitter account after I saw him with Jim on Your World Today. I thought I was following him on my own account as well, but I wasn't. I followed my own advice and am now. I think Saeed is one of Twitter's best kept secrets!

#39 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:56 AM

This is not a complete list, but it's a start: http://edition.cnn.com/twitter/

#40 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:42 AM

Guess who else joined twitter (or has been on twitter)

http://twitter.com/calperry

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users