802 replies to this topic

#761 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

The IDesk today with Ivan rWatson anchoring was from HK was 45 minutes plus 15 minutes of Sporttts

I know you don't take too much notice of these things CA, but what was the setup? News Stream style or at the desk?
h
You are right, I don't.  I only had eyes for him.  Hahaha

I think he was standing up and the camera was showing his upper torso and head only.

:) Thanks

#762 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:23 PM

From Ivan Watson's Instagram Account:

ivancnn"I'm Ron Burgundy?"
Spent a challenging week filling in as anchor for my talented, lovely colleague@klustout on #NewsStream. Putting on a daily news broadcast is far easier said than done. It requires a team of cool-headed journalists who can write quickly and improvise on the spot without melting down when something unexpected happens. And it doesn't hurt to have @alexdicker behind the camera telling the talking head where to stand... (Photo by @alexdicker - who incidentally just passed his driving test!!)

#763 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:25 PM

We're finally getting Ivan Watson's reports from Indonesia.  They were usurped by the Egypt Air crash coverage.  He's now in Rio.  Funny his Indonesia reports are airing while he'in Rio.  I'm sure he'll be doing local coverage of the Rio Olympics since he did Sochi.  Tough gig he has now.  Beats war reporting in many ways.  

#764 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

I think this may have also been Karl Penhaul's neck of the woods before he sent out a stupid tweet and got fired.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#765 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:09 PM

I think this may have also been Karl Penhaul's neck of the woods before he sent out a stupid tweet and got fired.

I know Karl did drug trafficking in SA reporting.

#766 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:46 PM

I think Penhaul  got fired  b/c he was being a major jerk to the French officials right after the plane crash in the Alps.  One of the blonds was suspended after a tweet that was critical of the Israelis harassing her.  And I think Jim Clancy did a tweet that was pro-Paletinian and was 

called to task.  I think Jim's leaving was a little more voluntary than Karl's.  But I could be wrong on Clancy and Penhaul.  Penhaul, by the way, is a real jerk.  

#767 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:27 PM

I think I probably agree with both their views, but don't say something on Twitter - like really? Honestly?

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#768 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:57 PM

I live in Egypt and almost all the folks I follow are media covering the ME.  So if I rarely get a troll from the Israeli side.when I criticize them. For sure I criticize the Arab states, too.  

#769 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:22 PM

CNNI had this video of Ivan Watson watching a German pair of sailors (women, of course) sailing in the Bay in Rio de Janeiro where the sailing races will take place.  It's a half an hour long.  Too long even for me.  I only lasted about 10 minutes but will watch more later.  

https://www.facebook...54165317689641/

#770 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:21 PM

As I'm sure you all figured out, Ivan Watson is in Brazil while Shasta Darlington is ... resting up before the Olympics?  Training?  It's nice to see him regularly again without the coat and tie.  He even has had the old floppy hair style.  

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 30 May 2016 - 09:40 PM.

#771 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:46 PM

I saw Shasta earlier today, I'm guessing they just want to amp up their coverage.

#772 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:00 AM

I saw Shasta earlier today, I'm guessing they just want to amp up their coverage.

If you saw her, then you're correct.  I hadn't seen her for a while. 

#773 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

I really like Shasta - she seems to have more knowledge and experience of Latin America than Rafael Romo who tries to cover the continent from another continent.

#774 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:13 PM

I really like Shasta - she seems to have more knowledge and experience of Latin America than Rafael Romo who tries to cover the continent from another continent.

He's an editor not a reporter so he only fills in when needed.  But yes, I think that reporters and anchors should live in the area they cover.  

#775 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:17 PM

He's an editor not a reporter so he only fills in when needed.  But yes, I think that reporters and anchors should live in the area they cover.  

Yeah, I just think some of the 'underdogs' at CNN should be put on the same pedestal or higher as the big names.

#776 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:18 PM

Who do you think are the underdogs?  Shasta?  

#777 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

Yeah, not just her though. To me it seems that some of the reporters and anchors are quite undervalued.

#778 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:27 PM

Well, Ivan Watson is back in the war zone.  This time in Afghanistan. Maybe he's gone there to investigate Orlando shooter's Afghanistan connection.

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 13 June 2016 - 06:39 PM.

#779 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

vlcsnap_2016_07_24_11h47m17s8.pngvlcsnap_2016_07_24_11h47m19s28.png

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#780 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:47 PM

I saw Mr. Watson was on the TV for two hours this am.  Missed it.  How did he do?  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users