#21 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

NBC nightly news SUNDAY
Broadcast live from the Los Angles newsroom.

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#22 NZCNNFan

NZCNNFan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

Slap a monitor on that NBC logo and you've got my favorite CNNi set

kxasmain.png

"The people who watch Fox are not going to watch CNN. You know, let's be honest" Fareed Zakaria

#23 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

@gittrich: New design. Great stories. Much more from @NBCNews’ big names. Coming soon… The new http://t.co/Sh2WlLzZwa

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#24 newdayproducer

newdayproducer

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

Can someone make a mock up of the current Today Show set?

News Junkie :geek:

I love all types of news: hard news, infotainment, analysis and much more. I love creating and tweaking news formats. I am a big fanatic of NBC in the morning, CNN in the late morning/ early afternoon Fox News in the evening at night.

Message me...I message back. :geek:

#25 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Looks like Meet The Press will no longer be hosted by David Gregory  http://www.usatoday....&dlvrit=206567 

#26 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

Ann Curry is leaving NBC ; which is not a surprise to me https://tv.yahoo.com...-203842743.html

#27 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

I thought she was fired months ago.  

#28 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:41 AM

I thought she was fired months ago.  

She was hanging around NBC News after being removed from the Today Show; she filled in a few times on Nightly News as late as Summer last year  ; she was pretty much waiting out her contract for 2 years. 

#29 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:39 AM

CNN money reporting that  Brian Williams  will staying at NBC though not at Nightly News   

#30 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:42 AM

Brian Stelter reporting that Brian Williams will be the 'face of MSNBC's news coverage'... essentially meaning he will anchor Breaking News and Special Reports. This is incredibly exciting for a news junkie like myself. I love Brian Williams, and think he is the best breaking news anchor in the history of television. This probably won't do much for MSNBC in the long term, but could increase ratings, considering nobody ever goes to MSNBC for breaking news. Watch out, CNN. Okay, not really but it might put a small dent in CNN and FOX over time.

Brian going up against Lester sometimes (when NBC Special Reports are on) would be very weird, and possibly tense

#31 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:55 AM

Brian Stelter reporting that Brian Williams will be the 'face of MSNBC's news coverage'... essentially meaning he will anchor Breaking News and Special Reports. This is incredibly exciting for a news junkie like myself. I love Brian Williams, and think he is the best breaking news anchor in the history of television. This probably won't do much for MSNBC in the long term, but could increase ratings, considering nobody ever goes to MSNBC for breaking news. Watch out, CNN. Okay, not really but it might put a small dent in CNN and FOX over time.

Brian going up against Lester sometimes (when NBC Special Reports are on) would be very weird, and possibly tense

That sounds like of like What Shepard Smith is on Fox News Channel (and fox network)  he breaks into programming to do live news and is a designated anchor for special reports.  It could help MSNBC , especially it  might look more credible (depending on how a person feels about Williams)  to have Williams do news coverage instead of one of the opinion hosts  that MSNBC has.  

#32 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:03 AM

It's kind funny how Lester Holt became the main host of a national news bulletin, in an accidental way. I mean who would have thought a year ago that this switch up would happen. Williams on MSNBC, Holt in his place.

Plus he's the first black news anchor to be in this coveted position, right? Granted, in this era of news channels and social media, network news bulletins and their hosts are not the force they used to be, but still it's a big thing.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#33 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:39 PM

It's official now with Lester Holt becoming the permanent NBC Nightly News anchor.  http://www.adweek.co...tly-news/263395

It's kind funny how Lester Holt became the main host of a national news bulletin, in an accidental way. I mean who would have thought a year ago that this switch up would happen. Williams on MSNBC, Holt in his place.

Plus he's the first black news anchor to be in this coveted position, right? Granted, in this era of news channels and social media, network news bulletins and their hosts are not the force they used to be, but still it's a big thing.

If someone said  last year that  Brian Williams would have been removed  from the NBC Nightly News and Lester Holt would be anchor, I would have said they were crazy ,all these events were unexpected.  And yes, Lester would be the first  solo African-American network weeknight anchor. 

#34 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:35 AM

They gave him an audition and he must have passed, yes?  They wouldn't have given him the job if he wasn't good, right?  I don't live in the US, so haven't seen him very often, but he seemed like he knew what he was doing.  

#35 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

He was a busy man at NBC News   doing Weekend Today, Weekend Nightly News , Dateline   and for years . I say he's a pretty good anchor 

#36 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:35 AM

Natalie Morales  is moving to LA to host Access Hollywood  and Acess Hollywood Live , replacing Billy Bush who is leaving to join the tons of people on the Today show, Natalie is staying on Today to be the "West Coast anchor"  link 

#37 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:32 AM

Rumors she may be joining CNN, or ABC News as a World News Tonight Weekend Anchor and then she makes this unexpected decision to join Access Hollywood, one of the most entertainment/tabloid shows on television. I always regarded Natalie as a serious journalist who was above the fluff and banter of morning television (much like Ann Curry) and I will find it very interesting how she will do covering entertainment stories full-time at AH and AH Live. As for "West Coast Anchor" of Today, I suspect she'll cover big stories and get exclusive interviews and reports but not be a constant presence such someone who would update the west coast feed of the show everytime there's breaking news or new developments. I also find it noteworthy Today will be dissolving the position of news anchor as New Day and CBS This Morning have. Letting the NEWS co-anchors do the NEWS update just makes sense.

#38 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:47 AM

From what I've seen of Acess Hollywood Live it's very talk show in feel ...  I am surprised at this move too , she has done the fluffy stuff on the show, the third hour for example, and she was part of the 4th hour way back when it started.  I just thought they were adding Billy Bush to their large amount of anchors and hosts not moving Natalie as well.  Dissolving the news anchor position on the Today Show  is interesting many of the next main hosts of Today were at the news reader position first.  

#39 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:03 AM

Billy Bush was rumoured as a replacement or rotating anchor for Willie Geist who is now anchoring six days a week with Sunday Today, in addition to co-hosting MSNBC's Morning Joe. I think that still stands and I doubt Today would have a 3:1 male to female ratio in Al, Willie, Tamron and Billy so I believe another female anchor will be added whether that is Erica, Sheinelle or someone else. I would love to see Ellie Kemper, star of Netflix's Unbreakable, who joined the third hour as a temporary co-host one month last summer allowing each host to take one week off.

#40 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:47 PM

Is Billy Bush a relative of the George HW Bush family?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users