CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

Check out:

http://www2.tv-ark.o...cnni/index.html

Awsome!

And for Ginnyfan..... Buisness central is even on it!
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#2 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

Wow! There is lots of faces I don't remember have seen them before. But this familiar one got my attention. :-o :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

That Biz Central music was so good, the graphics too. It was a great program to wake up to, CNN's morning line up needs something like that again. Dry Andrew Stevens is not good enough.

Thanks for the link, I know about that site but never saw they have Biz Central clip, it's a pity they don't have more openings from that era.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#4 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

That Biz Central music was so good, the graphics too. It was a great program to wake up to, CNN's morning line up needs something like that again. Dry Andrew Stevens is not good enough.

Thanks for the link, I know about that site but never saw they have Biz Central clip, it's a pity they don't have more openings from that era.

I've started to watch CNNi in that time age for real.

Before I only watched the shows Style and The Music Room. Oh I loved those shows. Do you still remember those....

I loved the fillers they showed all beautiful places of the world.
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#5 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

Yes I remember, that's the same time I started watching too but not as much as later. In the beginning I only watched London morning team.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#6 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

Very interesting site! And there's a lot of names there that I haven't thought about for a long time. Like Bill Tush, Joie Chen and Sonia Ruseler (whom I idolised at the time). :-)

Posted Image

#7 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Since we are talking about the old stuff, look at this, it's interesting to read it cause it's like a time traveling.
Maybe we could have a thread with similar theme, maybe call it ''day to day goings on ''. In it we could write who anchored what, although everything is the same almost every day, it could be useful.

http://www.sfu.ca/~j...ents/cnn23.html

#8 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:31 AM

That's a great find, djth! I had no idea Mark McKay has been working at CNNI for such a long time...which leads me to wonder...who is the longest running anchor currently at CNNI? I know Todd Benjamin was there for a while, but he left a few months ago. I don't consider Christiane Amanpour to be an achor (yet, apparently). Would it be Jim Clancy?

#9 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

Jim or Ralitsa I think.

#10 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:23 PM

^^^

I looked into it, and according to the bios, Jim joined CNN in 1981 (four years before the launch of CNN Europe) and Ralitsa joined in 1992. McKay joined in 1985.

#11 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

^^^

I looked into it, and according to the bios, Jim joined CNN in 1981 (four years before the launch of CNN Europe) and Ralitsa joined in 1992. McKay joined in 1985.

Ralitsa is Bulgarian, and worked for the Bulgarian TV. She did even made reports for World Report when she worked for the Bugarian TV.
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#12 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:48 AM

Even more videos have now been added to the TV Ark website. Well worth a look around, but I don't like the way you have to download the videos to watch because they seem to be rather slow. :-(

#13 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

I went and had a look at this site the other day and was very impressed. Lots of videos, mainly from the international channel, but videos from the 90s which I have not seen on Youtube before. My only complaint is the whole process of viewing and downloading.
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users