Photo

CNNI Anchor Rotations / Rosters

1321 replies to this topic

#1 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

I set up this new thread in which we can report on which anchor is doing what show. I guess we won't have a lot to write at the moment cause all the regulars are on air.

So today it was Monita,Max, Jenny and Don on CNN Today with Max and Monita doing World News on their own later.

Andrew Stevens was on WBT but since last week Adrian hasn't done anything related to business which makes me wonder what is going on with him?? Maybe we'll get the answer next week.

Anjali did WNA as always.

Andrew and Maggie did the second WBT.

Colleen did the first hour of YWT, Jim did his 30 minutes and Isha the last hour and a half. This Atlanta slot has been a mess last few months but I expect the final schedule to come next week.

Richard did his new show followd by Fiounnala on WNE, Michael on Back Story, Mark McKay on World Sport and Becky on WNE.
After quite some time both Finn and Becky are back in Londong doing their slots.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#2 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

Doesn't this just double up what is posted in anchor and reporter topics? :-?
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#3 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

Sometimes I want to know who did one show and there's nothing in that part of the forum that helps me. Not every anchor gets the same attention there.

I think this thread is the best way to find out things like that, even the weather, business etc. You can ask and hopefully get an answer. ;-)
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#4 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

Sometimes I want to know who did one show and there's nothing in that part of the forum that helps me. Not every anchor gets the same attention there.

I think this thread is the best way to find out things like that, even the weather, business etc. You can ask and hopefully get an answer. ;-)

Thanks Ginnyfan, your thread is great a general wrap on the days events at CNN!!!

#5 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

John and Colleen together on the first hour of YWT. I hope this becomes a permanent line up next week, without all the single anchoring days.

#6 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

Although not underestimating the importance of the World Economic Forum but I've always thought that CNNI's coverage of the forum has always been over the top, which to me is unncessary.

#7 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

Naamua Dleaney has been doing Rosie's shift this weekend.

#8 Mike

Mike

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

This morning Monita did the sport's update around 6:20am (UK time) and if you consider that it is always done by someone who is much into sports you can say Monita wasn't bad at all she was actually quite good when she was talking about the Super Bowl she spoke like a real sports insider she even showed the emotion in her voice when one of the NFL men scored. :lol: Max joked and said the Sportís update would be done by Monita from now on and Monita said that it would be a must-see Tv. :mrgreen:

I guess Don was just late or something cause Max added he would be doing World Sport later on.

#9 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

Yes, Donn was late cause of the snow. That's why Mark McKay did World Sport at 8.30CET.

BTW, who did WBT this morning?? Was it Andrew on his own?

Extended WBT is now on air with him and Maggie.
What is Charles Hodson gonna do from now on??

#10 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

What is Charles Hodson gonna do from now on??

Thats what I am wondering too. :-(

This may explain why they let Todd Benjamin go though. With no London-based WBT there's not a lot to do there for any senior financial anchor.

#11 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

I think it's too early to speculate whether or not a London anchor will be involved in this show. WBT has been anchored by Adrian and Andrew with no Maggie in the past, or even solo anchored from Hong Kong or London. I don't think the two anchor format today is a permanent change to the show.

If you don't see anyone from London by the end of the week, that's when I'd start wondering...

#12 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:22 PM

I'm also wondering about Adrian, he hasn't been on it for 3 weeks or more and he was on CNN Today during that period.

#13 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

With Jim Boulden just a moment ago describing how he found it impossible to get to the CNN-office in London due to the snow I think there may be a very logical explanation on why Charles isn't on: maybe he couldn't reach the studio in time today? :mrgreen:

#14 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

What time does he normally go to the London bureau? It's past the middle of the day there.
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#15 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

What time does he normally go to the London bureau? It's past the middle of the day there.

I have no idea. But transport around London is supposed to be a big mess at the moment. See http://news.bbc.co.u... ... 864315.stm

#16 Mike

Mike

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

But transport around London is supposed to be a big mess at the moment. See http://news.bbc.co.u... ... 864315.stm

I usually take about less than 30 minutes from home to work by train i suppose if i had to work today, which is not the case thankfully, it would take me an hour or so if not more than that to reach the office. :roll:

#17 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

But transport around London is supposed to be a big mess at the moment. See http://news.bbc.co.u... ... 864315.stm

I usually take about less than 30 minutes from home to work by train i suppose if i had to work today, which is not the case thankfully, it would take me an hour or so if not more than that to reach the office. :roll:

Well it is only a guess.

#18 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

Paula Newton was on CNN Today with Max this morning.

Adrian did a report for QMB last night. Maybe he will fill in for Richard when he's doing Business Traveler. :?: :idea:

#19 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:11 AM

I've moved the fire coverage discussion to its own thread. You'll find it in CNN General, or by clicking here

#20 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

Paula Newton is presenting World News Europe today. I don't think I have seen her anchor that show before.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users