620 replies to this topic

#461 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:47 PM

I'm glad for AD to get more attention but not at the expanse of IDesk.

Here's a Facebook support page. Please join.

http://www.facebook....?created&v=wall

hey, post this in the I-DESK as well as the CNNI fb page.

Edited by Junk Junk., 12 November 2010 - 04:54 PM.

#462 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

It is a bit strange to me after all the hoopla when I-Desk first started and now to be cut and probably later removed. I don't get it.

We didn't like IDESK when it was first launched? I doubt it. But frankly, IDESK Hala is the best thing CNNI's got at the moment, and now they'll ruin that for World Sport. f**king morons.

No: hoopla - I meant it was highly promoted and made out to be the big lead show for the evening line up. I think we liked it.
Reminds me of all the hype and promotion for Ammanpour and then poof! Ammanpour left.

Looks to me like Hala has been sold out for CNNI pandering to the Middle East for money. Maybe they can charge more to run ads on Prism than they do for I-Desk. Or maybe ageism. Anyway, if Hala left after their gutting her show it wouldn't surprise me.

And all this reminded me to check the real estate listings - her house now has a sale pending - so unless she intends to buy a new one she won't be tied down to Atlanta anymore...

I have added the FACEBOOK page link to the blog - I know Turner Broadcasting monitors it...

#463 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

So tonight was the last full hour of 1pm IDESK. This is sad. :no:

#464 ukjds

ukjds

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

And all this reminded me to check the real estate listings - her house now has a sale pending - so unless she intends to buy a new one she won't be tied down to Atlanta anymore...

She could be moving to Abu Dhabi though?
Be sure to check out my YouTube channel for presentation from AJE, the BBC and CNN. Updated: 12th September.

#465 alexis6662

alexis6662

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:27 PM

That would make sense, but I can't imagine she would leave Atlanta - losing home, the whole team and friends... We'll just have to see.

#466 bittersweet-leo

bittersweet-leo

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:08 PM

That would make sense, but I can't imagine she would leave Atlanta - losing home, the whole team and friends... We'll just have to see.

Is Hala's house public? I'm curious. Is it possible to see it?

#467 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

I don't think it would be too hard for her to leave Atlanta, she worked in London for a long time and probably had the same setting there (house,friends etc) plus she was closer to Paris, which is probably a very important thing to her since her family is there and she visits them often.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#468 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:01 PM

Jonathan hosting the Saturday edition of IDesk. He had a voice over, so I'm assuming he will be the permanent weekend anchor.

#469 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

Debut weekend iDesk with Jon Mann

#470 alexis6662

alexis6662

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

Is Hala's house public? I'm curious. Is it possible to see it?

I don't know, I didn't write it... but moving to Abu Dhabi is also one of the options...

#471 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

The campaign to show CNNI people aren't happy may pick up a bit now after Morphium posted about it on the blog. I noticed TV Newser tweeted his story and the Inside Cable News blog also picked up the story. It's like the story has gone viral now. :lol:

Edit: BTW, if I'm honest I have to say I enjoyed the 30 minute IDesk today. The breaking news took up a large part of the show, but it was 30 minutes of news non-stop with no filler, which is good.

Edited by Nuggle, 13 November 2010 - 04:15 PM.

#472 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

Indeed good show, and not some weekend 'cheap' version of iDesk but the normal presentation/graphics which is good. But the real test will be on weekends with little news

#473 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

I think 30 minutes is fine to fill even on a slow news weekend - they can draw things out a bit more (too an extent - it is supposed to be a fast paced program after all). And one short "filler" story is acceptable IMO!

#474 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:40 AM

I watched the 30 minute IDESK with Jon yesterday and it was pretty good for a weekend show. But it also showed very clearly how different IDESK feels like when it's only 30 minutes. I can't imagine that this concept of the program is going to be normal from Monday to Friday from next week on... :crying:

#475 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

Errol just announced it: John Vause will anchor the IDESK today - no Hala on the first shortened version... :-/

#476 alexis6662

alexis6662

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

Both I-Desks anchored by John Vause today... Where is Hala, anyway? Still in Abu Dhabi? If so, then it's more than possible that she will be the new PRISM anchor.

#477 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

Love John Vause but had to turn CNN off when I saw there was no Hala in this new crippled IDesk.

I see they are showing African Voices now. HOW PATHETIC.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What bank or airline company sponsors this bore-fest?:censored:

I hope Hala can find something worth doing, this miserable 30 minute slot is definitely beneath her standard. BBC and AJ should pay attention at these latest developments in CNN's downfall.

Edited by ginnyfan, 15 November 2010 - 06:42 PM.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#478 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

I just shot them off an e-mail telling them what a horrible show that was - that Hala should just tell them where to go - and that no one cares about their filler junk but the accountants. OK, not all the 30 minute shows are junk - but most are. And a couple of years ago they were confined to weekends. Do "news organizations" not know what "news" is anymore? And no weather and sports?

and bit OT - doesn't CNN have some interest in Formula One? It seems like really gets hyped on Prism - gotta fill in that hour somehow...

#479 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:14 AM

Wow. What a response.

"Thank you for the e-mail you sent to I-Desk.
This auto reply is your notification that we have received your email. While we are unable to personally reply to every e-mail, your comments are important to us, and we do read each and every one. Comments become part of the viewer response report that is prepared and made available each day to our producers and senior management.

If you have mistakenly submitted a question or story idea through this comments section, please allow time for it to be tagged as such and routed to the appropriate persons for handling.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and please visit the attached links for more information on our anchors, programs and schedules:

Would you like additional information on our anchors?
Please visit our anchor bio section at http://www.cnn.com/C...hors_reporters/

Would you like to review transcripts of CNN programming?
Please visit our transcript at http://www.cnn.com/transcripts

Do you need information on the show schedules?
Please visit us at http://www.cnn.com/programs

Thanks again for your interest and keep your browser pointed to http://www.cnn.com/.

Regards,
Viewer Communications Management

"CNN, The Most Trusted Name In News""

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

#480 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

They just took Hilary Clinton's press statement live during Hala's IDSK and it had ended right before the bottom of the hour. It was apparent that Hala wanted to continue. She even asked people in the control room "Can we go to the UN now..." and then she had to end the show rather apruptly. After a break no headlines, no Hala, no post press conference analysis but African Voices... FAIL!!!

Edit: Okay, now they interrupted African Voices for another live event: statement from the White House...

Edit2: And now back to African Voices. Seriously who's in charge there?!? :gross:

Edited by Axl0706, 29 November 2010 - 06:51 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users