What are just in (time) shots?  

#182 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

Manisha Tank is also in HK, also Soni has not had a correspondent appearance yet that I'm aware of, she is solely host. Many more anchors in Atlanta, I know a headache to list. Nick Parker is also still "officially" as the guy in Mexico but I think they are giving him another role soon. Also, I'm pretty sure Arwa should be stationed in Istanbul, not Beirut. 

Other than that, nice list, great stuff!

Edited by Honn, 07 April 2015 - 03:21 PM.

#183 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

What are just in (time) shots?  

Flying in with no time to spare.

Manisha Tank is also in HK, also Soni has not had a correspondent appearance yet that I'm aware of, she is solely host. Many more anchors in Atlanta, I know a headache to list. Nick Parker is also still "officially" as the guy in Mexico but I think they are giving him another role soon. Also, I'm pretty sure Arwa should be stationed in Istanbul, not Beirut. 

Other than that, nice list, great stuff!

Who else is in Atlanta? Can't think of any CNNi people at the centre

Edited by imjohndoeandthisiscnn, 07 April 2015 - 05:32 PM.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#184 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

Arwa Damon has covered a few things in Istanbul, but she's reporting from Iraq or Syria now.  The last time I checked, her bio said she was assigned to Beirut.   Don't get me started on Ms. Damon pushing Mr. Watson out of Istanbul.  

Soni Methu did report from Kenya on the recent school massacre, but I think that's the only time.  They did this with Errol Barnett when he did the same show -- they'd assign him to a Breaking Story.  

I saw Nick Parker reporting from Israel or Palestine recently,  

That is all.  

#185 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

So is the list complete? Quite disappointing that they now just do just-in(time) shots.

You've missed of Nic Robertson and Ian Lee

Isn't Saima Mohsin officially Islamabad based? Is Delia Gallagher still with CNN as Vatican correspondent?

There are also some producers that do on air reporting sometimes - Rosie Tomkins in London, David Molko in Hong Kong for example

#186 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

So is the list complete? Quite disappointing that they now just do just-in(time) shots.

You've missed of Nic Robertson and Ian Lee

Isn't Saima Mohsin officially Islamabad based? Is Delia Gallagher still with CNN as Vatican correspondent?

There are also some producers that do on air reporting sometimes - Rosie Tomkins in London, David Molko in Hong Kong for example

Thanks, added in Nic to London since he is based out of there, Ian has been added as well. Saima Mohsin, according to her Twitter bio and CNN.com profile is based out of the Thai capital. I've also added in producers that file reports, those such as Rosie Tompkins in London, David Molko in Hong Kong and Clare Sebastian in New York. 

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#187 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

Good to see the return of a full time correspondent to South East Asia ... but disappointing to see Pakistan without a full time correspondent as a result

#188 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:00 AM

I'm surprised about the number of people in South America and Africa, like really is there honestly no one else?

#189 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Arwa Damon has covered a few things in Istanbul, but she's reporting from Iraq or Syria now.  The last time I checked, her bio said she was assigned to Beirut.   Don't get me started on Ms. Damon pushing Mr. Watson out of Istanbul.  

Soni Methu did report from Kenya on the recent school massacre, but I think that's the only time.  They did this with Errol Barnett when he did the same show -- they'd assign him to a Breaking Story.  

I saw Nick Parker reporting from Israel or Palestine recently,  

That is all.  

Erroll did quite a bit of reporting actually. That's why I'm surprised that they haven't used Soni more often particularly with the lack of people and local knowledge left at the network in the area.

Who remembers the Africa expansion plan that was only announced 3 or so years ago, how ironic.

Many within CNN, particularly old timers were surprised to see Mackenzie transferred to Beijing after the great work he did out of the African continent and Kenya in particular. He had no local knowledge or linguistic ability of China, so many thought he should have excelled his career in Africa. Although the China desk is one of the hugest roles in journalism and I understand why he'd have taken it.

Edited by Honn, 08 April 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#190 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

I think that Soni Methi will be used more after she has a little more CNN experience and training.  Errol Barnett had had CNNi experience in Abu Dhabi and slowly moved into more reporting.  

Africa seems to be a place where people prove themselves and move on to other more exalted positions (think Robin Curnow) or quit working for CNN.  So, I agree that Beijing is a good place for him to go.  

I don't understand why CNNi promotes some people to Seniors and you don't see them very much after that.  (think Arwa Damon and Ivan Watson) while others (NPW, for example) keep working non-stop.  Have any insight on that? 

#191 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:36 AM

Seems this slipped under the radar: https://www.turner.c...-bureau-nigeria

I think we can all agree that any more coverage of the African continent is good news. Stephanie Busari did a great job alongside Nima when reporting on the missing Chibok girls.

#192 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:01 PM

So the attack on Mosul, Iraq has started and CNN has three reporters there -- Ben Wedeman, Arwa Damon and Nick P-W/  Wonder if Ivan Watson misses the excitement of war reporting....

#193 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:50 PM

And Ian Lee is in Istanbul reporting on Aleppo and, I guess, on .Mosul.  Plus Jomana Karachi (spelling is wrong) reporting from Jordan on Iraq.  

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 17 October 2016 - 01:50 PM.

#194 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:56 PM

Ivan Watson reported from Istanbul today on Turkey's stance on fighting in Mosul.  His last three on air locations have been Istanbul, Atlanta and Haiti.   Seems like it's more traveling than all the others do combined.  

rting, 

Clarissa Ward is somewhere in Iraq reporting, too.  

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 19 October 2016 - 10:00 PM.

#195 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:06 AM

CNN Announces Washington Correspondent Assignments

Washington, D.C. – Jan. 18 – Today, CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker announced the following assignments for the network’s Washington, D.C. based correspondents.

• Dana Bash will continue as the network’s chief political correspondent.
  • Gloria Borger will continue as the network’s chief political analyst.
  • Mark Preston has been named CNN’s senior political analyst and David Chalian will continue to serve as CNN’s political director.
  • Jim Acosta and Jeff Zeleny will serve as CNN’s Senior White House correspondents and will be joined at The White House by correspondents Athena Jones and Sara Murray. Jeremy Diamond, Stephen Collinson and Kate Bennett will also serve as White House reporters for CNN.
  • Congress will be covered by Senior Congressional reporter Manu Raju and CNN correspondents Phil Mattingly and Sunlen Serfaty.
  • Jim Sciutto will continue as CNN’s chief national security correspondent.
  • Senior Diplomatic correspondent Michelle Kosinski will join Global Affairs correspondent Elise Labott to cover the State Department.
  • Barbara Starr will continue to cover the Department of Defense as CNN’s Pentagon correspondent and will be joined there by reporter Ryan Browne.
  • The Justice Department and Supreme Court will be covered by Justice and Supreme Court correspondent Pamela Brown, Justice correspondent Evan Perez, Justice reporter Laura Jarrett and Supreme Court reporter Ariane De Vogue.
  • Rene Marsh will continue as CNN’s aviation and government regulation correspondent.
  • MJ Lee will cover health care for the network as national politics reporter.
  • Senior Washington correspondent Joe Johns, national correspondent Suzanne Malveaux, correspondent Tom Foreman, and correspondent Ryan Nobles will serve as Washington correspondents for the network.
  • Jamie Gangel will continue as a special correspondent for the network.
  • Nia-Malika Henderson will continue to cover the political landscape as a senior political reporter.
  • Maeve Reston will serve as CNN’s national political reporter.
  • Brian Todd will continue to be a correspondent for The Situation Room.

CNN’s lead political anchor Wolf Blitzer will continue to anchor Wolf and The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer. Anchor and Chief Washington correspondent Jake Tapper will remain anchor of The Lead with Jake Tapper and Sunday’s State of the Union. Anchor and chief national correspondent John King will continue to anchor Inside Politics. And Brianna Keilar will serve as substitute anchor and Senior Washington correspondent.

Additional reporting teams include Noah Gray, Liz Landers, Kevin Liptak, Allie Malloy and Dan Merica covering The White House; Betsy Klein and Hunter Schwarz covering the Trump family; Ted Barrett, Eric Bradner, Ashley Killough, Tal Kopan, Tom LoBianco and Deirdre Walsh covering Congress; Jamie Crawford, Nicole Gaouette, Laura Koran and Jennifer Rizzo covering national security; Mary Kay Mallonee covering the Justice Department; Tami Luhby on health care; Jodi Enda and Thomas Lake writing long-form reporting; and Daniella Diaz, Greg Krieg, Theodore Schleifer and Eugene Scott will serve as Washington reporters.

CNN Press Room

Edited by MVJR4, 19 January 2017 - 05:06 AM.

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users