3 replies to this topic

#1 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

A Singapore-based pan-Asian network launched on 1 March 1999. As I suggested, it is a decade old.
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#2 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

I was just thinking about starting a thread for CNA last week. I'll watch it whenever I'm in Asia. Mostly good journalism and more Asia content than CNNI's WNA, but the presenters and on-air presence are very stiff. I also occasionally get the feeling that they don't report fairly on Singapore topics for the benefit of the PAP. Though those are just my initial feelings; I'm not a regular viewer. I only get to watch it a few weeks out of the year.

#3 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

I personally think it isn't much of a news channel considering most shows at the bottom of the hour are lifestyle and documentary oriented. When I think of a news programme, it is supposed to be live, about breaking news, regardless of which region it comes from.

If I want those kinds of programmes, I can always go to Discovery networks.
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#4 TheNEWS

TheNEWS

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:06 PM

CNA's graphics are best from what i saw. The flagship programs are Primetime World and Singapore Tonight, the final one being a illusion to the old format of IDesk.

"There'll be no frolicking on QUEST MEANS BUSINESS" - Richard Quest to Paul La Monica on Tuesday August 11th.

This is CNN - Where the news always comes first.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users