267 replies to this topic

#1 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:31 AM

CNN anchor, host of "The Situation Room" and "Late Edition", based in Washington.

#2 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:21 PM

.:Source: Politico.com (Via- TV Newser)
.:Link: Read the full article here

There was definitely a situation last Thursday.

And it definitely was not covered in "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer" on CNN, though it did involve the network's bearded go-to guy.

The cable newsman was being driven to work on Thursday -- he was catching a flight to New York that evening for his highly promoted interview with The Donald on Friday -- when the driver of his Town Car was pulled over. (Speeding? Tailgating? Blasting through a stop sign? We're still trying to find out.)

When the police officer ran the driver's license, allegedly a mound of unpaid tickets popped up; as a result, he arrested the driver on the spot.

As Blitzer watched the captain of his sedan get led away in cuffs, the anchor jumped in the front seat and -- gasp! -- drove himself to work.

#3 ElisabethST

ElisabethST

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:05 PM

hey..Wolf turned 58 today the 22th of March! :lol:
congratulations everyone!

#4 ElisabethST

ElisabethST

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:07 PM

As Blitzer watched the captain of his sedan get led away in cuffs, the anchor jumped in the front seat and -- gasp! -- drove himself to work.

haha....this is a very weird story! :lol:

#5 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:39 AM

.:Source: New Hampshire Magazine
.:Link: Click here for full article

What is the one interview that Wolf Blitzer wanted but didn't get? The answer to that question and much more (mainly U.S. politics) in an interview conducted by New Hampshire Magazine. Link to article is above.

#6 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

Yes Michael Moore Lays It On Too Thick at times but I welcome the way he embarrassed Wolf who in my opinion is a pompous ass. :D
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#7 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

I'm also glad he attacked that anoying dr Gupta. :lol: :lol:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#8 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:51 PM

Yes Michael Moore Lays It On Too Thick at times but I welcome the way he embarrassed Wolf who in my opinion is a pompous ass. :D

Hmm.. I thought that it was a bit of a silly way to act for someone like Moore. He was criticised for delivering incorrect information and instead of addressing that he tries to attack CNN for "not telling the truth". That does not make him sound too convincing to me. Gupta's mistake was a pity but I think they corrected it properly by being honest about it.

#9 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:12 PM

Has Wolf been anchoring from New York over the past few weeks if not months?
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#10 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

Has Wolf been anchoring from New York over the past few weeks if not months?

Yeah, it's CNN's 'election headquarters'

#11 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

He is 60 years old. He looks much younger.

#12 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:26 AM

In the Hala thread Goursote posted

@spitfire-please don't think I'm a fan of Blitzer,or I'd especially like him,no-I've only got nothing against him either.
But I don't quite understand why you hate him so much?

Actually I don't hate Wolf I just don't respect him here are some reasons why.

1 He has no interest in the rest of the world and when he is forced to cover some event overseas he will try and Americanize it. That is find an American angle when there isn't one.

2 He has no sense of humour

3 His carefully ever so carefully hair tells me he is vain.

4 The way a couple of years ago he was browbeaten on-air by Dick Cheney's wife shows he is not so tough. That was one of the most pathetic sites I have ever seen on tv news. Dick Cheney's wife came out of it OK though.

5 His penchant for useless and cringeworthy soundbites like "The Best Political Team on Television or "The Last Word in Sunday Talk."

My number 1 is the real reason the rest are just Subreasons if the Blitzers of the world did their job properly 2/3 rds of Americans would not have believed Saddam had a hand in 9/11 in the run up to the invasion. This would have made it more difficult to start the war.

PS At least Wolf doesn't go as far as Lou Dobbs with his brand of Patriotic Journalism a truly grotesque concept.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

I love this man! He's so freaking sexy! :twisted:

#14 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:49 AM

He's not my favorite, but he does do a good job at covering US news, even though he toots his political team's horn a little too much.

#15 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#16 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:03 PM

I agree with much of Spitty's comments.

Another thing really irks me about Mr. Blitzer - and I know that this is only a small thing - after wrapping an interview with a guest or a correspondent he always says "thanks very much" with such a monotonous, uninterested, almost condescending voice.

#17 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:59 PM

I love this man! He's so freaking sexy! :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#18 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

Wolf was a guest on Elen Degeneres show and he danced a bit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He even knows the name of the rapper Flo Rida. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#19 zack10

zack10

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:05 AM

Wolf was a guest on Elen Degeneres show and he danced a bit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He even knows the name of the rapper Flo Rida. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha Ha did he say it. Did he dance, did you have the cap. I will watch Ellen on Monday to see. He's being talking about it all week. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#20 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

He did dance,but I can't make caps yet this will still take quite a time :-(
But he said he isn't a very good dancer-I heard Zain is a good dancer(thanks to Kyra Phillips,she's quite a fountain when it comes up to Zain)though Zain always she's not especially good(she's good at understatements as well)so he should have asked her for lessons,but then Zain wasn't seen in the sitroom since Dec. 27th and Wolf was on holiday for 2 weeks until January 3rd or so.

I can't make caps yet but nevertheless I've still got one of my favourite CNN sites:
just scroll a bit down and you'll find the low-dancing Wolf:http://www.allthings...ncing-wolf.html

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users