• 467 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

And Campbell will be there,too

#24 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

Why can't they put someone from International with the stars??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#25 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:00 PM

I don't know ginnyfan,it would probably bust the list I think here is the list of the journalists covering inauguration day and just think Zain is helping,perhaps she's doing something international you don't know didn't spot her since Dec.27th if she isn't spotted within 10 days that could mean,but necessarily needn't that she's in Kenya.She hasn't been home for a year hasn't she? So perhaps there is a surprise you never know.But of course I only guess cause of the long absence.
But now the list scroll a bit down and you'll have it:
http://www.allthingscnn.com/

#26 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

Why are you all disliking Wolf so much?

#27 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:42 AM

Wolf was doing an AMAZING job today covering that plane crash that could have been so much worse.!!!!

And MY RESPECT for him is growing daily.
And there's NOTHING arrogant or pompous about him AT ALL

He's a very NICE man and a GREAT journalist and he DOES care about international news!!!

And the way he works together with ZAIN is simply ADORABLE-or I should better say the way ZAIN works together with HIM :lol:

#28 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

He may even do his job right, but even though I tried to appreciate him a little bit more, I can't.
If you watch him for a hour it's OK, after that it's starts to be real annoying.
I think his show is sometimes to repetitive, and he should let others speak more cause his voice is irrating (I know it's a stupid reason but after an hour it starts to get at you).
Zain is like a fresh breeze on that show. Good that he kept her.

The history around the plane crash was interesting, but I thanked that I had BBCNews and SkyNews to jump into them time to time.
I think SkyNews and BBC News did a good job on it. They had a different way of covering it, but it was interesting to see both.
Posted Image

#29 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

I don't think it's repeating itsself very much normally.Yesterday was an exception because of the plane crash. I know it because I'm listening to it -because I'm updating the Zain-thread) Ironically they only show us the full three hours when there is such an event like yesterday,so most of you think it's always like that which it isn't -well they're still going on with it now but that's understandable I think.The pilot really is a hero and Americans and New Yorkers especially must have been really on edge when they all saw that plane flying in the wrong direction.

Besides TSR is the programme on CNNUS with the highest ratings-it even beats Fox-News ratings which I think is great (TRS beating Fox-news of course) :D :D
So TSR and Wolf can't be that bad after all

#30 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

I think he really should let Zain have a go at it.

I really would love Zain host TSR as Wolf's substitute instead of Suzanne Malveaux(Sorry Morpium and Junk-Junk)Erica is hosting Anderson's show when he isn't there-I've seen that at least twice now and I think if Erica is able to do it,then is Zain!

And I think he should let her do some of the interviews he always does from time to time.We know she's able to do that.

#31 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

Wolf on Ellen in full:

I'm also looking to find that episode of Jeopardy he played about twelve years ago. Does anybody remember that?

#32 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

Thanks so very much Charles!

IMPORTANT-I've just found a new announcement:http://www.allthingscnn.com/

#33 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:13 AM

for Wolf fans: I'm updating the Zain Verjee thread.
As a matter of fact I can't update on Zain without leaving out Wolf ,so there are a lot of titbits about Wolf in Zain's thread.

#34 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:14 AM

Wolf is in for Campbell today
Does anybody know if she's already on maternity leave?
Because the news of the pregnancy was anounced in August or September and that's about half a year from now and a pregnancy is usually noticed by the woman herself after 4-8 weeks and of outsiders after 12-16 weeks.

#35 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

My God, he doesn't stop working. He does 3 hours every weekday and then they canceled Late Edition and he said it was too much for him but now there's TSR on Saturday. :shock:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#36 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

It's only one hour long and a bit different from week-day one.reminds me personally a bit more of ID :-)nd there's no one other than Wolf in it-no Jack,no Zain,nobody else but Wolf.And I think it's good so-if he doesn't like to have a weekend it's okey but the others sure seem to want one and he shall let them have it.As long as he does it's okey.

#37 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:26 AM

The Saturday edition is mostly clips of interviews from during the week...I don't think any of it is live.

#38 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:56 AM

You know I can't see it,Charles unless you teach me what clips sound like-but it's okey :-)I can only tell what it sounds like

#39 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

Hmm, interesting tidbits about Wolf.
http://www.mediabist...-Digest_ful.asp

#40 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor