Wolf Blitzer

267 replies to this topic

#41 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:07 AM

I like that, I wonder if it's the new song She Wolf/Loba. :?: :idea:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#42 NightOwl

NightOwl

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:00 AM

Wolf Blitzer is the best thing on CNN. Without him I probably wouldn't watch CNN. The only reason I tune in is to watch the situation room and then just end up watching a few hours afterwards just to keep abreast of international news. He keeps it real and with Jack Cafferty (my other reason for loving CNN) on the show makes it a certified hit and with Jeanne Moos that's like icing on the cake. I wish they hadn't pulled Jack from the panel. But I guess after the chinese incident they had no choice.

Wolf rocks.

#43 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

Wolf will appear as an 'expert' on the revival of the U.S. primetime edition of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?. Should be interesting.

(Oh, and by the way, does anybody remember that episode of Jeopardy where he appeared as a contestant against CNNer and FNCer Catherine Crier? I've been trying to look for it...)

#44 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

http://www.allthings... ... -2009.html

Guess he also listens to Lady Gaga. LOL.

#45 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

When Suzanne did SitRoom yesterday, I figured that Wolf would be doing something important or on assignment, etc. Instead, he was in Los Angeles for the Late Late Show. This makes the second CNNer in two weeks to appear on the show. (It'd be great if Hala showed up at the end of her holiday, but I'm not holding my breath.)

Don't get me wrong, Wolf is a great journalist when it comes to US news, but he seems like a dull person in real life. Just watch and see Craig poke all sorts of fun at him, yet he doesn't respond. I don't buy Wolf's "I'm an old guy who listens to rap" bit at all. This man must have no fun I guess. At least Christiane came off as being interesting and funny when she was on the show last week.

Here's the interview. It's in two parts:

#46 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

#47 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

Wolf as expert lifeline on "Who wants to be a Millionaire" last night - 1 out of two correct.
I'll put up a cap or something later.

#48 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:38 PM

Ah, I missed it. You can watch the entire episode on ABC.com, though. Just click on "Night 3". Not sure if it'll work outside the US, though.

#49 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:02 AM

Wolf must be on a game show tour. He's going to be on Jeopardy (the US version) Thursday night.

#50 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:13 AM

Wolf absolutely bombed on Jeopardy. He ended the Double Jeopardy round with -$4600. Andy Richter won the the show with $68000. They still gave $25000 to Wolf's charity, the American Cancer Society.

I think Soledad O'Brien is going to be on the next celebrity episode next month.

#51 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:11 AM

His answers were close but I would have been shocked if he didn't get Reagan correctly for his final jeopardy answer. Richter was very quick on the buzzer.
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#52 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:55 AM

Here's a highlight reel:

http://www.politico.... ... pardy.html

Andy Richter has a behind the scenes video:

http://www.tonightsh... ... 9/1158143/

I'm sure Spitfire will like this cap, since it reaffirms his theories that Wolf is very vain: :D
Posted Image

#53 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:29 AM

I'm sure Spitfire will like this cap, since it reaffirms his theories that Wolf is very vain: :D

Why does Wolf get all the flack around here?

#54 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:35 AM

^^^

I think Wolf is a good US journalist, but he doesn't seem like he's be a person who likes fun judging by his appearances on Jeopardy and Craig Ferguson. God, was he stiff. :sarcastic:

#55 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:01 AM

Can this guy get any credit for hosting a show for four hours? My God, he has to be one of the hardest working anchors on CNN prime time. There's no way you can spin that.

#56 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:01 AM

Another marathon for this guy. He's been anchoring for the past 4 hours, and he's filling in for Larry King Live.

#57 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:17 AM

Posted Image

What do your clothes say about who you are professionally?

I try to let them say that I'm a serious professional journalist, and I take my wardrobe seriously. I want to make sure I look nice and my clothes are flattering to me; and I work hard to look good. I know that if you look bad on TV -- it's not a career-ender -- but it's certainly not going to help your career. I am not only representing myself, but I'm also representing my shows on CNN, and I'm representing CNN, so I just want to make sure that I don't embarrass the brand.

http://www.huffingto... ... 79752.html

#58 AExAVF

AExAVF

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:39 AM

I respect Blitzer for his professional work, though the only thing that bothers me a little is his uptight personality. Then again, he just takes his job way too seriously. True, he comes off as condescending to some, but from how I see it he just doesn't have any time to take it easy.
"As an anchor Kate Bolduan has no equal; as a correspondent she has no known biases."
- lifted from the words of Victor Caroli as he describes Predaking in the files of Teletraan II.

#59 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

They're celebrating Wolf's 20 years at CNN on SitRoom today. Good for him.

#60 AExAVF

AExAVF

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

Well done and congrats to Wolf for 20 years of professional reporting that goes beyond borders.
"As an anchor Kate Bolduan has no equal; as a correspondent she has no known biases."
- lifted from the words of Victor Caroli as he describes Predaking in the files of Teletraan II.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users