428 replies to this topic

#221 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

After Jeopardy today, they announced tomorrow's contestants (and I quote): "Talk show host Anderson Cooper". No mention of CNN or Journalism. Talk...Show...Host. :rofl:

HA! That says it all doesn't it.

#222 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

After Jeopardy today, they announced tomorrow's contestants (and I quote): "Talk show host Anderson Cooper". No mention of CNN or Journalism. Talk...Show...Host. :rofl:

HA! That says it all doesn't it.

I'm equally disturbed by that announcement. However, Mr.Cooper seems to be more on the same page with his new-found fans (look at their twitter comments) . Very little is tweeted about AC360. If that is what is making him look more popular in this New Age, then let him have his way.

When things get bad for him on that side, we, his loyal and dedicated fans will always be there to prop him up again.

I will always love his work; love him yesterday, today and tommorrow.

Edited by magnel69, 18 May 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#223 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Enjoyed watching 60 minutes with Mr Cooper's "Cemetary doc." Hope he's on every Sunday.

#224 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

So this is the kinda crap Andy has on his "talkshow"?

I wouldn't sign a release, somebody should of decked 'em. I am so glad no Houston TV station has picked up this "show".

#225 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

So this is the kinda crap Andy has on his "talkshow"?

I wouldn't sign a release, somebody should of decked 'em. I am so glad no Houston TV station has picked up this "show".

Be kind. He already earned his title as the "World's Greatest Journalist'

#226 ACAnderFan

ACAnderFan

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

The talk show is crap. Half the time it seems to venture in to Springer/Maury territory. The show today where Anderson suddenly yeaended the interview with the woman who gives her year old botox and lets her 7 year old pole dance was ridiculous and it was so obvious that the sudden ending of the interview was just for publicity.
"Sometimes I wonder if I'm the person I was born to be, if the life I've lived really is the one I was meant to, or if it is some half life, a mutation engineered by loss, cobbled together by the will to survive" ~ Anderson Cooper

#227 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

I agree. However, give the man credit for who he is.

#228 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

The talk show is crap. Half the time it seems to venture in to Springer/Maury territory. The show today where Anderson suddenly yeaended the interview with the woman who gives her year old botox and lets her 7 year old pole dance was ridiculous and it was so obvious that the sudden ending of the interview was just for publicity.

As you are his fan, I'll take your word. I have read he's pretty good with Ripa. Maybe he should chunk the talkshow and do "Kelly and Anderson". She seems to think so. And if the CNN nights keep tanking, he may need a new place...

#229 ACAnderFan

ACAnderFan

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

As you are his fan, I'll take your word. I have read he's pretty good with Ripa. Maybe he should chunk the talkshow and do "Kelly and Anderson". She seems to think so. And if the CNN nights keep tanking, he may need a new place...

I like him with Kelly Ripa. They're funny and get along well. I wouldn't mind seeing them do a show together. It would be better than his daytime show now. As for 360 it needs a major overhaul.
"Sometimes I wonder if I'm the person I was born to be, if the life I've lived really is the one I was meant to, or if it is some half life, a mutation engineered by loss, cobbled together by the will to survive" ~ Anderson Cooper

#230 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

I doubt it since he will be the last one to leave CNN. He built his career there. He's tired of Kelly trying to jump on him at every chance. He's just not interested in her talkshow.

#231 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

Now showing- Anderson's Special Report-"Arab Spring", featuring Arwa and Watson.

Edited by magnel69, 26 May 2012 - 01:01 AM.

#232 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

How was it? It was in the wee hours of the morning here, so I missed it. Hopefully, it will be replayed at a better time for me.

#233 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Duplicate content of post on A/C 360. All Things Anderson, posted the entire Arab...Interrupted Show on video.

Here's the link to the video:
http://www.allthings...eport-arab.html

Here's the link to the transcript:
http://transcripts.c.../25/acd.01.html

#234 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

It was well put together (excellent). It's good to see Mr. Cooper being the great journalist he is, demonstrating his probing, enquiring and excellent interviewing skills.

#235 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

Not to mention the great international correspondents - Damon, Robertson and Watson.

#236 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Not to mention the great international correspondents - Damon, Robertson and Watson.

You could say that but Mr. Cooper no doubt has the edge when it comes to the total package of conducting interesting interviews etc.

#237 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Say what you will about Anderson Cooper, he continues to highlight the situation in Syria, Every night there's something that shows the carnage and destruction and terrified people. He just won't let people forget it. I think this reflects the real AC.

#238 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Say what you will about Anderson Cooper, he continues to highlight the situation in Syria, Every night there's something that shows the carnage and destruction and terrified people. He just won't let people forget it. I think this reflects the real AC.

Yes and that's a good thing.

#239 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. ANDERSON COOPER! WE LOVE YOUR WORK!!! THREE CHEERS!!!

#240 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

Anderson Cooper in Botwana for 60minutes Documentary. I lived there for six years. Hope he reports the truth....the whole picture of that beautiful country.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users