635 replies to this topic

#41 logiclee

logiclee

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:57 PM

Michael and Colleen are just brilliant together! I usually don't have the chance to watch them but when I do they prove me again why they're the best pair on CNN. Colleen always very secure of herself and Michael by far one of the funniest anchors around. Great match! :D

#42 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:37 AM

"Good To See Ya"

That is undoubtedly Holmesy's signature phrase, :D he does use it a lot. My guess is that off-air Holmesy would be the most approachable male anchor. I imagine he would stop and chat to anyone. Do I get the same feeling with Jim and Steven F?

:lol: No!!! :lol:
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#43 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:55 AM

I totally agree that Michael and Colleen have excellent rapport but then Holmesy has that effect on all the CNN gals Hala, Rosemary, Zain when she was there Isha Sesay recently. When Tumi Makgabo was at CNN Holmesy also had good rapport with her even though I didn't like her.

There are two exceptions though Ralitsa and Holmesy don't gel well imho and Daljit Dhaliwal years ago. :wink:
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#44 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

Michael does manage to establish a fantastic rapport with most of the other female anchors, though we can all agree that Michael and Colleen is hard to beat as a team. Although I'll never forget the all-Aussie YWT when Rosie and Michael - or Michael more than Rosie - were fixated on Australia's soccer/football World Cup game against I think it was Italy!
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#45 bbpear4

bbpear4

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:10 AM

This is interesting because I have posted and read others post how Colleen has an excellent rapport with the other males, so maybe there's something to the fact that you have Michael, whose good with others, and Colleen, whose good with others, being ESPECIALLY great when together. I could watch them all day

#46 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

Since Jim is in Iraq, is he doing all the hours of YWT?? And by the way, again repeating you guys, he is always great with all the females, (and even males..Patrick, Terry, Mike Mckay).

#47 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:51 AM

I accidentally ran across this (yes, ya'll know it's an absolute accident) from the...other anchor. So for his fans, I'll bite the bullet.
http://magazine.walk...bs_20070816107/

#48 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

Michael said on Tuesday he's got an 8 year old boy, and a 10 year old (I think it was a girl, but I'm not sure). I think Michael would be a really cool dad. 8)

#49 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#50 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

Michael Holmes seems to be very territorial about his mantelpiece. After a report by Colleen about the visit of the pope they had an exchange on pope souvenirs that went something like this:

Colleen: "what does your mantlepiece look like?"
Michael: "it depends on what you plan to put on it"
Colleen: lol

:lol:

#51 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:34 PM

These two (the Dream Team)are just great together. It's great when anchors are really good frineds like Michael and Collleen are - it just makes the news so much more interesting.

Thanks for that Beano! :P

#52 nyangel1987

nyangel1987

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:32 PM

absolutly...colleen and michael are a great team :wink:
and cute caps from you ginnyfan...thank you. :)
btw, michael has got two children...a girl and a boy...Lily (10) and Mac (9)...i read somewhere but don't know where yet... :lol: ...but i am sure...he must be a great daddy :P

any idea where i can see last years documentary "month of mayhem" again??? ...because it was great and i found nothing to see in the internet :cry:
Friendship often ends in love... but love in friendship - never.
(Charles Caleb Colton)

#53 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

Holmsey is in Singapore at the moment, well since last sunday, not sure if it is a vacation or working holiday but he mentioned it to one of the weather anchors on YWT

#54 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:34 PM

Now a dual passport holder Australian and American, Lola Martinez drew that from Holmesy last friday.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#55 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

Michael had his son and daughter on iReport this week, and they even introduced themselves at the end of the show! His son's name is Mac but I didn't hear what his daughters name is.

edit: after reading nyangel1987's post my guess is that it must have been Lily. Cute kids btw.

#56 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

His son looks so much like him. They are cute. I love this show.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#57 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

It may look cute, but I felt that is real low from his part to show ON TV his kids.
What was the purpose? There wasn't a babysitter around? Or he is just too desperate to get attention?
Most parents, who work with Medias or surround by them, try to protect their children from world attention. I comprehend it even less; because this is news channel not an entertaining one.
If the fact was not enough sad for itself, witnessing Michael saying to is children: You didn't robe anything did you? It's the most negligible thing he has done on TV.
Maybe it what might have been a fun joke for him, but it can be quite humiliating for a child of that age, especially when it will be shown around the world, by family, friends and colleagues included.

#58 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

OMG, you sound so dramatic. I'm sure he's a great dad and his kids must be used to jokes like that.
I like the fact Michael isn't trying to be politicaly corect , I'm sick of all the unnecessary drama. :roll:

#59 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:38 PM

Boy...guest (above) sounds like a bit of a &*%$ to personally attack him like that! What drama!

"Real low" ? "Too desperate to get attention"?? Seriously?

I Report for CNN isn't a news show - it's a very different, informal format. I have no clue why the kids were there (although he said he was going on vacation) but the children seemed very comfortable, having fun! And clearly he was joking around with them - and clearly they knew that. Get a grip!

#60 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:10 PM

I love watching this show couse Michael is always funny and we get to see a lot of CNN newsrooms, offices etc.Last week he was with Rosie in their office, they showed her sitting at her desk, she had photos of her familie all around her. :D

This week Michael is in CNN US newsroom, he says ''it's a bit better than international'' :D :D He was also at the anchor desk but then Haidy came and he had to go away. I will try to make some caps when they replay this.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users