#1 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:41 PM

.:Source: FTV Live
.:Link: Click here for full article (Sub required)

FTV Live is reporting that someone upstairs at HLN is considering a name change of Robin & Co. to "Morning Express", leading to speculation that Robin Meade may soon be moved from HLN to CNN.

#2 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

http://cnnobservatio...ng-express.html

Monday, November 5th, Headline News' morning program Robin & Company will become Morning Express with Robin Meade.

#3 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

Robin & Company seems too, Fox News if you will. Morning Express is much better!

#4 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

Except that it sound like some kind of coffee: cappuccino, espresso, latte, morning express... :lol:

#5 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:07 PM

Except that it sound like some kind of coffee: cappuccino, espresso, latte, morning express... :lol:

Or something off the McDonalds menu LOL!

#6 CNN Viewer

CNN Viewer

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:52 AM

I liked Robin & Co. the title but I heard there's been a bit of staff turnover...?
CNN, The World News Leader.

#7 sn2005

sn2005

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

Have they kept the studio the same? I always quite liked that.

And is there a new style logo or is it just the same as Robin & co?

EDIT: To answer my own question I've found the new look logo in the form of a cnn.com banner.

If you ask me I much prefer it. Nort only are the colours a lot more morning-y and warm but it seems to have a lot more pace in it, rather than the laid back Robin & co.
This is CNN

#8 CNN Viewer

CNN Viewer

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

I like the Morning Express on-screen graphics, wish they'd replace the tabloidy style ones for the rest of HLN with the ME ones.
CNN, The World News Leader.

#9 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:56 AM

Robin Meade is #1 at Headline News in my books, for sure.

#10 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

I usually don't watch TV in the morning because I often don't have enough time, and the local channels air the national programs by the time I get up (i.e. Crate & Barrel advertising programs). However, I recently had cable installed in my bedroom, and I'm quite partial to Morning Express now. One of the things I like about it is the new flipper, which is much easier and enjoyable to read in the morning. I don't have to focus on the main story being presented; I can just read the flipper and I can have a good grasp of the headlines before I leave. I also like watching Robin Meade and everyone else (though I'm not always up early enough for her.) It's a better program to watch than Newsroom in the morning when I don't have a lot of time.

#11 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:19 AM

I'm quite partial to Morning Express now. One of the things I like about it is the new flipper, which is much easier and enjoyable to read in the morning. I don't have to focus on the main story being presented; I can just read the flipper and I can have a good grasp of the headlines before I leave. I also like watching Robin Meade and everyone else (though I'm not always up early enough for her.) It's a better program to watch than Newsroom in the morning when I don't have a lot of time.

That show is frankly the best that HLN has left. Perhaps one of the more flexible programmes.

I don't know what has gotten into the minds of the HLN execs in 2004-onwards to re-create the landscape of this once great channel. I mean if there was no other network where you can get news overnight, HLN would be your best choice then, especially since the programmes then at the time were absolutely live.
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#12 HaBa

HaBa

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:21 AM

Although I never watched Morning Express, except from some clips found on the net, I think a combination of ME and American Morning would be the best way for CNN US to go in the mornings.

Although AM is "the most news in the morning" they are so, so cold and boring for a morning show. Really, they need to cool down a bit, relax.

I get to watch Fox and Friends and although I just dislike everything from Fox and all the comentary that they put between the news (and they still find some arguments to promote their slogan "we report, you decide".. arghh) I can understand why they are so watched in the mornings.

#13 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:49 AM

^^^

Ratings (national & local) in the morning seldom have rhyme or reason. I think when people wake up, they are still barely awake when they turn on the TV, so they just flip to something familiar. For example, KUSA makes a killing in the ratings here in Denver in the morning, but is in a tie for first with the other two main networks during the night. The same applies to Fox & Friends.

I wake up right when AM begins (7 AM here), but from what I've seen, I will agree with you that it is cold. Newsroom for some reason doesn't work for me in the morning. Perhaps it's because Newsroom doesn't have the feeling of being a comprehensive newscast. I feel that when I watch ME, I get a comprehensive newscast with pleasant people, and a comprehensive flipper I can read when I'm in a hurry.

#14 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:01 PM

Alright. I have been able to finally sit down and watch quite a bit of HLN when I was on vacation in the Caribbean over the past week and I have produced some of my conclusions on the channel:

1) Morning Express is THE BEST morning show on the cable networks. It beats American Morning, whatever Fox News has on, and for sure the local broadcasting I have to suffer through here.

2) Once the show passes through Morning Express the programming goes downhill at a rapid pace. Prime News is very entertainment oriented and once you get to Issues and Nancy Grace following their own topics, you just give up.

3) If they cleaned up their programming, it would probably be one of the best network stations, for sure!

#15 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:03 AM

^^^

I agree. I prefer Morning Express to the others, though partially because it's on late enough for here in the west coast. I wish it was more like that throughout the day, too.

#16 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:25 AM

Morning Express is great! I wonder how Robin would go on CNN? I'd actually love to see Robin and Anderson anchor the morning news show. Doubt it would ever happen but Robin is definitely up for the job and I reckon AC could pull it off as well.

#17 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:31 AM

I've seen a few clips on YouTube of Robin Meade. It looks like it is a great show, just from those short clips. I wonder how it would go on CNN US?

#18 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:09 AM

^^^

I actually like having the choice between AM and ME. They epitomize two very different morning program formats-- slow and fast. When I don't have a lot of time in the morning, I switch on ME since it's very fast and covers a lot of different stories. If I have a lot of time in the morning to lounge and watch TV, then I turn on AM since it's very discussion-oriented with a lot of really interesting guests.

They complement each other very well-- my only complaint is that AM is sometimes on too early for the west coast.

#19 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:29 AM

Robin must be popular because there are lots of Morning Express videos on YouTube. I tried searching for videos of Headline News and HLN and apart from specific segments here and there, the only other videos are of Robin. I usually always check out her podcast on the CNN website. It's kinda like Back Story for HLN.

#20 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:04 AM

Is Robin on vacation? I haven't been able to watch the show for a couple of weeks, but I tuned in just now and Richard Lui is in for Robin.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users